HC Quarter Final

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by rumncoke »

Saffers will still opt to play in Europe despite the 5 year rule — funds -earnings abroad being desirable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote:Ulster's ticketing plans for the QF are definitely flexible. They were going to distribute them to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, new STHs for 2019/20 and then general sale.
Cut and paste job from yesteryear? (with dates changed)

Have season ticket sales for 2019/20 started yet?

Are there any who fit the criterion yet?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ulster's ticketing plans for the QF are definitely flexible. They were going to distribute them to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, new STHs for 2019/20 and then general sale.

They will open season ticket sales that week I presume Grumps, they did that before
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Simple question. When are we going to hear the date and time of the match as for me this is crucial as to whether I can go or not. Some suggestion that Leinster want 5.30 on Saturday afternoon and I think this is being unreasonable to Ulster supporters for travel timings.
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Tender wrote:They are Ex-players. Nothing more. Sentiment has no place in a professional business.
Nonsense, otherwise we could all just support Leinster and enjoy winning things.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cracker wrote:Simple question. When are we going to hear the date and time of the match as for me this is crucial as to whether I can go or not. Some suggestion that Leinster want 5.30 on Saturday afternoon and I think this is being unreasonable to Ulster supporters for travel timings.
What's unreasonable about that :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Cracker wrote:Simple question. When are we going to hear the date and time of the match as for me this is crucial as to whether I can go or not. Some suggestion that Leinster want 5.30 on Saturday afternoon and I think this is being unreasonable to Ulster supporters for travel timings.
Probably up to the TV people
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

They will open season ticket sales that week I presume Grumps, they did that before
i.e. Next week?

Is that not early?

That would only allow a couple of days sales to be included in the priority group. Not saying it's wrong, but its not much of a window.
I'm not arguing -
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

big mervyn wrote:
If it was Ulster at home I'd like to think we'd be requesting a Friday night kick off and to hell with the opposition supporters
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
Presumably one match will be at that time, is it any more unreasonable than Toulouse fans going to Paris, Munster fans going to Edinburgh or Weegies going to Barnet?

Will TV companies consider the reasonableness or otherwise of any set of supporters? I would doubt it.

I doubt Leinster's preference (if indeed they have expressed one) will hold much water either.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

eeyore wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
If it was Ulster at home I'd like to think we'd be requesting a Friday night kick off and to hell with the opposition supporters
Quite right.

Whether we would get it or not is another matter altogether.

Only hope might be that TV thinks we put on a spectacle on Friday nights ...
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Ulster played Toulouse on a Fri in 1999. Can't recall any q/fs on a Friday in recent years.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Soda wrote:
Tender wrote:They are Ex-players. Nothing more. Sentiment has no place in a professional business.
Nonsense, otherwise we could all just support Leinster and enjoy winning things.
Yerballix. Support yer local team. FFS it’s not yet Wendyball, but it could go that way. Clinging to this romantic notion of a squad of born’n’bred Ulstermen playing for their province, is utter tosh. It’s gone along with the Empire, Aztec bars and £1.00 pints of Guinness.
Ulster may not be 100% Professional, but that’s more to do with Slogan & Co and how badly the place was run in the past. Yes we love The Sons Of Ulster (not that flute noise band), and often the adopted Sons Of Ulster are loved more. That doesn’t alter the fact these lads are professional rugby players and many will seek out the highest wage and if that’s to be found elsewhere, I won’t hold it against them for moving on. Yes it’s distasteful, but it’s where we’re at. Sir Charles was always honest about capitalising on his talent. I don’t have a problem with that. It doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate The Ruan’s and Mullers when they come along and cast a backwards glance at the times they entertained me.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

big mervyn wrote:Ulster played Toulouse on a Fri in 1999. Can't recall any q/fs on a Friday in recent years.
1998 surely?
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Tender wrote:
Soda wrote:
Yerballix. Support yer local team. FFS it’s not yet Wendyball, but it could go that way. Clinging to this romantic notion of a squad of born’n’bred Ulstermen playing for their province, is utter tosh. It’s gone along with the Empire, Aztec bars and £1.00 pints of Guinness.
Ulster may not be 100% Professional, but that’s more to do with Slogan & Co and how badly the place was run in the past. Yes we love The Sons Of Ulster (not that flute noise band), and often the adopted Sons Of Ulster are loved more. That doesn’t alter the fact these lads are professional rugby players and many will seek out the highest wage and if that’s to be found elsewhere, I won’t hold it against them for moving on. Yes it’s distasteful, but it’s where we’re at. Sir Charles was always honest about capitalising on his talent. I don’t have a problem with that. It doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate The Ruan’s and Mullers when they come along and cast a backwards glance at the times they entertained me.
Well yes, that's kinda what I meant . ( although technically my local team is Malone )

Or to be more exact it's all about sentiment for us as fans, obviously not so much for the players, especially the foreigners.
Last edited by Soda on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.