Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by againstthehead »

Not sure I've ever been so proud of an Ulster side. Gutted about the Stockdale mare and Cooney should have got his conversion but as people have said, after loosing the likes of Ruan et al, and the debacle with Olding and Jackson and the coaching fiasco and the ceo and the list goes on, to even reach the QF was a fantastic achievement but to put in a gritty performance like that was superb.

In fairness, Leinster looked a lot more dangerous when they put phase after phase on us and I think there was a certain inevitability about the while thing. That said, the determination and defense from the lads was excellent and you couldn't really ask for much more.

Felt gutted for Rory but Herring didn't let the side down. Well done Ulster - massive performance but gutted that we just couldn't quite sneak the win but no real complaints.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Having watched that match yesterday, I suspect McGrath won't be having too many worries about coming up to a competitive team. :lol:

How many others in Leinster Academy will have seen the change in the way the wind is blowing and will also want to come north? :stir:

Mummies and daddies in Dublin will be queuing to put their little Seans' and Patricks' names down for the private schools of Belfast ... oh wait ... :duh:

World domination in how many years? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Did anyone find Leo's comments in the post-match interview to be really dickish?

He basically said Leinster were really poor and had a lot of work to do, giving Ulster no credit at all.

Also BOD really hates Stockdale doesn't he?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

shamalicious wrote:Did anyone find Leo's comments in the post-match interview to be really dickish?

He basically said Leinster were really poor and had a lot of work to do, giving Ulster no credit at all.

Also BOD really hates Stockdale doesn't he?

Leo is a lucky coach to have such a depth of squad at his disposal and a deputy like Lancaster. Suspect if he were elsewhere his "coaching" might not have the same results. His comments about marcel before the game were crass also. At least it showed they were worried.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Leo has always been a knob

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Flads
Novice

Post by Flads »

Must be a big argument that Cave should get another season, he like the rest had a great game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Special mention to Cave who went into that game with an injury that would have kept others in the stand.. The man bleeds Ulster and obviously annoys the feck out of BoD who I understand may have used Cave and cheat in the same sentence.. Not sure why Addision and Marshall would necessarily be our starting 12/13 pairing next year McCloskey had a good game and offers a lot..

As for Stockdale he will indeed learn however he flashed his trademark smile as he went over the line only for it to disappear in double quick time when he realised what he had done.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I don't often gurn about refs but Romain was so poor yesterday. Every 50-50 call went Leinster's way and some very dodgy calls against us. He played advantage to Leinster and they must have made about 50m but because they didn't score, he brought it back for a penalty. Later we were awarded advantage and before the ball even left Burns's boot he called advantage over. Towards the end of the game, scrum near the Leinster end, Ulster dominated the scrum and he didn't give a penalty.

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Cockatrice wrote:Special mention to Cave who went into that game with an injury that would have kept others in the stand.. The man bleeds Ulster and obviously annoys the feck out of BoD who I understand may have used Cave and cheat in the same sentence.. Not sure why Addision and Marshall would necessarily be our starting 12/13 pairing next year McCloskey had a good game and offers a lot..

As for Stockdale he will indeed learn however he flashed his trademark smile as he went over the line only for it to disappear in double quick time when he realised what he had done.
BOD was very complimentary about Cave (the cheat comment apart), which is unlike him. Shows how good Cave was.

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

What was the cheat comment?

BODs a cnut
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

damianmcr wrote:What was the cheat comment?

BODs a cnut
Something like "if you're going to cheat you may as well go all out to do it".

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by rumncoke »

Bar some scrum calls ( The French have no idea about what is and is not allowable ) I consider The ref had a reasonable game .

Truth is Ulster we’re living on the edge of off side at every breakdown and Leinster were coming in the side over the top and playing men without the ball

No referee gets everything right but most are clueless come scrum time .

The only way to limit anything is to make the props keep their elbows up at shoulder height — if you can’t see the elbows up you can guarantee somebody is either pulling down or driving in .

Last edited by rumncoke on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BOD didn't agree with the award of a penalty against Marcell when Leinster scored their first penalty of the first half.

A few minutes later when ball was ripped from Stu and went to ground before Stu re-collected it, Poite gave a knock-on against Stu, but BOD reckoned they should have played on as it was a clear rip,not a knock-on. Leinster were awarded a penalty at the subsequent scrum and got another three points.

When BOD says Ulster were hard done by twice in a few minutes, and Leinster went from 5 to 11, you know the ref got something wrong.

It's not often I agree with BOD, but having watched it back again, I agree fully with him.

I was amazed by BOD's attempts to be neutral yesterday. he was obviously a true blue by the end of the match, but earlier on he seemed to be bending over backwards to not be biased.

I suspect in the earlier stages he probably thought that as the game went on Leinster were gonna rip us a new one, but as the minutes ticked by and that didn't happen, he reverted to type.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Cooney’s best game in an ulster shirt, great to see him be a threat with his scoots around the ruck.
Marcell was phenomenal . Hendy was immense. Moore and EOS’s work rate was incredible. Treadwell has come on leaps and bounds. The young guns in the back three bring a smile to my face at the future they have with ulster.

Stockdale was arguably best player on the pitch.

Gutted we didn’t win but I can’t wipe the smile of my face at the thought of things to come with this current side and coaches. Throw in McGrath, Faddes, Carter, Addison, Gilroy and the rest of the young guns coming through.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cooney was psyched for this one. You could see the intensity etched on his face.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall