HC Quarter Final

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:24 am

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Plantar twunts
Is that like plantar fasciitis

Should this not be on the injuries update thread?
My fasciitis doesn't fit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
ladyboy696969
Novice
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:19 am

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by ladyboy696969 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:32 am

Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote: Tough one alright, could be 12-13 Leinster guys on the pitch. Throw in a few saffers and off you go.
If Leinster are not playing there will be no Leinster "goys" on the pitch.
Was there not 7 Leinster guys in the 23 for Ulster at the weekend? The 5 year residency rule is going to choke off your regular supply of Boks. What then? Mexico Baby!
Oh yes, more and more private school posh boys from Dublin (and a few farmer types from the greater Dublin area). Any half decent Ulster lad will be made captain just so you can have a local accent for post match interviews.
It's already too late, Nucifora (The Sith) has done his job well.
You will be assimilated.

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 am

ladyboy696969 wrote:
Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote: Tough one alright, could be 12-13 Leinster guys on the pitch. Throw in a few saffers and off you go.
If Leinster are not playing there will be no Leinster "goys" on the pitch.
Was there not 7 Leinster guys in the 23 for Ulster at the weekend? The 5 year residency rule is going to choke off your regular supply of Boks. What then? Mexico Baby!
Oh yes, more and more private school posh boys from Dublin (and a few farmer types from the greater Dublin area). Any half decent Ulster lad will be made captain just so you can have a local accent for post match interviews.
It's already too late, Nucifora (The Sith) has done his job well.
You will be assimilated.
No. There were 23 Ulster players in the Ulster.

Leinster is a club. The only reason players play for a club is because they want to. When they leave they are no longer Leinster players.

I literally cannot communicate this any simpler.

The provinces are fictional geographical zones. We have simply have Irish players coming to play for an Irish club.

Your nonsensical point about "boks" is utter bollix, considering Leinster have more overseas players than Ulster.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
ladyboy696969
Novice
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:19 am

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by ladyboy696969 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 am

Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote:
Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote: Tough one alright, could be 12-13 Leinster guys on the pitch. Throw in a few saffers and off you go.
If Leinster are not playing there will be no Leinster "goys" on the pitch.
Was there not 7 Leinster guys in the 23 for Ulster at the weekend? The 5 year residency rule is going to choke off your regular supply of Boks. What then? Mexico Baby!
Oh yes, more and more private school posh boys from Dublin (and a few farmer types from the greater Dublin area). Any half decent Ulster lad will be made captain just so you can have a local accent for post match interviews.
It's already too late, Nucifora (The Sith) has done his job well.
You will be assimilated.
No. There were 23 Ulster players in the Ulster.

Leinster is a club. The only reason players play for a club is because they want to. When they leave they are no longer Leinster players.

I literally cannot communicate this any simpler.

The provinces are fictional geographical zones. We have simply have Irish players coming to play for an Irish club.

Your nonsensical point about "boks" is utter bollix, considering Leinster have more overseas players than Ulster.
No. There were 23 Ulster players in the Ulster.
Ah Bless.
Y'know what? If that's what you believe, then fine.
Best of luck in the Aviva.

User avatar
GLENN CORNICK
Squire
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:08 pm
Location: Salamanca

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by GLENN CORNICK » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 am

Ah, the voice of liberal Ireland. >EW

"The D4 brigade wouldn't know who they should be against. :lol:"

Good one Shan!

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:06 am

ladyboy wrote:
No. There were 23 Ulster players in the Ulster.
Ah Bless.
Y'know what? If that's what you believe, then fine.
Best of luck in the Aviva.
This is not a belief. It is a fact.

There is no need to wish me 'luck' I'm not playing in the Aviva. I'll be there to watch and support. There is no material consequence on the outcome for me. This is the problem for you, you seem to have formed a belief that Leinster's exploits on the pitch are a reflection on you. They are not. You just watch. You might even say things when you watch or wear a pretend Leinster shirt, but any connection you have is merely a social contruct and materially indefinable.

Similarly, you appear to claim ownership over players who formerly played for a club, that I might add you have no material connection to, rendering all the words you have written on this discussion rather pointless.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13656
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Cap'n Grumpy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:35 am

Dave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Plantar twunts
Is that like plantar fasciitis

Should this not be on the injuries update thread?
My fasciitis doesn't fit.
Maybe when the swelling goes down ...
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went

User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2778
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Tender » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:19 am

Easily correctable with insoles.
It seems some folk refuse to embrace the Professional Game. Ulster Rugby is a Professional Rugby Club which plays against other Professional Clubs. It employs players who mostly come from Ireland.
This outdated romantic notion of players playing for their Province of birth is a nonsense.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 7966
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Cockatrice » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:18 am

Preparing my Ulster (Br)EXIT Europe banner for our pending defeat in QF..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5423
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Neill_M » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Public sale for the :blueafro: allocation is Thursday 31st Jan at 10am.
Last edited by Neill_M on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Where are Ulster fans likely to sit?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5423
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Neill_M » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:55 pm

Dave wrote:Where are Ulster fans likely to sit?
No idea. With Ulster giving priority to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, then new 19/20 STHs may not be a lot left for the general sale for the Ulster allocation.

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:Where are Ulster fans likely to sit?
No idea. With Ulster giving priority to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, then new 19/20 STHs may not be a lot left for the general sale for the Ulster allocation.
I'm in the second priority so I'm not sure if there will be anything after the first priority.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11304
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by big mervyn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:Where are Ulster fans likely to sit?
No idea. With Ulster giving priority to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, then new 19/20 STHs may not be a lot left for the general sale for the Ulster allocation.
I'm in the second priority so I'm not sure if there will be anything after the first priority.
Is it likely to be 1 per ST?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5423
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Neill_M » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:29 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:Where are Ulster fans likely to sit?
No idea. With Ulster giving priority to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, then new 19/20 STHs may not be a lot left for the general sale for the Ulster allocation.
I'm in the second priority so I'm not sure if there will be anything after the first priority.
Is it likely to be 1 per ST?
Not confirmed, but I would guess that. 9k? STHs currently. Ulster should get just north of 12k tickets.

Post Reply