The Playoffs

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: The Playoffs

Post by Tender »

We even got our own seats in the Mem. Like you say, the discount helps with the ticketbasturd extortion.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote:Painless process on ticketmaster for once. £44.50 inc fees for 2 Prom tickets.
Kept crashing on me, but got there in the end. Same price as above, but for east Terrace
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:So Treviso have their destiny in their hands. A BP win locks it, a standard win would mean Edinburgh would need a BP win to overhaul them. If Treviso slip up, Edinburgh/Scarlets could get 3rd.

The Euro playoff and 19th spot in Heineken Cup will be the winner of the Cardiff Blues/Ospreys game in R21 hosting Treviso/Edinburgh/Scarlets. Scarlets likely to get BP win v Dragons and get to 55, Edinburgh would need a BP win to stay above them.

Treviso and Scarlets play at 3pm in R21, Edinburgh at 7:35pm.

As for the 20th spot, currently both La Rochelle and Sale in PP are outside the automatic spots in their leagues, but that changes on a weekly basis. They play each other in SF, so likely who wins that get the spot.

The league has not announced their plan for the extra spot criteria, but given it may not be known until end of May if La Rochelle get into top 6 of T14, then I suggest the loser of the Euro playoff gets the 20th spot. Simples!Image
La Rochelle and Sale both now in qualifying positions.

Correct ne if I'm wrong Neil, but as things stand, the winner of the Heineken Cup final now earns an extra place for their domestic league?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Just got an e-mail from Glasgow saying they are playing the semi at their ground with a capacity of 10000. Season ticket holders can buy their tickets now! Isn't there a minimum capacity and shouldn't Ulster get a % (25%)?

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

The Playoffs

Post by Neill_M »

waggonsroll wrote:Just got an e-mail from Glasgow saying they are playing the semi at their ground with a capacity of 10000. Season ticket holders can buy their tickets now! Isn't there a minimum capacity and shouldn't Ulster get a % (25%)?

Yup it’s 25%. No minimum capacity in SF.
Last edited by Neill_M on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

waggonsroll wrote:Just got an e-mail from Glasgow saying they are playing the semi at their ground with a capacity of 10000. Season ticket holders can buy their tickets now! Isn't there a minimum capacity and shouldn't Ulster get a % (25%)?

Ulster played them in the sf at Scotstoun in 2015 (att 10,000). Ulster will definitely get 25% of the tkts. I think the min capacity applys to the final in the Pro14?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote:

Ulster played them in the sf at Scotstoun in 2015 (att 10,000). Ulster will definitely get 25% of the tkts. I think the min capacity applys to the final in the Pro14?
18k I think but they now have the final at pre-announced venues etc
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote:
Neill_M wrote:So Treviso have their destiny in their hands. A BP win locks it, a standard win would mean Edinburgh would need a BP win to overhaul them. If Treviso slip up, Edinburgh/Scarlets could get 3rd.

The Euro playoff and 19th spot in Heineken Cup will be the winner of the Cardiff Blues/Ospreys game in R21 hosting Treviso/Edinburgh/Scarlets. Scarlets likely to get BP win v Dragons and get to 55, Edinburgh would need a BP win to stay above them.

Treviso and Scarlets play at 3pm in R21, Edinburgh at 7:35pm.

As for the 20th spot, currently both La Rochelle and Sale in PP are outside the automatic spots in their leagues, but that changes on a weekly basis. They play each other in SF, so likely who wins that get the spot.

The league has not announced their plan for the extra spot criteria, but given it may not be known until end of May if La Rochelle get into top 6 of T14, then I suggest the loser of the Euro playoff gets the 20th spot. Simples!Image
La Rochelle and Sale both now in qualifying positions.

Correct ne if I'm wrong Neil, but as things stand, the winner of the Heineken Cup final now earns an extra place for their domestic league?
So if none of the Challenge sides need the spot (Quins also a factor there), then goes to league of the winner of the Heineken. Now it has not been confirmed whether it would be the loser of the Euro playoff (Ospreys/Scarlets) or the best non-qualified side Cardiff Blues.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Seem to remember we were pinning some of our hopes last year on an unlikely sequence of results that would have ensured 8 qualifiers from the Pro14. It was even more complicated with Cheetahs occupying one of the spots. Seems much more likely this year.
Big Neville Southall
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Is next years conferences based on league positions before play offs then?

If so the only change is Ospreys for Scarlets?

Conference 1

Munster
Glasgow
Connacht
Scarlets
Cardiff
Cheetahs
Zebra

Conference 2

Leinster
Ulster
Treviso
Edinburgh
Ospreys
Dragons
Southern Kings
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

pip14 wrote:Is next years conferences based on league positions before play offs then?

If so the only change is Ospreys for Scarlets?

Conference 1

Munster
Glasgow
Connacht
Scarlets
Cardiff
Cheetahs
Zebra

Conference 2

Leinster
Ulster
Treviso
Edinburgh
Ospreys
Dragons
Southern Kings
That is my understanding, but nothing official from the league. Based on press reports.

The league are trying to work out how they would distribute a bonus Heineken spot!
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Neill_M wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

18k I think but they now have the final at pre-announced venues etc
Sorry I should have said that the game is scheduled for the Friday night. KO 1935. Might be a wise move for those who can go if we beat the Westies to book some cancelable accommodation. Shocked to see that a car+ 4 is over £400 with Stena. Might be better to get the bus at £47 rtn.

SDK
Novice

Post by SDK »

Have a look at the link below

https://www.stenaline.co.uk/shortstay
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I've been looking at the boats. Pity there's not a late night sailing. I've been thinking if we got to the final I don't want to spend a night in Glasgow.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

SDK wrote:Have a look at the link below

https://www.stenaline.co.uk/shortstay
Thanks for that