Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by rumncoke »

Capt it is the lack of recognition swings and roundabouts — that Ulster May have committed offences which had not been penalised — the most obvious could be off side - some accidental some may have been deliberate .

The penalty was not for the rip but an alleged scrum offence ( which being French could have been given to the wrong team ) but they have focused on the non knock on not — was the scrum penalty correct .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Nice to see Hendy getting the kudos outside Ulster especially when facing up to the chosen one at Lock. He was majestic and the fact no one has been jizzing their pants about it here just shows how high his standards are consistently. We kind of expect it from him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

He was on another level from Ryan. Serious physicality

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

How many times have we hoped for a massive performance in big matches and died on our hoops. This time all the experienced guys played close to their potential and dragged the youngsters up with them.

Not that it will change much cos he's a creature of habit, but I wonder what Joe thought watching it. I'm sure that was a carrot dangled by Dan too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:He was on another level from Ryan. Serious physicality

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Ryan was ineffective as a ball carrier. Ulster won the lionshare of the collisions. I don't even think Hendo was fully fit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I thought all 4 locks played well. Ryan seemed to be putting in a fair few tackles.

Henderson and Ryan complement each other well. Unfortunately Ireland's hookers can struggle without Toner's presence at times or having him call the lineouts.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I though Henderson look the ball standing still quite a lot and didn't carry particularly effectively.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

againstthehead wrote:I though Henderson look the ball standing still quite a lot and didn't carry particularly effectively.
I hate when he stops after getting the ball. When he puts the head down and drives the legs he is much more effective. I don't think he was fully fit, his training would have been hampered with the knee injury and he has missed a fair bit of rugby over the last few months.
Leargas
Novice

Post by Leargas »

Objectively it must be conceded that Ulster were the better team over the 80 minutes and should have won.
Leargas
Novice

Post by Leargas »

The most interesting (I am tempted to use a more impactive adjective) vignette of the match:
I went over to commiserate with the nearest Ulster supporter afterwards: a young one waving an Ulster flag. It turned out that this, ostensible, daughter of Ulster was in fact a Munster damsel: ‘anyone but Leinster’ and all that.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Leargas wrote:The most interesting (I am tempted to use a more impactive adjective) vignette of the match:
I went over to commiserate with the nearest Ulster supporter afterwards: a young one waving an Ulster flag. It turned out that this, ostensible, daughter of Ulster was in fact a Munster damsel: ‘anyone but Leinster’ and all that.
You mean to say a neutral fan was supporting the under dog? I'm astounded.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Leargas wrote:The most interesting (I am tempted to use a more impactive adjective) vignette of the match:
You mean to say a neutral fan was supporting the under dog? I'm astounded.
You can look a bit closer to home Leargas. I met a whole family from Offaly who were supporting Connacht at Ravenhill because they felt "more connected to them than than the D4 establishment".
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Hard to believe it's not just Ulster fans that find Leinster fans intolerable.

...though I have to say I didn't encounter any issues on Saturday's trip - the bluenoses around us must have been mere blow-ins for a big game and not RDS regulars.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:I thought all 4 locks played well. Ryan seemed to be putting in a fair few tackles.

Henderson and Ryan complement each other well. Unfortunately Ireland's hookers can struggle without Toner's presence at times or having him call the lineouts.
Agreed. Ryan and Hendo are a formidable pairing. You could argue that Treadwell was the pick of the bunch. He was excellent in the lineout, which for Ulster functioned very well. His acceleration over 5 metres is impressive for a big man. He left Ruddock for dead in scoring the opening try.

Agree re: Toner. I was relieved to hear that he would miss the match. Not that I would
wish an injury on any player but he absolutely took apart the lineout at the RDS earlier in the season. Second row is an area of strength for Ireland now. There might be an argument for playing Beirne in the backrow in the absence of Leavy. That's a debate for another thread.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

OneMore wrote:
Hard to believe it's not just Ulster fans that find Leinster fans intolerable.

...though I have to say I didn't encounter any issues on Saturday's trip - the bluenoses around us must have been mere blow-ins for a big game and not RDS regulars.
Likewise. Very polite bunch. I was especially impressed at the respect shown to the kickers ... also to the throwers, catchers, passers, runners and tacklers :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall