Lyra McKee

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Lyra McKee

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:It was certainly no accidental killing. Lyra McKee was researching a book on children who went missing during the troubles. They were not properly investigated at the time. Someone didn't like what she was doing. With all those people there and plenty of police, seems suspicious that only she was killed. I hoped a 100 Lyra McKees rise up following this.
I wouldnt give the f*ckwits any credence of marksmanship skills. This was some low life stars bag peering round a corner in the hope of bagging a copper. Probably some stooge set up to prove his allegiance to the cause. This indiscriminate nature is what should have ever parent in that part of Derry setting their kids down for a long hard chat.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Last edited by jean valjean on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Dave wrote:It was certainly no accidental killing. Lyra McKee was researching a book on children who went missing during the troubles. They were not properly investigated at the time. Someone didn't like what she was doing. With all those people there and plenty of police, seems suspicious that only she was killed. I hoped a 100 Lyra McKees rise up following this.
To be honest, highly unlikely. As a keen shooter somebody who is very proficient with a pistol, there is no way that was a deliberate shot at her. It takes a reasonable shot to hit a full body target at 20-25 metres never mind at the 50-60 metres they were at to be hit on the head. It was a shot aimed in the general direction of the 'meat wagons' conataining police. I'm also led to believe by a peeler who was in Derry at the time that the shot richochetted of the land rover and hit her. Doesn't take away from the fact that these people are the absolute stars of the earth. RIP.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

HammerTime wrote:
To be honest, highly unlikely. As a keen shooter somebody who is very proficient with a pistol, there is no way that was a deliberate shot at her. It takes a reasonable shot to hit a full body target at 20-25 metres never mind at the 50-60 metres they were at to be hit on the head. It was a shot aimed in the general direction of the 'meat wagons' conataining police. I'm also led to believe by a peeler who was in Derry at the time that the shot richochetted of the land rover and hit her. Doesn't take away from the fact that these people are the absolute stars of the earth. RIP.
I've seen the footage released by the police so I agree with you. The idiots wouldn't have the skill as others have said too.
Last edited by Dave on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Looks like the two yobs were lifted pretty quickly. I guess plenty of the local residents were as angry as the rest of us. Maybe someone made a discrete phone call or two.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It may also indicate that they , the Dissident Ra ,are known but tolerated by the majority the local population . The minority who want nothing to do with them are thus helpless in trying to rid their areas of the Paramilitaries.

The local leadership have thus sacrificed a couple of members to try and keep their control of the area -- it has to recognised that most of these leaders are also the crime Godfathers taking a percentage of every drug deal and major crime being committed.--punishment begin reserved for those who short change the Godfathers

Fear is their currency of choice .

A couple of members hiding behind the local youths went a step to far -- maybe the guns weren't meant to out on thursday night and they acted without orders . Make no mistake the Godfathers are still there calling the "Shots "
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:It may also indicate that they , the Dissident Ra ,are known but tolerated by the majority the local population . The minority who want nothing to do with them are thus helpless in trying to rid their areas of the Paramilitaries.
I wish mind-numbingly stupid people would just shut their idiotic yapholes so I can avoid the unpleasant duty of posting to call them out.

You Ron'n are the classic example if a dumb "only good Fenian is a dead Fenian" retard.

That paragraph us so full of bullshut about the minority you describe. They are the vast majority you dullard.

In the hope of permanent expulsion I am now breaking every rule in this forum to call you a pitiful cùnt, the dirt if cùnt who gives Northern Ireland and it's many cùnts a bad name. I sincerely hope you die soon.

Note to Father Jack: do your job.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Before I go, apologies for the wooden fingers. Can't be bothered fixing it.

Goodbye
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Watched the Ted Talk earlier that Lyra did, lovely to hear someone clear about what is best for the society we live in. Hopefully her death does lead us to a better place.
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Watched the Ted Talk earlier that Lyra did, lovely to hear someone clear about what is best for the society we live in. Hopefully her death does lead us to a better place.
Agreed, Never heard of Lyra before this tragedy but she seemed a good sort that would have had a positive influence on the future of our wee place. RIP
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Fair play to Fr Martin Magill
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Snipe Watson wrote:Fair play to Fr Martin Magill
Aul Arlene looked super uncomfortable. I'm glad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Lyra McKee

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy how fng wrong you are

I avoid starting any conversations on politics and religion —
The latter would be be less obvious but I will not be a coward in the face of evangelical agnostics and atheists who disparage the beliefs of others be they prod or catholic .

Similarly I have a
sceptical view of those who come to my door trying to sell their religion to me - as the Book says — seek and you will find — ask and you’ll be given —

In this small state nobody needs religion spoon fed to them by me or others and frequently the God some try to sell is unrecognisable.

Nor do I consider some 16 year old Swedish School girl is the saviour of the world

Unlike this place my vision of heaven is a place of «  Peace - Love- Harmony - provided by God — « where there is no creed or colour bar .

My point was that to be successful Terrorists ( IRA and loyalist )
need the support of the society in which they live — silence is obtained because some support and others fear to speak out against them — many have spoken out and paid a high price for their bravery .

For the Police it is a frustrating job — they may know those responsible — but they need evidence which will stand up in court and specific intelligence when at best 50 % is vague and the other half deliberate lies .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

shamalicious wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Fair play to Fr Martin Magill
Aul Arlene looked super uncomfortable. I'm glad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
She had a quare gunk right enough.

Great timing from the priest.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Sinn Fein would be mad to go back into government this side of Brexit.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

All we can hope for is a huge two fingers from the electorate to the DUPs and Shinners.... I won't hold my breath

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk