Darren Cave

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Bart S
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3325
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Darren Cave

Post by Bart S » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 am

Decided to start a new thread as in terms of meedya presence, “he’s here, he’s there, he’s every feckin where”.

Interesting article here

https://www.thesportschronicle.com/rugb ... by-brexit/

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Darren Cave

Post by rumncoke » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm

The thing about the troubles is -- it was a cause that was pointless and still is -- for the simple reason too many people in Northern Ireland are reliant on the state in terms of the health service ,benefits, jobs,and pensions . The Irish Republic couldn't afford the problems they would inherit and the EU would not financially come to the rescue .

"Brexit" --personally I doubt if the truth was told by either side of the debate because nobody could identify the cost of staying ( in non financial terms ) and leaving (in financial terms ).

The problem that" Remainers" have is they fail to recognise that the difficulties being presented in trying to leave only go to justify the vote to leave . If the UK was taking and receiving and benefiting more from the EU than it was putting into the EU the rest of the EU would be quickly showing GB the door. The fact that Britain has to continue to contribute to the EU after it has left exposes the truth of EU expenditure it has already spent money it does not have budgeting is non existent .
Similarly the fact that the power in the EU is in the hands of so few people within the EU exposes the lack of democracy within the EU ( using the Lincoln definition) and also the corruption of power within it .

In my book"Remainers' are married to the' Perceived Ideals" and their easy holidays in Spain etc and fail to recognise the Reality that the" Leave' vote had very little to do with economics but everything to do with disillusionand recognition that the British were being abused by the political elite of the EU.

There was never any difficulty of people moving between Northern Ireland and the Republic or the Republic and GB before Britain joined the EU if there is to be difficulty in movement of people then that difficulty is being created by the EU and the Republic not by GB. ( change in the colour of an Irish Passport from EU RED would be all that would be required it could revert back to Green )

I'm not to sure what difficulties the Swiss face when moving to Germany etc.

The movement of goods is something different due the differences in taxes and customs duty which may arise but the fact remains some EU countries rely on easy access to The British Market and benefit more from that access than the reverse.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Darren Cave

Post by damianmcr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:45 pm

Good read

promenader 2
Novice
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Re: Darren Cave

Post by promenader 2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:13 pm

rumncoke wrote:The thing about the troubles is -- it was a cause that was pointless and still is -- for the simple reason too many people in Northern Ireland are reliant on the state in terms of the health service ,benefits, jobs,and pensions . The Irish Republic couldn't afford the problems they would inherit and the EU would not financially come to the rescue .

"Brexit" --personally I doubt if the truth was told by either side of the debate because nobody could identify the cost of staying ( in non financial terms ) and leaving (in financial terms ).

The problem that" Remainers" have is they fail to recognise that the difficulties being presented in trying to leave only go to justify the vote to leave . If the UK was taking and receiving and benefiting more from the EU than it was putting into the EU the rest of the EU would be quickly showing GB the door. The fact that Britain has to continue to contribute to the EU after it has left exposes the truth of EU expenditure it has already spent money it does not have budgeting is non existent .
Similarly the fact that the power in the EU is in the hands of so few people within the EU exposes the lack of democracy within the EU ( using the Lincoln definition) and also the corruption of power within it .

In my book"Remainers' are married to the' Perceived Ideals" and their easy holidays in Spain etc and fail to recognise the Reality that the" Leave' vote had very little to do with economics but everything to do with disillusionand recognition that the British were being abused by the political elite of the EU.

There was never any difficulty of people moving between Northern Ireland and the Republic or the Republic and GB before Britain joined the EU if there is to be difficulty in movement of people then that difficulty is being created by the EU and the Republic not by GB. ( change in the colour of an Irish Passport from EU RED would be all that would be required it could revert back to Green )

I'm not to sure what difficulties the Swiss face when moving to Germany etc.

The movement of goods is something different due the differences in taxes and customs duty which may arise but the fact remains some EU countries rely on easy access to The British Market and benefit more from that access than the reverse.
Your argument only works if you believe that NI is destined to be an economic basket case from here to eternity. There are many people - me included - who believe that our poor economic situation is caused by partition and by the fact that we are stuck out on the Brennan end of the union. There's no reason to think that we wouldn't thrive if we were part of an all Ireland economy within the EU.

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40135
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Darren Cave

Post by Rooster » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:40 pm

promenader 2 wrote:
rumncoke wrote:The thing about the troubles is -- it was a cause that was pointless and still is -- for the simple reason too many people in Northern Ireland are reliant on the state in terms of the health service ,benefits, jobs,and pensions . The Irish Republic couldn't afford the problems they would inherit and the EU would not financially come to the rescue .

