Lyra McKee

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lyra McKee

Post by Dave »

nonplussed wrote:All we can hope for is a huge two fingers from the electorate to the DUPs and Shinners.... I won't hold my breath

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
I think it would be interesting if we were to go back to the polls. The feedback from those going door to door for the local council elections, seems to be that people are very angry about the lack of progress. Previously that would always seem to further polarise the electorate but since the anger you would think it might create a change in mindset. Like you say, I can't see it. Unfortunately it will take a few generations for the sheeple here in NI to understand they need to think differently.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

nonplussed wrote:All we can hope for is a huge two fingers from the electorate to the DUPs and Shinners.... I won't hold my breath

Strangely I was discussing this with a neighbour yesterday who normally gets a visitation from the local SF rep, I get one from the DUP, they stick strictly to their own side of religion, we have however had our SDLP and UUP reps round and they visit both sides round here, respectably asking for your 1 or 2 preference.
We were wondering if it is significant that SF and DUP have stayed away from what is a generally very mixed and open minded area as they dont want the hassle and being told where to go ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The Shinners have been quite active in our socially mixed S Belfast suburb. All nicely suited and booted to appeal to the garden centre moderate anti Brexiteers
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:The Shinners have been quite active in our socially mixed S Belfast suburb. All nicely suited and booted to appeal to the garden centre moderate anti Brexiteers
The Shinner standing in our area is not even well liked by the locals, going to be interesting where his votes go, or will they abstain, his opposition for the nomination is a decent lad and there was surprise in the party choice, perhaps he was seen as too moderate ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy how fng wrong you are"
Listen up fûcko, at a tough count this is the 1287th time I've pulled you on some outrageous bullshit only for you to row back on what you said, going on to say what you didn't write but say you meant.

LOOK.... it doesn't wash. What part of "the Dissident Ra ,are known but tolerated by the majority the local population" does your follow up even remotely clarify. It's a carelessly false characterisation of the truth, to wit, a despicable lie and you my friend are a cùnt for distributing such heinous casual lies.

More importantly, I'm fūcking sick of this sort of tom kite, yet find it hard to ignite the unforgivable, so would one of you moderators do the right thing and ban my alter ego permanently, for I'm certainly never signing up another one and would consider it a great kindness.

I'm happy to leave calling a cûnt a bästarding fückdog, and though doubtless you'll delete the post, I'm happy never to trouble you again. I'll simply seeth quietly when I see drivel from a lying cünt. Thank you and...

Goodbye
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:Fair play to Fr Martin Magill
Agreed but I fear it will make no difference to the politicians.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

A florid reply indeed, Sir.

My English teacher as yours, would have had fun parsing some of those sentences.

By the way the sentence I wrote is in the Conditional Perfect tense.

Stay on board as your normal vernacular is most welcoming.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Shan wrote:
They've already gone back to not communicating with each other. Clearly yesterday and Friday's gestures were little ploys to curry favour in the council elections. Feckers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

shamalicious wrote:
Shan wrote:
They've already gone back to not communicating with each other. Clearly yesterday and Friday's gestures were little ploys to curry favour in the council elections. Feckers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Did you think they were anything but?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:

I think it would be interesting if we were to go back to the polls. The feedback from those going door to door for the local council elections, seems to be that people are very angry about the lack of progress. Previously that would always seem to further polarise the electorate but since the anger you would think it might create a change in mindset. Like you say, I can't see it. Unfortunately it will take a few generations for the sheeple here in NI to understand they need to think differently.
Won't happen until integrated schools are mandatory, biggest flaw in GFA.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Lyra McKee

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy the majority vote SF and SF tolerate the Dissident RA -- ( SF have no other choice or they buy a Fn bullet ) they who live or lived by the gun -- know the cost -- you never retire from the IRA -- you're either active or inactive -- but you never retire -- those who try to walk away --have to run away -- the price of life is silence. a vote for SF, is a vote for the gun

You can talk about something that happen 5 - 10 years ago provided you omit everything involving the « untouchables »

The here and now — forget it without evidence it’s heresay and passport to the graveyard .

Understanding why someone votes the way they do invokes the words" forgive them for they know not what they do '

Do you think for one moment all the condemnation that has been heap on us my the media etc would have been heard if the bullet had hit a policeman instead of Lyra Mckee . ?

The public have walk this road before remember " the peace women ' six months from now some heartless sod will say " sure she won't have died if hadn't stood beside the police.

And "the boys" will back in business collecting their dues and kneecapping on demand

Baggy get off your self righteous horse and open your f'n eyes.

John Wayne is a figment of your imagination and nobody is coming to his rescue -- heroes die in this country

When SF start to lose seats I ‘ll believe the IRA are no longer tolerated .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
moyletra
Novice

Post by moyletra »

Interesting article about Londonderry and it's nationalist community's support of the IRA by Shane Paul O'Doherty, former IRA bomber

https://irishpeaceprocess.blog/2019/04/ ... a-so-well/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

moyletra wrote:Interesting article about Londonderry and it's nationalist community's support of the IRA by Shane Paul O'Doherty, former IRA bomber

https://irishpeaceprocess.blog/2019/04/ ... a-so-well/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Very interesting indeed
Rory Best