#boibegin

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: #boibegin

Post by big mervyn »

John_e_boy wrote:John, if you could detail what specifically has led you to conclude that the position of the two gentlemen, was or is, untenable. That would be great.
So the 2 players found themselves in court on very serious charges. At this point they have already brought their employer into serious disrepute, as the subsequent media frenzy showed.
Given Tha they were found wholly and unanimously not guilty of those charges I find that statement incredulous. The only people who have brought the name of UR into disrepute are those who brought those charges to court.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

justinr73 wrote:Fwiw, my firm is the major sponsor of a decent English team and it costs us a 5 figure sum per annum.

We've banged on repeatedly about sharing the same values etc.

I really hope we're never put in the same position as the BOI.
My issue here currently is that BOI put pressure on IRFU to sack 2 players yet now have launched a PR campaign about how they are invested in youth Irish rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Fwiw, my firm is the major sponsor of a decent English team and it costs us a 5 figure sum per annum.

My issue here currently is that BOI put pressure on IRFU to sack 2 players yet now have launched a PR campaign about how they are invested in youth Irish rugby

Irish rugby doesn't need the BOI, there is a queue a mile long ready to throw money at sponsorship :thumright:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
John_e_boy wrote:John, if you could detail what specifically has led you to conclude that the position of the two gentlemen, was or is, untenable. That would be great.
So the 2 players found themselves in court on very serious charges. At this point they have already brought their employer into serious disrepute, as the subsequent media frenzy showed.
Given Tha they were found wholly and unanimously not guilty of those charges I find that statement incredulous. The only people who have brought the name of UR into disrepute are those who brought those charges to court.
I was baffled by this. They brought their
employers into disrepute because of unfounded charges issued against them?

The bottom line is they were not sacked. Just deemed bad for business by a morally corrupt organisation.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Russ wrote:

Irish rugby doesn't need the BOI, there is a queue a mile long ready to throw money at sponsorship :thumright:
So just because you sponsor a team means you can

1. Influence contractual discussions
2. Turn around and say "we support youth rugby" except dont be accused of anything or we'll end your career

Feck off BOI

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Russ wrote:

So just because you sponsor a team means you can

1. Influence contractual discussions
2. Turn around and say "we support youth rugby" except dont be accused of anything or we'll end your career

Feck off BOI

In a nutshell that's it. Pretty depressing.

If the IRFU had a choice between BOI and a company of much higher moral standing both offering the same financial sponsorship I'd HOPE they wouldn't have BOI on our shirts.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Back BOI and the IRFU on this still. Makes it a lot easier to support Ulster with a clearer conscience.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

therealspratt wrote:Back BOI and the IRFU on this still. Makes it a lot easier to support Ulster with a clearer conscience.
It would be a lot easier supporting Ulster if sanctimonious bellends like you didn’t pipe up and look down your nose at two young mens lives who’ve been destroyed by the morality police.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:Back BOI and the IRFU on this still. Makes it a lot easier to support Ulster with a clearer conscience.
How does sit with your conscience to support players who completely disagree with your moral outrage?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'm really saddened that some of our supporters put corporate greed over the welfare of our players

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

222toHounslow wrote:
It would be a lot easier supporting Ulster if sanctimonious bellends like you didn’t pipe up and look down your nose at two young mens lives who’ve been destroyed by the morality police.
Nice one Hounslow :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Specifically what actions though?
Nah fam. Logan felt bad innit

Slogan must have similar views to Folau. He had a moral objection to fornication and drunkenness.
Logan didnt actually have a moral objection to fornication, was he not a fornicator himself ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Specifically what actions though?
Nah fam. Logan felt bad innit

Slogan must have similar views to Folau. He had a moral objection to fornication and drunkenness.
Logan didnt actually have a moral objection to fornication, was he not a fornicator himself ?
Think I heard that. Just other people's then.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

#boibegin

Post by rumncoke »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Envy maybe ? Did he get a BJ like PJ ?

Pived ? He didn’t get an invite !!

Maybe his was all roast and no spit - mutton in stead of Lamb
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh