Ulster v Leinster Sat Apr 27th 5:15pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster v Leinster Sat Apr 27th 5:15pm

Post by jean valjean »

How many penalties before the yellow? I counted maybe 7-8.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

The amount of penalties and double penalties Leinster are giving away and only finally a yellow now is incredible. Also if someone is offside under the posts on the line how is it not a penalty try? Clandy doing us few favours.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Get McPhillips off
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Can't complain about beating Leinster, we showed a lot of heart and it probably was a 50:50 game. The point we were lucky at I thought was winning the scrum penalty in front of our posts with a couple of minutes to go.
Stewart seems to have figured out he needs protection to stop his kicks getting charged down. Next thing he needs to learn is game management, at the end he was getting the ball out of already won rucks too quickly, Clancy wasn't even close to saying use it.
Their full back looked quite good, certainly when you see all their young forwards coming through they are in a great place.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Nice win which will do wonders for training this week before the big one. Thought rea was very good and the scrum got on top after the subs. Nagle deserves a contract, he will be 5th choice next year but with injuries will likely be in several match squads. Just because we bring in frontliners doesn't mean we can afford to lose our depth.

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

very pleased with the dog shown in that game....
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

jean valjean wrote:Nice win which will do wonders for training this week before the big one. Thought rea was very good and the scrum got on top after the subs. Nagle deserves a contract, he will be 5th choice next year but with injuries will likely be in several match squads. Just because we bring in frontliners doesn't mean we can afford to lose our depth.

Couldn't agree more, get Nagle re-signed!

Fair play to Marcus Rea, was worried he was brought on to early and wouldn't have the conditioning for rest of the match. He played out of his teeth.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Can't complain about beating Leinster, we showed a lot of heart and it probably was a 50:50 game. The point we were lucky at I thought was winning the scrum penalty in front of our posts with a couple of minutes to go.
Stewart seems to have figured out he needs protection to stop his kicks getting charged down. Next thing he needs to learn is game management, at the end he was getting the ball out of already won rucks too quickly, Clancy wasn't even close to saying use it.
Their full back looked quite good, certainly when you see all their young forwards coming through they are in a great place.
Pretty sure one of his box kicks was touched,nearly charged down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Not a classic match but a great result. Once again Dans policy of fighting for every inch has come through again. Probably helped by a few Leinster men wanting to make a point.
As they say here in the North who ever sold Tomaine to Leinster must have seen them coming. For an overseas player with 17 Caps for Australia he did not count, find it hard to believe that he justifies a place ahead of a provincial academy player.
Thought our young squad did well especially in the front row where I felt they had the upper hand.
The second try at the Aquinas end came about by sheer-hard graft and determination.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The final of the Champions Cup will be good crack, with both teams 2yds offside constantly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jackie Brown wrote:The final of the Champions Cup will be good crack, with both teams 2yds offside constantly.

I'd like to see the 9 dummy pass again. Most penalties for offside are now given for the defence pre-empting the pass and shooting up before failing to retreat. I realise the game is all about quick ball now, but it is a double edged sword especially when playing off 9.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Flabbergasted at the McFadden stitch. Touch judge flagged for it. I couldn't work out what they were looking for on the big screen cos I was miles away and looking at the ruck. But if he gave a penalty then that is a red all day, all night and the next day too. People get red carded "by the letter of the law". That was blatant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Deraless wrote:Flabbergasted at the McFadden stitch. Touch judge flagged for it. I couldn't work out what they were looking for on the big screen cos I was miles away and looking at the ruck. But if he gave a penalty then that is a red all day, all night and the next day too. People get red carded "by the letter of the law". That was blatant.

He’s been cited.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

kingofthehill wrote:
Deraless wrote:Flabbergasted at the McFadden stitch. Touch judge flagged for it. I couldn't work out what they were looking for on the big screen cos I was miles away and looking at the ruck. But if he gave a penalty then that is a red all day, all night and the next day too. People get red carded "by the letter of the law". That was blatant.

He’s been cited.

Proper order. Just as well that try he scored after he should have been off didn't win them the game.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

kingofthehill wrote:

He’s been cited.

Good, didn't think they cited in Interpros. If it was a penalty it was a red, otherwise what was it a penalty for? Clanger Clancy strikes again!

Gonna Party Like It's 1999