Darren Cave

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Darren Cave

Post by rumncoke »

Capt if Marshall has been fit how many games do you think Cave would have played this year .

Next year Hume will be one year older and possibly the go to bench player with McCloskey Addison and Marshall, ( any 2 from 3 ) as the starting centres .

And that omits Ludic

At an Estimate of 4 games I might be over stating the number of games he could play .

Like SoB his best days could be well behind him come Sept .

Trimble lost a lot of pace his last season as did Bowe .

Personally I consider his decision to retire to be correct — note the words HIS DECISION . He would be spending 4 days a week training to play AIL most Saturdays - at 31 that is a waste of his time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

How if he just decided to retire and enjoy life with the family instead of sticking to a rigid diet and training regime and getting his body knocked around a bit more with the potential of finishing up with a wrecked ACL or something at his age ?
The guy may well be a lot smarter and forward thinking than a lot of comments here. 13 years at 13 not a bad spell of rugby.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

He'll be 32 when the season finishes. Chris Henry retired because his body had enough. Probably a factor with Darren too.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

With apologies to those who have Rumn on ignore, he wrote:Capt if Marshall has been fit how many games do you think Cave would have played this year .
A lot more than you think he would. By your own admission:
rumncoke wrote:... for a player who tackles as often as a centre has too* ...
Centres make tackles - centres get broken. If Marshall had (past tense) been fit, how long before he got broken again, or needed a rest to prevent him getting broken again?

Darren Cave's contribution to Ulster is much more than his contribution on the field during matches. How many times and by how many people, do you need to be told? No don't answer that. :roll:

* Don't blame me, his spelling is as bad as his grammar (or lack of).
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

apologies again He wrote:Personally I consider his decision to retire to be correct — note the words HIS DECISION . He would be spending 4 days a week training to play AIL most Saturdays - at 31 that is a waste of his time .

If it was indeed his own decision then I entirely respect that. Doesn't mean most of us here wouldn't have been happy to have seen him have another season at Ulster.

I suspect it might be more to do with retiring as a "life-long Ulster man" (HIS WORDS), not because he wanted to stop completely, but because he didn't want to be playing for another team other than Ulster. I understand that offers were made, just not by Ulster.

Whilst I'm sorry to see him go, I am very happy for him to go on as near his own terms as possible. He was and is proud to be an Ulster man. Respect to him for that. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

He always gave good value for those 225 appearances >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote:He always gave good value for those 225 appearances >appl
I would like to think he'll be starting at 13 versus Leinster at home so he can get a proper >appl

13th minute "Stand Up For The Cave Man"
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:He always gave good value for those 225 appearances >appl
I would like to think he'll be starting at 13 versus Leinster at home so he can get a proper >appl

13th minute "Stand Up For The Cave Man"
"Stand Up for the Troglodyte" scans better. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Darren Cave masks on his last game?

#hisfacefitsatulster
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?