#boibegin

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: #boibegin

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
John_e_boy wrote:Obviously we'll agree to disagree on the situation. Given the recent Folau and Vunipola cases, it's obvious employers have certain limits when it comes to the off-field actions of their employees. Especially so when said employees are in the public eye.

I understand the IRFU's actions, as I do those of Rugby Australia and the RFU. It's the flipside of the social media age.
Folau said all gays will burn in hell
Vunipola said women exist to have sex with men
Lawes comments seem to have been ignored
A Tongan this morning has said similar to Folau

Paddy and Stuart specifically did what John E?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Crucially they also made those comments in a public forum.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

John_e_boy wrote:Russ,

I've answered that question already. You may choose to believe their actions didn't bring the IRFU and Ulster Rugby into serious disrepute - and that is your choice of course - but I think their position was untenable conviction or no conviction.
You keep saying actions but cant specify what actions

To me the actions were

1. Police launched an investigation
2. Police reviewed evidence, found no need to continue
3. PPS decided to continue case
4. PPS brought it to trial
5. Jury found Paddy and Stu remained innocent

You can see above, of those 5 key actions not one of those was undertaken by Paddy and Stu

Then we had Bank of Ireland and Vodafone saying if Paddy and Stu return they'll pull sponsorship

Bye bye good riddance for me
Dead employees
Ruined housing market
Huge bonuses

"We invest in grass roots rugby" but we'll end careers one way or another as we see fit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

This is typical of the online responses that I have read over the last 18 months. People form quite definitive opinions based on differing sources, some not so credible, aided and abetted with a fair amount of emotional reasoning. The result is that views formed are based on vague information or downright misinformation. Often when those assumptions are challenges there does not appear to be any substance to the claims made.

John, if you could detail what specifically has led you to conclude that the position of the two gentlemen, was or is, untenable. That would be great.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Don’t be like John
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What actions, did they send themselves to court on false allegations?

I would say the incompetent work of the PSNI and PPS brought the IRFU into disrepute, alongside a media industry that is fighting for its survival using sleeze and hyperbole as its main means of generating ad revenue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well I will continue (for at least one season more) to try and wear to matches my Ulster Rugby tops that either do not have Bank of Ireland on them or find the time pre match to have black sticky tape put over the words Bank of Ireland. What will I achieve? Nothing really I suppose and for that I know who I blame on what is now officially DAY 4470.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I've answered that question already. You may choose to believe their actions didn't bring the IRFU and Ulster Rugby into serious disrepute - and that is your choice of course - but I think their position was untenable conviction or no conviction.
is drink driving ( second offence) convicted okay , personally i think a verdict should have an implication on decision making, but public opinion now rules above the law in UK
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Or what about a rugby player who assaulted a female police officer, in which she was left with red marks and bruising. He also swore at her but that's ok. He didn't make a benign comment on a private group chat.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I am still of the opinion BOI just jumped on the band wagon after the decision had been made to try and reap some publicity for their misfortune .

Granted the CHAIR of the BOI is a female and therefore COULD be the sort that wants to appear dynamic.

The concept that an employees private actions and statements in a social non work environment reflect those of his employer is stretched to its limit and beyond .

It is based upon the concept that the public are morons which has as it foundation the media’s habit of appealing to the lowest semi intelligent viewer or reader . Think ITV — Sun — Mirror Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote:

is drink driving ( second offence) convicted okay , personally i think a verdict should have an implication on decision making, but public opinion now rules above the law in UK
It was the ludicrous decision by the PPS and subsequent witch hunt that brought what should have remained an entirely private matter to the attention of the public and caused UR and their sponsors some embarrassment. The lads did nothing which in normal circumstances would have ever seen the light of day.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

rumncoke wrote: Granted the CHAIR of the BOI is a female and therefore COULD be the sort that wants to appear dynamic.
Wtaf does this even mean rum?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Is this the new substitute for Flegs'n'Athums?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Apart from the very occasional troll, this isn't divisive like flegs or anfums.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So Johnboy, did they bring the game into disrepute by having sex with a consenting female, as evidenced by the only eye witness?
Or was it the private (encrypted ) Wassapp message which Paddy replied to?

Do tell us which of these offended the BOI and IRFU? Or did their actions offend you in some way?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

If only they were two turnips they would still be playing for the Province they love.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999