"Brexit" --personally I doubt if the truth was told by either side of the debate because nobody could identify the cost of staying ( in non financial terms ) and leaving (in financial terms ).

The problem that" Remainers" have is they fail to recognise that the difficulties being presented in trying to leave only go to justify the vote to leave . If the UK was taking and receiving and benefiting more from the EU than it was putting into the EU the rest of the EU would be quickly showing GB the door. The fact that Britain has to continue to contribute to the EU after it has left exposes the truth of EU expenditure it has already spent money it does not have budgeting is non existent .
Similarly the fact that the power in the EU is in the hands of so few people within the EU exposes the lack of democracy within the EU ( using the Lincoln definition) and also the corruption of power within it .

In my book"Remainers' are married to the' Perceived Ideals" and their easy holidays in Spain etc and fail to recognise the Reality that the" Leave' vote had very little to do with economics but everything to do with disillusionand recognition that the British were being abused by the political elite of the EU.

There was never any difficulty of people moving between Northern Ireland and the Republic or the Republic and GB before Britain joined the EU if there is to be difficulty in movement of people then that difficulty is being created by the EU and the Republic not by GB. ( change in the colour of an Irish Passport from EU RED would be all that would be required it could revert back to Green )

I'm not to sure what difficulties the Swiss face when moving to Germany etc.

The movement of goods is something different due the differences in taxes and customs duty which may arise but the fact remains some EU countries rely on easy access to The British Market and benefit more from that access than the reverse.
Your argument only works if you believe that NI is destined to be an economic basket case from here to eternity. There are many people - me included - who believe that our poor economic situation is caused by partition and by the fact that we are stuck out on the Brennan end of the union. There's no reason to think that we wouldn't thrive if we were part of an all Ireland economy within the EU.
Personally financially I would be far better off in ROI and would have been right from the time UK joined the EU.
Ireland's big financial gains in Europe are based on an agricultural industry which being at the Western side of Europe and mostly a prevailing West wind has lead to our milk and beef products getting a very high reputation, milk in particular is right up at the top for low dioxin and other pollutant levels hence the large volume of baby formula made here. Most of the broiler chickens in Europe and Middle East have Irish grandparents with very high disease status, same goes for breeding pigs that are shipped all over the world.
A lot of other industry is associated in one way or another and that keeps shops etc in business.
There is a false economy in NI due to high civil service numbers but no reason why a lot could not do sub contract work for other health authorities etc
In a nutshell I have always thought a united Ireland would work well even though I am from a multi generation Unionist family. A lot of the anti protestant talk from the likes of DUP etc is total bullcrap, when you live around the border and have lived through the bad times a lot tried to divide communities but never succeeded in doing so.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Darren Cave

Post by rumncoke » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Yes Ireland has done very well sucking on the EU nipple, and economically being on the isolated edge of the EU dooms many of the population on the island because farming is not a high wage and has a limited growth potential.

The alternative is the computer service industry the problem is the speed of change within that industry and the Irish edge in the Industry relies on the English Lanuage not Irish. The lack of natural resources and substantial internal market dooms most other industries to be foreign subsidiary investments and unreliable minor employers.

Ireland is a great place to live provided you have a job and reasonable income but like the North of Ireland it relies on a nipple to survive .

The Golden Age of European entitlement is over -- either Europe invests in the third world or becomes the home of the refugees who in the end wil deplete the resources of the European states at the expense of those born within those states.

The only edge which Europeans have is education -- a numeric cheaper labour force is available everywhere else.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

Master of None
Novice
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Re: Darren Cave

Post by Master of None » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:24 pm

All very well, but what does Darren Cave think?

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11305
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Darren Cave

Post by big mervyn » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 am

we also sell homemade donuts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30215
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Darren Cave

Post by BaggyTrousers » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:46 am

rumncoke wrote:
The problem that" Remainers" have is they fail to recognise that the difficulties being presented in trying to leave only go to justify the vote to leave . If the UK was taking and receiving and benefiting more from the EU than it was putting into the EU the rest of the EU would be quickly showing GB the door. The fact that Britain has to continue to contribute to the EU after it has left exposes the truth of EU expenditure it has already spent money it does not have budgeting is non existent .
Similarly the fact that the power in the EU is in the hands of so few people within the EU exposes the lack of democracy within the EU ( using the Lincoln definition) and also the corruption of power within it .
Congratulations Ron'n you are the subject of the first of my occasional interventions in this place, only to be posted when some utter lunatic utters drivel that is sorely in need of correction.

