#boibegin

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: #boibegin

Post by Tender »

And we’d forgive him for that. Who amongst us hasn’t lost their cool with Beagle?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Remember when 'hundreds' (looked like under 50 to anyone but the journalists in attendance) of protestors showed up at our Ravenhill, and they listened to them rather than the thousands who actually contribute to making Ulster what it is today.

Never move on.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Must be honest I don't really know what 'Never move on' fully entails? I get a hatred for BOI and never using them, a hatred of parts of the IRFU, but what exactly are you trying to achieve that will make your life better?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's about not accepting an injustice.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Another thread for some whinging was badly needed.

I've got a pain my toe. I'm not certain if the root cause is that I banged it off the door or that somehow BOI is responsible.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Another thread for some whinging was badly needed.

I've got a pain my toe. I'm not certain if the root cause is that I banged it off the door or that somehow BOI is responsible.
The thread is in direct relation to the cringe inducing BOIbegins campaign supported by Rory and Jacob among others

I'm saddened corporate interests override the will of the supporters

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Shan wrote:Another thread for some whinging was badly needed.

It's ok Shan, you're not a real Ulster fan Image
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Dave wrote:It's about not accepting an injustice.
OK, what does the end goal look like? I'm not convinced posting on an Ulster supporters forum is the way to achieve anything?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lurgan Lad wrote:
Dave wrote:It's about not accepting an injustice.
OK, what does the end goal look like? I'm not convinced posting on an Ulster supporters forum is the way to achieve anything?
I know I can't change anything on here but it is about staying true to my principles. This is just a vehicle for doing that.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

As vehicles go, it’s more Nissan Leaf than Jeep Trackhawk but acknowledging the wrongs and not simply shrugging one’s shoulders and allowing these greedy barstewards to wrongly sit in moral judgment, while they pretend to be whiter than white, is the right thing to do. We don’t expect some soft southern fecker to understand.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bring them home

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Success notwithstanding, this season renains tainted.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tender wrote:As vehicles go, it’s more Nissan Leaf than Jeep Trackhawk but acknowledging the wrongs and not simply shrugging one’s shoulders and allowing these greedy barstewards to wrongly sit in moral judgment, while they pretend to be whiter than white, is the right thing to do. We don’t expect some soft southern fecker to understand.
+1
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

John, if you could detail what specifically has led you to conclude that the position of the two gentlemen, was or is, untenable. That would be great.

Rape is a crime for which many legal systems around the world simply aren't fit for the purpose. Only a couple of weeks ago we had some judge in England stating that it is a fundamental right for a man to have sex with his wife, even if (as in this case) she can be proven to have the mental age of a child. There is so much vitriol poured on victims, their lives and actions are taken apart in public during the proceedings and the victim is further humiliated in many cases. Such cases are toxic for all of those involved, most especially the organisations represented by the plaintiffs and defendants.

So the 2 players found themselves in court on very serious charges. At this point they have already brought their employer into serious disrepute, as the subsequent media frenzy showed. Yes, we know that the media anno 2018/2019 is not exactly a paragon of virtue, more likely a den of ill-repute and sensationalism, but it is in this climate that the IRFU and Ulster Rugby find themselves trying to promote a brand of rugby that is inclusive and family-friendly.

During the case, the plaintiff and defendants' characters and actions were brought into the public eye in fine detail, as were the digital communications between the players and friend after the events. Congratulating eachother on more conquests, top shaggers and all that triumphalism concerning what they may or may not have done with this woman. Not exactly the kind of image you want as employer splashed over the papers, is it? We're still not talking about a verdict here, we're talking about ongoing proceedings and public image.

I say at this point we've already crossed the Rubicon, regardless of the eventual verdict. The IRFU and UR have a decision to make concerning their employees. And yes, it sucks to high heaven but both organisations have major sponsors who also have their own public image to uphold and have an amount of leverage within the IRFU and UR when it comes to policy decisions.

That's why I said, and I repeat, that I understand the actions of the IRFU and UR. I'm not agreeing, I'm understanding why.

That is not to say I think Irish banks are paragons of virtue or have a been a force for good - FFS they've ruined the Irish economy for 2 generations to come. I'm not saying that I believe players found innocent in a court of law have no right to further employment in their profession and neither am I saying that we should get involved in ridiculous whatiffery or start comparing one player's off-field actions to another's.

I will say this though, I feel exceedingly sorry for the wee lass concerned and what happened to her. They players, sadly missed as players of their quality are, have new lives in the south of France, playing the game they love and are being remunerated very well.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Fwiw, my firm is the major sponsor of a decent English team and it costs us a 5 figure sum per annum.

We've banged on repeatedly about sharing the same values etc.

I really hope we're never put in the same position as the BOI.