HC Quarter Final

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:I have an Irish passport. Might not get back in.
I'm running a repatriation service €50 per person fee refunded if I fail.
£ will be accepted if it is still solvent.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

big mervyn wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:It’s occurred to me which group of people Leinster supporters remind me of-

The very worst and most arrogant England supporters.

It would appear D4 is in Surrey. Who’d’ve thought it?
Always said D4 were more English than the English.
Toeudally...
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:I have an Irish passport. Might not get back in.
I'm running a repatriation service €50 per person fee refunded if I fail.
£ will be accepted if it is still solvent.
dont do it Dave, you're just the fuel he needs to keep his chickens warm Image
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

No chicken interfering is permitted in Arlene’s Alster. Ian Jnr will be at the Aviva as part of a fact finding jolly for the North Antrim Agnostic Gospel Singers.
Like Dave, I’ve an Oirish Passport (So I do), which expires soon and my priest has been locked up. I don’t think the Maskey’s are on speaking terms with me, since I ordered an Orange in the Rock Bar. I don’t know who I’ll get to sign my wee photo.
But never fear... they’re hardly gonna stop high rollers like ourselves from coming back North and the Mexicans sure as hell don’t want us.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Tender wrote:Ian Jnr will be at the Aviva as part of a fact finding jolly for the North Antrim Agnostic Gospel Singers.
Rolls Royce to International airport - learjet to Dublin and Bentley to shuttle him to the stadium.

Those gospel singers better have a healthy bank account to take the expense hit they're gonna get! :terror:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tender wrote:No chicken interfering is permitted in Arlene’s Alster. Ian Jnr will be at the Aviva as part of a fact finding jolly for the North Antrim Agnostic Gospel Singers.
Like Dave, I’ve an Oirish Passport (So I do), which expires soon and my priest has been locked up. I don’t think the Maskey’s are on speaking terms with me, since I ordered an Orange in the Rock Bar. I don’t know who I’ll get to sign my wee photo.
But never fear... they’re hardly gonna stop high rollers like ourselves from coming back North and the Mexicans sure as hell don’t want us.
You be ok as unless you have changed drastically since last photo, hair loss is fine, you renew online with no priest needed.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bookies running scared, they have us at 6/1 to beat Leinster, they same bookies that offered 9/1 on Ireland to beat New Zealand in Chicago
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
ladyboy696969
Novice

Post by ladyboy696969 »

Jackie Brown wrote:They have a thread on Leinsterfans about the final. Love it if we beat them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
That's a ticket thread and was started this time last year. The European finals weekend attracts fans from all over Europe, regardless of who they support, tis a celebration of the game. I, like many of my fellow rugger dudes, have gone to finals that didn't involve my beloved team, but I did buy the tickets when we did still have a chance.
You're obviously not aware of this. Ulster probably wont make it to Newcastle, but you can, just go for the craic (fun), broaden your horizons Jackie. Much better than watching Ulster games in you underpants.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

ladyboy696969 wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:They have a thread on Leinsterfans about the final. Love it if we beat them.

That's a ticket thread and was started this time last year. The European finals weekend attracts fans from all over Europe, regardless of who they support, tis a celebration of the game. I, like many of my fellow rugger dudes, have gone to finals that didn't involve my beloved team, but I did buy the tickets when we did still have a chance.
You're obviously not aware of this. Ulster probably wont make it to Newcastle, but you can, just go for the craic (fun), broaden your horizons Jackie. Much better than watching Ulster games in you underpants.
I enjoyed the Pro12 final in Edinburgh

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Bart S wrote:
Gary wrote:I remember going down to Limerick a few years ago to get stuffed by Munster.
Really? I went down to Thomond with real belief that it was a 50:50 game. Ulster had a better starting xv and that Munster team was in the decline to balance against the Thomond factor.

On a scale of being underdogs i don’t think the 2 compare. If Ulster were to win this would be off the scale in terms of an upset.
Pretty much spot on Bart. I recall advising worried Ulsterfolk on here that I expected Ulster to win that quarter final. Usually what I expect to happen does happen as I'm sure most folk know by now. :D

Realistically one has to say that Leinster should win this 1/4 final. However nobody knows how those teams will line up at this stage. Ulster can continue to improve as the season goes on and if they can come up with a huge performance they could catch Leinster out.

An Ulster v Munster final would really be great. The D4 brigade wouldn't know who they should be against. :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
ladyboy696969
Novice

Post by ladyboy696969 »

Shan wrote:
Bart S wrote:
Gary wrote:I remember going down to Limerick a few years ago to get stuffed by Munster.
Really? I went down to Thomond with real belief that it was a 50:50 game. Ulster had a better starting xv and that Munster team was in the decline to balance against the Thomond factor.

On a scale of being underdogs i don’t think the 2 compare. If Ulster were to win this would be off the scale in terms of an upset.
Pretty much spot on Bart. I recall advising worried Ulsterfolk on here that I expected Ulster to win that quarter final. Usually what I expect to happen does happen as I'm sure most folk know by now. :D

Realistically one has to say that Leinster should win this 1/4 final. However nobody knows how those teams will line up at this stage. Ulster can continue to improve as the season goes on and if they can come up with a huge performance they could catch Leinster out.

An Ulster v Munster final would really be great. The D4 brigade wouldn't know who they should be against. :lol:
Tough one alright, could be 12-13 Leinster guys on the pitch. Throw in a few saffers and off you go.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ladyboy696969 wrote: Tough one alright, could be 12-13 Leinster guys on the pitch. Throw in a few saffers and off you go.
If Leinster are not playing there will be no Leinster "goys" on the pitch.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote: Tough one alright, could be 12-13 Leinster guys on the pitch. Throw in a few saffers and off you go.
If Leinster are not playing there will be no Leinster "goys" on the pitch.
Just goes to show daddy and mommy can pay the big bucks for sonny to go to private school in Dublin but the school still can't turn stupid into smart.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:Plantar twunts
Is that like plantar fasciitis

Should this not be on the injuries update thread?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Plantar twunts
Is that like plantar fasciitis

Should this not be on the injuries update thread?
Solely
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall