Millbeg has signed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Millbeg has signed

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:Time to redraw the map then?
So if we give you Louth and Meath from Leinster, that means you get the Kearneys and Dev Toner?

I trust that will satisfy your territorial demands? Image
No, there is no need but Leinster fans must begin to realise that current Leinster players own them absolutely nothing. They have made their wildest dreams come true. It's the player's choice ultimately. They had no fcuks to give when our players were being given away.

This tribalism is getting boring. Unless you want to Lexit from the IRFU?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Slowly but surely we are moving to the New Zealand style for distribution of players
I called for that years ago. Small country and makes sense to share the players across the teams. Ultimately the provinces and Ireland benefit.

Assuming McGrath to Ulster is correct, it is an excellent piece of work by those involved.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:
This tribalism is getting boring. Unless you want to Lexit from the IRFU?
D4 to exit from itself. Ah here. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Slowly but surely we are moving to the New Zealand style for distribution of players
Yeah it does look that way, don't mind it to a degree but to me you want a decent load of locals in the team to maintain the identity and connection with the fans.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Deraless wrote:https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/le ... 59685.html

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Interesting bit in all that is it appears McGrath has instigated the move, I guess once you get a few Mexicans up it gives others comfort that Ulster isn't the worst place to be. Feel slightly disappointed for O'Sullivan, but between the two we would have really good competition at loose head.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Lurgan Lad wrote:
Deraless wrote:https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/le ... 59685.html

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Interesting bit in all that is it appears McGrath has instigated the move, I guess once you get a few Mexicans up it gives others comfort that Ulster isn't the worst place to be. Feel slightly disappointed for O'Sullivan, but between the two we would have really good competition at loose head.
And i guess O'Sullivan will learn a lot from him.
Also, these days you need two good complete front rows to be competitive.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Just spotted this on glancing at the Ulster website - coincidence or was someone giving a cheeky heads-up??Image
..one more thing
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Lurgan Lad wrote:
Yeah it does look that way, don't mind it to a degree but to me you want a decent load of locals in the team to maintain the identity and connection with the fans.
Interesting that the squad and new players coming in this year have had sessions with ex Ulster players, told the stories of famous victories and educated on what it means to be an Ulsterman.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:
Interesting that the squad and new players coming in this year have had sessions with ex Ulster players, told the stories of famous victories and educated on what it means to be an Ulsterman.
Thanks No9, lovely to hear that. Feels in quite a few ways that we are heading in the right direction with people at the top who know what they are doing.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Currently Leinster are churning out a number of players who have a desire to play Pro rugby -- see themselves as the next BoD or Fergus Slattery etc . Why because -rugby is basically the only International Professional sport capable of providing both a living and celebrity status in a land short of celebrities and professional sports.

Sure GAA has its celebrities but the fact remains it lacks an International audience and the status it gives tends to have county rather than National and International span.

How many GAA at 20 years of age can experience a trip to London or Paris or play at an under 20 World Cup even if they never play professional Rugby-- thus at school level Rugby has an appeal which exceeds that of alternative sports.

The problem faced by Ulster is that the cradle of Ulster Rugby has had an amateur appeal,the schools playing rugby are grammar schools -- whose task is educate pupils to a University entrance level -- rugby is not a considered a career option and no Careers Master would recommend it has an option.

In New Zealand they expect only 3% of those who play rugby at school will make it to a Pro Academy and they will frequently only play for 3 years -- some realising they are not good enough, some retiring through injury .

If that is the accepted ratio then the only course is to ensure the players who might make the the grade are spead around the available Pro teams as evenly as possible.

-- on a tangent from the few who make it to Pro level even fewer make it International level.

It is all fine a dandy for the Unions who are hungry for money to think up competitions to raise funds but the game at International level is extremely fast and competitive with as seen during this six nations with a win at any cost approach , for a player like Sexton this can result in 5 -6 heavy hits per game some legal some very marginal and some intentionally illegal.

A season with a competition consisting of 11 games could result in some players being subject to 30 plus tackles of that nature -- at least at club level not every player is of International standard weight and speed with the motivational ill-will which can be generated at International level.

With many brainwashed and braindead men blowing the whistle with little idea of what is and what is not dangerous it a competition too much and too risky for players welfare in my opinion.Never mind its narrow minded concept of countries to be included.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist