Jack McGrath

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

LeinsterLad
Novice

Re: Jack McGrath

Post by LeinsterLad » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:39 pm

Shan wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Slowly but shirley Ulster is re-absorbing the other 23 counties ... :duck:
Well Dublin anyway which ye are welcome to. Indeed ye can have Dublin, Louth, Meath, Longford, Carlow, Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon. We'll keep all the decent counties and move the capital to Cork.
Mate, you come from the biggest sh*t hole in Ireland, would you give it up.

Re Jack, excellent signing for Ulster and I think it will re-ignite his career, definitely plateaued at Leinster, I'm not sure how much of his falling behind Ed Byrne is down to that versus knowing he was already out the door. Dooley has also been a superb prospect but injury record has held him back, but if he rediscovers his form of old I think we'll be fine at loose head.

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:50 pm

LeinsterLad wrote:
Shan wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Slowly but shirley Ulster is re-absorbing the other 23 counties ... :duck:
Well Dublin anyway which ye are welcome to. Indeed ye can have Dublin, Louth, Meath, Longford, Carlow, Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon. We'll keep all the decent counties and move the capital to Cork.
>TANGRY v :mexican: big fight :cheers:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:43 pm

big mervyn wrote:
LeinsterLad wrote:
Shan wrote:
>TANGRY v :mexican: big fight :cheers:
Get Bill Clinton over, they'll never sort it themselves.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:42 pm

LeinsterLad wrote: Mate, you come from the biggest sh*t hole in Ireland, would you give it up.
:lol: :lol:

You've probably never been outside the pale, mate. Take a trip down to my beautiful banner county and then tell me again if it's a sh1thole, never mind the biggest one on the island.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Look how cold the bluenoses are about their own player...mon up Jack. Welcome home, son.Image

jean valjean
Warrior Assassin

Post by jean valjean » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:54 pm

Dave wrote:Look how cold the bluenoses are about their own player...mon up Jack. Welcome home, son.Image
You know we are heading in the right direction when Ulster start getting slagged off in the press. D'arcy the latest to have a pop today at our non producing academy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Non-producing? Where did Stockdale, Baloucoune and Lowry come from?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999

jean valjean
Warrior Assassin

Post by jean valjean » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Jackie Brown wrote:Non-producing? Where did Stockdale, Baloucoune and Lowry come from?

It only counts in those positions where leinster have 2 internationals blocking talent.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 pm

jean valjean wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Non-producing? Where did Stockdale, Baloucoune and Lowry come from?

It only counts in those positions where leinster have 2 internationals blocking talent.

Plus, even when players were rejected by the Leinster academy and subsequently developed in the Ulster Academy, Leinster get all the credit.

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Two key scrum penalties in Saturdays game, the scrum after the McCloskey rip which gave Leinster 3 points and the scrum penalty in the corner after Stockdales slip which gave Leinster an out from their own line.

Hopefully McGrath can turn those pens around next season.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

Lurgan Lad
Steward

Post by Lurgan Lad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:25 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:Two key scrum penalties in Saturdays game, the scrum after the McCloskey rip which gave Leinster 3 points and the scrum penalty in the corner after Stockdales slip which gave Leinster an out from their own line.

Hopefully McGrath can turn those pens around next season.
Totally agree 9, even after all these years the set pieces can still be critical and to me ultimately made the difference in the match. Anyone got an opinion on our hookers and which ones are the best scrummagers, would be interested to know?