Ulster Rugby and the DUP

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby and the DUP

Post by Snipe Watson »

I have no time for the DUP, but Kingspan is a facility available for hire. End of...
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I have no time to eat Allbran.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tender wrote:I have no time to eat Allbran.
Pour tighten up syrup on it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

With politics in this corner of the world being as divisive as it is, hiring the place out to any of these groups is a stupid idea. Probably a few mates in the blazers, get a good deal, wee donation maybe. The whole thing stinks.

Doesn't sit right with me, especially considering the Bible thumping that we have been subjected to by 'leaders' and players. Aligning ourselves with the DUP is probably the next logical step...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:Aligning ourselves with the DUP is probably the next logical step...

Sure we've got their logo on the front of the shirts ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Aligning ourselves with the DUP is probably the next logical step...

Sure we've got their logo on the front of the shirts ...
an yer nat lion.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
an yer nat lion.[/quote]
Is that Alster Scatch Slabber? Nelson McFu'Cwit is fluent in verbal sewage as spake by Noah in 4004 B.C. when the Giant's Causeway was built by immigrants stealing the 'jabs' of DUPEs.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:With politics in this corner of the world being as divisive as it is, hiring the place out to any of these groups is a stupid idea. Probably a few mates in the blazers, get a good deal, wee donation maybe. The whole thing stinks.

Doesn't sit right with me, especially considering the Bible thumping that we have been subjected to by 'leaders' and players. Aligning ourselves with the DUP is probably the next logical step...

Our CEO does not like things that are divisive. Unless they are actually divisive.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

big mervyn wrote:Can they refuse if the venue is available for public hire?
If venue hire proves problematic, we should diversify into something that won't cause problems.

Customised cakes!
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

And now a journalist has been shot and killed, aided by the political vacuum the DUP have created.

Good work

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Bit of a kitty post there Jackie.

The only person responsible for the murder of the innocent journalist last night was the person who pulled the trigger. >sniper

Must say, I'm surprised at some of your posts in this thread. Thought you were better than this >#
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big-al wrote:Bit of a kitty post there Jackie.

The only person responsible for the murder of the innocent journalist last night was the person who pulled the trigger. >sniper

Must say, I'm surprised at some of your posts in this thread. Thought you were better than this >#
Of course that is true, but poiticians from both sides (and across the water) have to bear some responsibility for creating the political vacuum and instability (Brexit - England's difficulties/Ireland's opportunity?) that allows this sort of nonsense to flourish.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Political instability gives these scumbags a foothold. The dissident threat is always there. Unfortunately Brexit has also been a recruitment aid for them. This is why a hard border has the potential to have a very negative impact. In addition, these people make money through smuggling so a hard border would benefit them in financial terms.

There were a lot of young people involved in the riotous behaviour last night. During the troubles the IRA would have generated participation in these activities from the youth in their community. This was used like a recruitment and selection process, in which the most psychopathic were identified to participate in further, more sinister activities. I fear the same process is taking place now. Hopefully the consequence of last night's violence will have a more sobering affect on those considering engaging in further harmful actions.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

shamalicious wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:People should stop getting offended, perhaps

There is clearly no alliances being formed anywhere, they have given the premises to both DUP and SF, if anything it will improve cross-community relations and the stigma UR has within certain sections of the community

It may also be noted only one of our current coaching team is from NI so there is no major affiliations there and our CEO is a Scot

It is also worth noting that perhaps the money is needed, so why not rent it out to whoever there is. Any additional revenue is good, I am sure

In a day where an all time great of not just Ulster and Irish rugby retires, but rugby in general, and all you lot can do is discuss the outrage you feel towards a political party and a bank...
I don't think anyone is suggesting bias towards themmuns or usuns. As jackthelad says, UR (and sport in general) should be free from political interference.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown is

And I agree, but what is the interference here? Are DUP/SF making decisions now? Was there any notice of these events on the UR website or social media?

Time for some people to stop getting offended over nothing, methinks
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

big mervyn wrote:
Big-al wrote:Bit of a kitty post there Jackie.

Of course that is true, but poiticians from both sides (and across the water) have to bear some responsibility for creating the political vacuum and instability (Brexit - England's difficulties/Ireland's opportunity?) that allows this sort of nonsense to flourish.
According to JB it's all DUP's fault, I thought