Your post was largely full of hobbyhorse's shyte but that paragraph provides a welter of opportunities to point out your crapola full of shyte rubbish.

1) Only a complete halfwit could possibly say that the difficulties the UK is experiencing as they leave is down to anything other than of their own making. Initially, clowns such as yourself believed/were led to believe, that the EU needed the UK more than the reverse and because of that the UK would obtain a fantastic deal. I know a man who teaches economics who spouted that crap too so you are not alone.

FACT: How dumb do you need to be to believe that 27 nations will give you a better deal than they themselves will have? Very dumb is the correct answer.

2) "If the UK was taking and receiving and benefiting more from the EU than it was putting into the EU the rest of the EU would be quickly showing GB the door." Like most of your ilk, you refuse to allow facts to get in the way of ignorance.

FACT: statistics published one week before the referendum in 2016 showed UK to be only the 8th net contributor per capita and in actual amount contributed, behind both Germany and France and barely a red cent more than Italy. In population terms, three Scandinavian countries, Holland, France, Germany & France all pay more than Brits.

Your alleged basket case, Ireland is only two places behind UK in per capita contributions and despite your lies to the contrary, are net contributors to the EU.

3) Once more, facts and you are estranged. "The fact that Britain has to continue to contribute to the EU after it has left exposes the truth of EU expenditure it has already spent money it does not have budgeting is non existent."

FACT: there is absolutely zero "punishment money" in the amount the proposed deal demands of the UK. It represents future commitments that the UK has made through it's membership, nothing more.

4) "Similarly the fact that the power in the EU is in the hands of so few people within the EU exposes the lack of democracy within the EU ( using the Lincoln definition) and also the corruption of power within it."

This is opinion, therefore, it cannot be countered with facts, however, I will finish by likening your pathetic little opinion to that of endlessly stupid and ignorant harridan late of your parish, Kate fu@king Hoey. The admirable Guy Verhofstadt burned her at the stake on social media during the week as follows:

Hoey: Can anyone imagine PM Thatcher's reaction to these unelected bureaucrats? What more does it take for @10DowningStreet to say "enough is enough". #GoWTO

Guy: Hi @KateHoeyMP, thanks for the feedback. Actually I was elected by my constituents with more than 500K votes. Imagine an MP campaigning on Europe not knowing that MEPs are elected.

Well fack Sadie I guldered so I did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bite my Dick Ron'n, you are the UAFC's Kate Hoey, an ill-informed, Daily Fascist spouting moron.

Goodbye.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 12307
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Beer garden

Re: Darren Cave

Post by fermain » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 am

Well fack Sadie I roared!!!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Darren Cave

Post by rumncoke » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 am

I knew you couldn't resist it

I for one never expected a good deal when coming out of the EU -- but I also recognised a F-ck- up organisation which is the EU .

For a socialist you fail to recognise that EU by the free movement of Labour is the most anti socialist political institution ever created and Baggy. i'm not a socialist I consider myself a Conservative with an Anti-Establishment mindset. A Royalist who dislikes the bum -kissers .

The Sir Alans -- of this world -- the self made kiss my ass -- bleeding heart socialists who complain and then spend half their lives living in another country give my head peace.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Darren Cave

Post by Dave » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 am

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Excellent stuff Baggy.

I will allow Rum to be quoted but only if to eviscerate his BS in this manner.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Darren Cave

Post by therealspratt » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:26 am

The free movement of labour is somehow an unsocialist belief? Do one Rum. I mean seriously go sit on a glass coca cola bottle until it fits.

User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11008
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Re: Darren Cave

Post by Jackie Brown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:48 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:
The problem that" Remainers" have is they fail to recognise that the difficulties being presented in trying to leave only go to justify the vote to leave . If the UK was taking and receiving and benefiting more from the EU than it was putting into the EU the rest of the EU would be quickly showing GB the door. The fact that Britain has to continue to contribute to the EU after it has left exposes the truth of EU expenditure it has already spent money it does not have budgeting is non existent .
Similarly the fact that the power in the EU is in the hands of so few people within the EU exposes the lack of democracy within the EU ( using the Lincoln definition) and also the corruption of power within it .
Congratulations Ron'n you are the subject of the first of my occasional interventions in this place, only to be posted when some utter lunatic utters drivel that is sorely in need of correction.

Your post was largely full of hobbyhorse's shyte but that paragraph provides a welter of opportunities to point out your crapola full of shyte rubbish.

