Jack McGrath

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Jack McGrath

Post by Big-al »

Ulster could have 3 lions in the tight 5 + a Walkaby lock and Irish TH prop.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I didn't have much hope for Marty when he signed given his record with Wasps. It's amazing what a change of scenery can do for a player. The squad could do with an injection of experience.

I remember when every commentators fav stat was that we had no international props.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Dave wrote:I didn't have much hope for Marty when he signed given his record with Wasps. It's amazing what a change of scenery can do for a player.
+1 He's been a revelation for us. I'd say hes now ahead of Andrew Porter and Finlay Bealham in the national pecking order - whether Joe sees it that way is another matter.

I think few would argue if I were to say he's been the most important of our signings over the close season. We definitely wouldn't have qualified out of the group and we also wouldn't be looking at a run-in for the playoffs.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

This is great for Jack and Ulster.

All of a sudden the Ulster pack is looking more and more solid. Now yiz only have to worry about yer backs although getting Marshall back is fecking massive, especially if he can regain his classy best form. Yer a bit light at full back. Maybe ye should try to encourage Rob K to come up. With him being from Louth, Nordland would feel like home. :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Shan wrote:This is great for Jack and Ulster.

All of a sudden the Ulster pack is looking more and more solid. Now yiz only have to worry about yer backs although getting Marshall back is fecking massive, especially if he can regain his classy best form. Yer a bit light at full back. Maybe ye should try to encourage Rob K to come up. With him being from Louth, Nordland would feel like home. :D :D
We'll take Farrell back please, >EW that'll allow us to play Faddes, Ludik or Addison at full back next season.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:This is great for Jack and Ulster.

We have the best backline in the EU sure!

According to reliable sauces, we have signed Matt Faddes from the Highlanders. We can cover the back three.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Amiga500 wrote:I have to admit, while this could potentially go very well... it also could potentially fall apart.

He hasn't been in form for a long time - injury related? (by that I mean, permanent ceiling on performance-injury related)
He is coming here as he isn't confident of becoming number 1 beating out a 31 year old Healy (and more recently Byrne & Dooley) for the spot.

Eric O'Sullivan is going great and developing all the time. Across this season, in terms of form - EOS is the starter. How will that go down? Will the head drop?

I assume the IRFU are footing the bill as its still a central contract so Ulster are financially OK and in theory we have greatly improved strength in a problem position. In practice, it may not quite work out like that.
An out of form Jack McGrath is better than most players we've had tog out at #1 in the past number of years.

We'll have McGrath and O'Sullivan at #1, either one of which can start any game and we'll not be worried about it. A long time since we've been able to say that.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Assume duration of stay at present will be for the remainder of his central contract.

His move here will be to put himself in a position to have his central contract renewed, it was never going to be renewed if he was continuing to be second choice at Leinster.

He may even think the coaching is better up here, with Fogarty moving to the Ireland setup he may just be thinking McFarland can teach him a new trick or two.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The paranoia on Leinsterfans regarding the IRFU is brilliant.

Come back to us when the IRFU;
Turf your best player and Ulster through and through scrumhalf yet allow other provinces to keep theirs.
Tell you to go fish when looking for injury cover
Sack two of your home grown stars after they are found innocent in a court of law
Force Les Kiss on you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Slowly but shirley Ulster is re-absorbing the other 23 counties ... :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Slowly but shirley Ulster is re-absorbing the other 23 counties ... :duck:
:thumleft:
It's the obvious solution to the current political impasse at Westminster.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Jesus, this is great for Ulster , now two class loose heads. I don’t care if they are from down the road, or from the Veldt, they will give it 100%+ that’s a given.

Can there be anymore good news.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Was Jack not getting enough gametime at Leinster? Fantastic signing. Seems to be more movement within Ireland of players than ever before. Any decent forwards from our academy coming through?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

againstthehead wrote:Was Jack not getting enough gametime at Leinster? Fantastic signing. Seems to be more movement within Ireland of players than ever before. Any decent forwards from our academy coming through?
The message from the IRFU seems to be if you are not first choice for your province do not expect to be selected for Ireland. Kilcoyne picked ahead of him in 6 Nations.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Slowly but shirley Ulster is re-absorbing the other 23 counties ... :duck:
Well Dublin anyway which ye are welcome to. Indeed ye can have Dublin, Louth, Meath, Longford, Carlow, Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon. We'll keep all the decent counties and move the capital to Cork.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.