Heineken Cup seeding.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Yoda
Initiate

Re: Heineken Cup seeding.

Post by Yoda »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Away game
Ulster: Smith; Trimble, Cave, Wallace, Danielli; O'Connor, Boss; Court, Brady, Botha, Tuohy, O'Donoghue, Ferris, Pollock, Henry.
Replacements: Willis for Boss (74), Young for Court (74), Kyriacou for Brady (64), D. Fitzpatrick for Botha (64), Caldwell for O'Donoghue (66), Anderson for Ferris (74).
Not Used: Humphreys, Nagusa.
Home game
Ulster: A D'Arcy; A Trimble, N Spence, P Wallace, S Danielli; I Humphreys, R Pienaar; T Court, N Brady, BJ Botha; J Muller (capt), D Tuohy; S Ferris, C Henry, P Wannenburg

Replacement: Faloon for Henry 56.
Not used: A Kyriacou, P McAllister, B Young, T Barker, W Faloon, P Marshall, I Whitten, D McIlwaine
Haven't you got your seasons mixed up? There were three games v Bath in 2010 - one in January and two in December. Your away team above is from the January game in the 2009/10 season and the home team is from December (2010/11).

I don't think Boss and Pienaar were ever in the squad together - Boss left when he was told Pienaar was on his way here
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Yoda wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Away game
Ulster: Smith; Trimble, Cave, Wallace, Danielli; O'Connor, Boss; Court, Brady, Botha, Tuohy, O'Donoghue, Ferris, Pollock, Henry.
Replacements: Willis for Boss (74), Young for Court (74), Kyriacou for Brady (64), D. Fitzpatrick for Botha (64), Caldwell for O'Donoghue (66), Anderson for Ferris (74).
Home game
Ulster: A D'Arcy; A Trimble, N Spence, P Wallace, S Danielli; I Humphreys, R Pienaar; T Court, N Brady, BJ Botha; J Muller (capt), D Tuohy; S Ferris, C Henry, P Wannenburg

Not used: A Kyriacou, P McAllister, B Young, T Barker, W Faloon, P Marshall, I Whitten, D McIlwaine
Haven't you got your seasons mixed up? There were three games v Bath in 2010 - one in January and two in December. Your away team above is from the January game in the 2009/10 season and the home team is from December (2010/11).

I don't think Boss and Pienaar were ever in the squad together - Boss left when he was told Pienaar was on his way here
Correct :thumleft:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's all unraveling...

I demand a refund.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Right Grumps, you got the answer correct, you get to pose the next Ulster trivia question (no googling allowed). Probably worth its own thread.
My question is simple:

Was I right in thinking there might be TWO players from that match in Bath who could potentially be involved in match day this season?

You have already confirmed that Nigel Brady is the one you were thinking of, but in another more tenuous, but technically correct way, am I right in thinking Paddy Mac might also be involved come match day next season, albeit not with Ulster?

The question was, "Only one player for Ulster from that Bath game in 2010 could still potentially be involved this season come match day. Without googling.... who is it?" You did not specify that they had to be potentially involved with Ulster, so technically, I think I'm right? You didn't have Paddy Mac in your away team, but without Googling it, can anyone say that he was or wasn't?

With that in mind, I trust everyone remembers that this coming Saturday is "Cables Day" and those of us who are so minded will be raising a glass of Famous Grouse* in memory of the great man?

I do not feel qualified to post proper quiz questions like wot he done!

* Other tipples are available, and Stanley would be the first to defend your right to raise a glass of whatever your preferred poison is - I just keep a bottle of Grouse to honour his memory.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

To clarify in reference to Ulster Bath fixture Grumpy.

Cables quiz questions were on another level. It wouldn't of mattered had you googled the answer would not be found.

A glass on Saturday will be raised.

No you're not qualified (tee hee) but I'd imagine you've at least one piece of Ulster trivia you could quiz us with to pass the summer....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Bath, Clermont, Harlequins, Ulster.

At last something on this thread that I understand.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Here's some trivia. Nigel Brady has been 'involved' in a lot of games in the last decade. Sorry, it's not really trivia is it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Is there an easier way to Clermont than the fairly lengthy train journey from Paris?

We don't do hiring cars though.
Can fly to Lyon and get a train, but hiring a car from Lyon airport to Clermont is better. Trains in France very good North to South, not so good West to East which is an issue if going from Lyon to Clermont. 2.5 hours Lyon to Clermont, 3.5 Paris to Clermont via train.
If there were enough people on the same flight to Lyon a bus transfer could be an answer instead of car hire, probably need 30+ though to make it an option.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Yoda wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Away game
Home game

Four games! Ulster v Bath friendly in August 2010 as well.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

When do we reckon the fixtures will be confirmed ?

Friday 16 August if same time as last year.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 am When do we reckon the fixtures will be confirmed ?

Friday 16 August if same time as last year.
So far all the official site says is
Further fixture information will be available in early August after the publishing of calendars for the three professional domestic leagues – Gallagher Premiership, Guinness PRO14 and TOP 14.
So if anyone gets a firm date please share it.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They are going to shortly announce the date that they're going to make the announcement..... :duh:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I understand we’re away at Quins on 13 Dec, which is a Friday.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bath away Sat 16/11 1pm, ASM home Fri 22/11 7:45pm, Quins home Sat 7/12 3:15pm, Quins away Fri 13/12 7:45pm, ASM away 11-12/1, Bath home Sat 18/1 3:15pm
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’s quiet on here Neill.

Clermont/Ulster and Racing/Munster fighting for the 1830 slot on Saturday and the 1615 slot on the Sunday.