Ulster Squad 2019/20

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Neill_M »

pip14 wrote:Irrelevant question but like this year, next year, Leinster are only allowed to have 2 of Gibson Park, Fardy and Lowe allowed to play in HC. Does that mean we can only have 2 of Coetzee, Faddes and Carter??
Whiskey Malone RFC becomes "Irish" in the summer so the :mexican: will no longer have that issue I believe and my honourable colleague Dave has covered the South African side of things in that they are classed as EU under current arrangements.

Faddes not announced yet and I understand went off injured last week for the Highlanders?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Neill_M wrote:
pip14 wrote:Irrelevant question but like this year, next year, Leinster are only allowed to have 2 of Gibson Park, Fardy and Lowe allowed to play in HC. Does that mean we can only have 2 of Coetzee, Faddes and Carter??
Whiskey Malone RFC becomes "Irish" in the summer so the :mexican: will no longer have that issue I believe and my honourable colleague Dave has covered the South African side of things in that they are classed as EU under current arrangements.

Faddes not announced yet and I understand went off injured last week for the Highlanders?
Three year residency means he is eligible to represent Ireland but is he only Irish and therefore exempt from ruling once he has represented Ireland in the eyes of the European Rugby committee.

Don't know the answer just putting a different take on it.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nagle off to Italy by the sound of it.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote:Nagle off to Italy by the sound of it.
Treviso or Zebre?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Don’t know mate.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Holiday?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Dave wrote:
Coetzee isn't included in that. Under the Kolpack agreement, Saffers have the same rights as those from EU countries regarding work and movement. This looks likely to end following withdrawal from the EU.
The 2 "non-European" rule isn't actually strictly about EU rules although it does incorporate them within the definition.

I contacted EPCR about the exact definition of "European" and it's much looser than you'd think. It incorporates the EU/Kolpak rulings so that anyone who is eligible to play for an EU or Kolpak country is considered European. But the definition of "European" also includes anyone entitled to play for a union that is affiliated to Rugby Europe. This is how the Russian and Georgian teams fit in without a separate rule for them. Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland are all members of Rugby Europe so Brexit won't have any impact on that rule.

"Thank you for your email.

To clarify, all matchday squads must be compliant with the regulation on the basis that the definition of 'European' as defined by the Cotonou Agreement is as shown below which is a treaty signed by the European Union and therefore, not defined by EPCR unilaterally. That definition is below:

A European player is…

A national of:

1. a Member State of the European Union, or the European Economic Area, or of a state with which the European Community has entered into an agreement that includes directly effective provisions conferring equivalent rights of non-discrimination against that state's nationals within the European Union. Usually, all players except Australians, New Zealanders, and North and South Americans (however, many of these players qualify through points 2 and 4 below).

2. See Cotonou Agreement between EU and African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (78 countries) en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotonou_Agreement

3. a state whose national rugby union or federation is a member of Rugby Europe, or

4. has completed 36 consecutive months of residence in the country of the Union which has jurisdiction over his club, or

5. pursuant to Regulation 8 of World Rugby regulation, is eligible to play for the senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team, the next senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or the senior National Representative Sevens Team (as those terms are used in those regulations) of a Union or federation that is a member of Rugby Europe.

We hope that you enjoy the weekend of European club rugby

EPCR Communications team"
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

Dalton has posted on Instagram he’s in Australia to play rugby.. has he been ditched by ulster?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ulster32 wrote:Dalton has posted on Instagram he’s in Australia to play rugby.. has he been ditched by ulster?
IRFU organised it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

What for?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:What for?
Game time and experience ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good idea. Just because the rugby stops here, doesn't mean he can't get game time down under.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Rooster wrote:
He coukd be playing for Malone, and is he still not u20 so could play in the wc? Or too old this year?

Seems odd to me, as I havent heard of the IRFU doing it with anyone before
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Does he use Twatter?
Did he steal Trevelyan’s corn?
Maybe he just fancied a Parma.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Rooster wrote:
He coukd be playing for Malone, and is he still not u20 so could play in the wc? Or too old this year?

Seems odd to me, as I havent heard of the IRFU doing it with anyone before
Malone dont play over the summer or if they do there are no other clubs to play them !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best