1) Only a complete halfwit could possibly say that the difficulties the UK is experiencing as they leave is down to anything other than of their own making. Initially, clowns such as yourself believed/were led to believe, that the EU needed the UK more than the reverse and because of that the UK would obtain a fantastic deal. I know a man who teaches economics who spouted that crap too so you are not alone.

FACT: How dumb do you need to be to believe that 27 nations will give you a better deal than they themselves will have? Very dumb is the correct answer.

2) "If the UK was taking and receiving and benefiting more from the EU than it was putting into the EU the rest of the EU would be quickly showing GB the door." Like most of your ilk, you refuse to allow facts to get in the way of ignorance.

FACT: statistics published one week before the referendum in 2016 showed UK to be only the 8th net contributor per capita and in actual amount contributed, behind both Germany and France and barely a red cent more than Italy. In population terms, three Scandinavian countries, Holland, France, Germany & France all pay more than Brits.

Your alleged basket case, Ireland is only two places behind UK in per capita contributions and despite your lies to the contrary, are net contributors to the EU.

3) Once more, facts and you are estranged. "The fact that Britain has to continue to contribute to the EU after it has left exposes the truth of EU expenditure it has already spent money it does not have budgeting is non existent."

FACT: there is absolutely zero "punishment money" in the amount the proposed deal demands of the UK. It represents future commitments that the UK has made through it's membership, nothing more.

4) "Similarly the fact that the power in the EU is in the hands of so few people within the EU exposes the lack of democracy within the EU ( using the Lincoln definition) and also the corruption of power within it."

This is opinion, therefore, it cannot be countered with facts, however, I will finish by likening your pathetic little opinion to that of endlessly stupid and ignorant harridan late of your parish, Kate fu@king Hoey. The admirable Guy Verhofstadt burned her at the stake on social media during the week as follows:

Hoey: Can anyone imagine PM Thatcher's reaction to these unelected bureaucrats? What more does it take for @10DowningStreet to say "enough is enough". #GoWTO

Guy: Hi @KateHoeyMP, thanks for the feedback. Actually I was elected by my constituents with more than 500K votes. Imagine an MP campaigning on Europe not knowing that MEPs are elected.

Well fack Sadie I guldered so I did. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Bite my Dick Ron'n, you are the UAFC's Kate Hoey, an ill-informed, Daily Fascist spouting moron.

Goodbye.
This exchange?Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999

User avatar
GLENN CORNICK
Squire
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:08 pm
Location: Salamanca

Re: Darren Cave

Post by GLENN CORNICK » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 am

As usual, nobody understands what fascism actually is and what the term means. But never mind.

I think it would be fair to assume that the EU represents corporate interests, in its latest, more refined guise as globalism.

One of the features of globalist corporatism is to promote an epistemocracy, governance by expert; which de facto, abhors the "uncertainties" of democracy.This can be seen by the explosion in Quangos, NGO's and he like.

Another interesting trend has been how the non-left has employed the tactics of the left, here on the net, by setting up so-called "digital counter-republics" as counterpoints to the mainstream media.The MSM do not like these.

Ironically the concept of these counter-republics goes back to the left-wing thinker, Nancy Fraser, and was originally defined as "an alternative discussion space for marginalised social groups such as workers, women, minorities, or people with migration experience." Fraser held the view that the mainstream media was NOT to be trusted.

Finally it's interesting to note that Heiko Maas, the German justice minister, asked In 2015, Anetta Kahane, the Amadeu Antonio Foundation founder to take part in a task force against hate speech on social media.

Kahane is an ex STASI volunteer informer and her files run to some 800 pages on students, journalists, sportspeople, artists and writers whom she shopped to her handlers at STASI HQ. Her code name was "Victoria".She has admitted to being an unofficial collaborator of the former East German secret police, informing even on neighbours as well as political dissidents with the aim of obtaining favours from the East German government.

Well I suppose as various Arab and South American nations hired ex Gestapo operatives.........

VIVA LIBERTAD, maybe?

“These garden-variety authoritarians are eager to regulate us into conformity with the “settled” consensus du jour, whatever it is,” George Will, in The Washington Post.


Donald Tusk

@eucopresident
· Feb 6, 2019
I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like, for those who promoted #Brexit, without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely.


Yanis Varoufakis

@yanisvaroufakis
Probably very similar to the place reserved for those who designed a monetary union without a proper banking union and, once the banking crisis hit, transferred cynically the bankers' gigantic losses onto the shoulders of the weakest taxpayers.

12.4K
9:58 AM - Feb 7, 2019

Privatize the profits, socialize the costs; The Corporate Way

Post Reply