#boibegin

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11304
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: #boibegin

Post by big mervyn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:36 am

John_e_boy wrote:John, if you could detail what specifically has led you to conclude that the position of the two gentlemen, was or is, untenable. That would be great.
So the 2 players found themselves in court on very serious charges. At this point they have already brought their employer into serious disrepute, as the subsequent media frenzy showed.
.
Given Tha they were found wholly and unanimously not guilty of those charges I find that statement incredulous. The only people who have brought the name of UR into disrepute are those who brought those charges to court.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: #boibegin

Post by Russ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:39 am

justinr73 wrote:Fwiw, my firm is the major sponsor of a decent English team and it costs us a 5 figure sum per annum.

We've banged on repeatedly about sharing the same values etc.

I really hope we're never put in the same position as the BOI.
My issue here currently is that BOI put pressure on IRFU to sack 2 players yet now have launched a PR campaign about how they are invested in youth Irish rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4033
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: #boibegin

Post by UlsterNo9 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:03 am

Russ wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Fwiw, my firm is the major sponsor of a decent English team and it costs us a 5 figure sum per annum.

We've banged on repeatedly about sharing the same values etc.

I really hope we're never put in the same position as the BOI.
My issue here currently is that BOI put pressure on IRFU to sack 2 players yet now have launched a PR campaign about how they are invested in youth Irish rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Irish rugby doesn't need the BOI, there is a queue a mile long ready to throw money at sponsorship :thumright:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: #boibegin

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:17 am

big mervyn wrote:
John_e_boy wrote:John, if you could detail what specifically has led you to conclude that the position of the two gentlemen, was or is, untenable. That would be great.
So the 2 players found themselves in court on very serious charges. At this point they have already brought their employer into serious disrepute, as the subsequent media frenzy showed.
.
Given Tha they were found wholly and unanimously not guilty of those charges I find that statement incredulous. The only people who have brought the name of UR into disrepute are those who brought those charges to court.
I was baffled by this. They brought their
employers into disrepute because of unfounded charges issued against them?

The bottom line is they were not sacked. Just deemed bad for business by a morally corrupt organisation.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: #boibegin

Post by Russ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:22 am

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Russ wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Fwiw, my firm is the major sponsor of a decent English team and it costs us a 5 figure sum per annum.

We've banged on repeatedly about sharing the same values etc.

I really hope we're never put in the same position as the BOI.
My issue here currently is that BOI put pressure on IRFU to sack 2 players yet now have launched a PR campaign about how they are invested in youth Irish rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Irish rugby doesn't need the BOI, there is a queue a mile long ready to throw money at sponsorship :thumright:
So just because you sponsor a team means you can

1. Influence contractual discussions
2. Turn around and say "we support youth rugby" except dont be accused of anything or we'll end your career

Feck off BOI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4033
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: #boibegin

Post by UlsterNo9 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:48 am

Russ wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Russ wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Fwiw, my firm is the major sponsor of a decent English team and it costs us a 5 figure sum per annum.

We've banged on repeatedly about sharing the same values etc.

I really hope we're never put in the same position as the BOI.
My issue here currently is that BOI put pressure on IRFU to sack 2 players yet now have launched a PR campaign about how they are invested in youth Irish rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Irish rugby doesn't need the BOI, there is a queue a mile long ready to throw money at sponsorship :thumright:
So just because you sponsor a team means you can

1. Influence contractual discussions
2. Turn around and say "we support youth rugby" except dont be accused of anything or we'll end your career

Feck off BOI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
In a nutshell that's it. Pretty depressing.

If the IRFU had a choice between BOI and a company of much higher moral standing both offering the same financial sponsorship I'd HOPE they wouldn't have BOI on our shirts.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: #boibegin

Post by therealspratt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Back BOI and the IRFU on this still. Makes it a lot easier to support Ulster with a clearer conscience.

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: #boibegin

Post by 222toHounslow » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:48 pm

therealspratt wrote:Back BOI and the IRFU on this still. Makes it a lot easier to support Ulster with a clearer conscience.
It would be a lot easier supporting Ulster if sanctimonious bellends like you didn’t pipe up and look down your nose at two young mens lives who’ve been destroyed by the morality police.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: #boibegin

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:07 pm

therealspratt wrote:Back BOI and the IRFU on this still. Makes it a lot easier to support Ulster with a clearer conscience.
How does sit with your conscience to support players who completely disagree with your moral outrage?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: #boibegin

Post by Russ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm really saddened that some of our supporters put corporate greed over the welfare of our players



Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11304
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: #boibegin

Post by big mervyn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:24 pm

222toHounslow wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Back BOI and the IRFU on this still. Makes it a lot easier to support Ulster with a clearer conscience.
It would be a lot easier supporting Ulster if sanctimonious bellends like you didn’t pipe up and look down your nose at two young mens lives who’ve been destroyed by the morality police.
Nice one Hounslow :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40135
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: #boibegin

Post by Rooster » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Specifically what actions though?
Nah fam. Logan felt bad innit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Slogan must have similar views to Folau. He had a moral objection to fornication and drunkenness.
Logan didnt actually have a moral objection to fornication, was he not a fornicator himself ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: #boibegin

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:59 pm

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Specifically what actions though?
Nah fam. Logan felt bad innit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Slogan must have similar views to Folau. He had a moral objection to fornication and drunkenness.
Logan didnt actually have a moral objection to fornication, was he not a fornicator himself ?
Think I heard that. Just other people's then.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

#boibegin

Post by rumncoke » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:18 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Envy maybe ? Did he get a BJ like PJ ?

Pived ? He didn’t get an invite !!

Maybe his was all roast and no spit - mutton in stead of Lamb
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: #boibegin

Post by Russ » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:32 pm

rumncoke wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Envy maybe ? Did he get a BJ like PJ ?

Pived ? He didn’t get an invite !!

Maybe his was all roast and no spit - mutton in stead of Lamb
I forgot you were here

Bring them home

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Reply