Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by Deraless »

He did well at the start. Leinster obviously targeted him with the high ball as he gave away a lot of height to their wingers but in general he did well with ball in hand.

That's the biggest match he has ever played and I wonder if he started to lose concentration towards the end.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

rocky wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:I think it's fair to say the rugby community in Leinster is fairly shattered by Dan's bad news. The print media are not discussing it which is understandable. Maybe the medics can do something for him.
The good wishes of Ulster fans are much appreciated.
I think you can take it with a high degree of certainty that every one of us in Ulster are 100% in sympathy with him and really hope he can recover from such a terrible injury.
100% agree. Horrible news. Hope he makes as full a recovery as possible.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

thecrouch wrote:According to the leinster fans forum thingy, Dan Leavy has ripped his hamstring and calf off the bone, torn his ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL (didn't even know 2 of those existed), and broken his fibula.
what the.. Image
..one more thing
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

HammerTime wrote:Just watched the match back there. For all the talent young Lowry has I wonder does he have the physical attributes for modern rugby. He's not for the want of trying to be fair to him. In the last 20 minutes he lost 4 up and unders between his own 22 and 10 metre line as well as being badly overpowered which led to a penalty on 75mins, before which Ulster were applying serious pressure. Leinster then saw out the game well the last 5 mins. This cost us the game as much as Stockdales blunder.
I must say I find myself wondering the same thing when I see him play - he’s very good at using his feet to avoid big shots, and also at keeping himself safe when he’s tackling (technically he’s miles better tackler than Burns), but you can’t dodge every bullet. I think he can put a little more size on, and I’d expect that to be a goal in time for next season
..one more thing
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

My analysis of that (if true) is that he had a complete dislocation of the knee joint. Very rare in rugby but I have seen it twice before. It's a horrendous injury. Almost certainly has done damage to his menisci (cartilages) as well. If he can make a good enough recovery to get back to professional rugby he will be very lucky, I believe. Very sorry for the lad indeed.
Bo***cks to Brexit
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Columbo wrote:
HammerTime wrote:Just watched the match back there. For all the talent young Lowry has I wonder does he have the physical attributes for modern rugby. He's not for the want of trying to be fair to him. In the last 20 minutes he lost 4 up and unders between his own 22 and 10 metre line as well as being badly overpowered which led to a penalty on 75mins, before which Ulster were applying serious pressure. Leinster then saw out the game well the last 5 mins. This cost us the game as much as Stockdales blunder.
I must say I find myself wondering the same thing when I see him play - he’s very good at using his feet to avoid big shots, and also at keeping himself safe when he’s tackling (technically he’s miles better tackler than Burns), but you can’t dodge every bullet. I think he can put a little more size on, and I’d expect that to be a goal in time for next season
He has a definite future as an out half, IMO, but I agree that he probably can't sustain a pro career at fullback. He has great talent for sure.
Bo***cks to Brexit