Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 5th April @ 7.35pm Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 5th April @ 7.35pm Premier Sports

Post by 222toHounslow »

Setanta wrote:I do question the Ulster support!
What, their sanity for supporting Ulster?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Another game that Lowry couldn't finish...

If only there was an Irish 10 available at the end of the season...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:Another game that Lowry couldn't finish...

Expecting him to challenge in the air and run back into a line of 14 players is not his game. He can dodge the first tackler but gets nailed everytime by the second.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

jean valjean wrote:

Expecting him to challenge in the air and run back into a line of 14 players is not his game. He can dodge the first tackler but gets nailed everytime by the second.

Thought he just went over on his ankle 5minutes before he came off. Was it from a tackle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

Thought he just went over on his ankle 5minutes before he came off. Was it from a tackle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He went down after a tackle, then they strapped his ankle up.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Ulster’s problem at least for another while will be to try and keep the level of intensity they managed against Leinster for more than the very odd big game.. even at that level they fell short against a jaded Mexican side that didn’t fire.. we are still getting rid of the problems from Kiss and other previous coaches some still need to be removed and reset... a project still.
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yes Gary is that the league all but wrapped up.. Ulster are more like the Glens these days
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's a timely reminder of how we are in transition. A starting lineup littered with Academy players/recent graduates and only one NIQ. Glasgow have had a solid set piece all season and have the tools to cut teams up. They are winning their conference after all. A bit of perspective is needed, although the non-finishing of tries is starting to become an issue.

Reinforcements are coming for next season. Whatever happens this season, it has already been an improvement on the catastrophic FOLK era, which we would all like to forget.
Fly Half
Steward

Post by Fly Half »

Is it an improvement if Ulster don't qualify for the Champions Cup?
The future isn't what it used to be
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Fly Half wrote:Is it an improvement if Ulster don't qualify for the Champions Cup?
Hmmm good point.....

Although, Kiss didn't achieve this. We would have to be disastrous to finish 4th and then lose the play off.
Last edited by Dave on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Gonna need results to go our way these next 2 weekends. With a bit of luck we are still in 2nd place come Friday knowing a win will do the job.

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It was a game which after the first 2 minutes of the second half Ulster played as if there was an unspoken agreement "' this isn't our night -- why try "

The decision had at its roots a referee who was clueless ,

Forward passes ( by both sides did'n't happen ) playing players beyond the breakdown never happened-- coming in at the side never happened -- offside only happened once --?? . Team is going to deliberately and repeatedly going disrupt scrum to give away penalties ? The referee got the first scrum penalty wrong -- and then couldn't admit it and Glasgow repeatedly disrupted the scrum thereafter by boring on their own put in to achieve the penalty .

He spent ( wasted) 4 minutes looking at a handbags and then did nothing spent another 2 at the start of the second watching a player being taken out in the and did nothing --- It is dangerous play to jump at a player -- it was a least a yellow -- and should have been a red -- he bottled it . then McCloskey trying to do the right thing over kicked the ball -- to compound the notion its "not our night -- why try "

I am not blaming the decisions of the referee for Ulsters defeat it was his lack of presence which created an unwillingness of effort .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Sure them FIRFU-BOI cnuts have wee joey, Carty and Ed Byrne (or is that the Mock the Week panellist dude...) so they don’t need to worry about Paddy playing in green anymore so at least let us have him back home. I doubt anyone cares if he plays for them again and I doubt he would give a flyers either as long as he was home in Belfast and Ravenhill where he belongs.

#StRuanPaddyWeeStuExiledByFIRFUCnuts
#BringThemHome
Whoof Arted
Novice

Post by Whoof Arted »

rumncoke wrote:It was a game which after the first 2 minutes of the second half Ulster played as if there was an unspoken agreement "' this isn't our night -- why try "

The decision had at its roots a referee who was clueless ,

Forward passes ( by both sides did'n't happen ) playing players beyond the breakdown never happened-- coming in at the side never happened -- offside only happened once --?? . Team is going to deliberately and repeatedly going disrupt scrum to give away penalties ? The referee got the first scrum penalty wrong -- and then couldn't admit it and Glasgow repeatedly disrupted the scrum thereafter by boring on their own put in to achieve the penalty .

He spent ( wasted) 4 minutes looking at a handbags and then did nothing spent another 2 at the start of the second watching a player being taken out in the and did nothing --- It is dangerous play to jump at a player -- it was a least a yellow -- and should have been a red -- he bottled it . then McCloskey trying to do the right thing over kicked the ball -- to compound the notion its "not our night -- why try "

I am not blaming the decisions of the referee for Ulsters defeat it was his lack of presence which created an unwillingness of effort .
Ref was correct on many decisions you mention but offsides and coming in from side was a problem with both sides, and is prevelant in most games nowadays.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... ijDxC9Y2Dg
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TopPoster wrote:

Sure them FIRFU-BOI cnuts have wee joey, Carty and Ed Byrne (or is that the Mock the Week panellist dude...) so they don’t need to worry about Paddy playing in green anymore so at least let us have him back home. I doubt anyone cares if he plays for them again and I doubt he would give a flyers either as long as he was home in Belfast and Ravenhill where he belongs.

#StRuanPaddyWeeStuExiledByFIRFUCnuts
#BringThemHome
Agreed. No one cares anymore. There will not be protests if he returns and he will be able to go to the cinema of his choice.

Unfortunately our publicity hungry CEO is saying vague BS and won't address it. It sounds like a no from him. When's his next big interview?

#dictator