Ulster v Connacht, Sat May 4th 2019 17:35

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

John_e_boy
Squire

Re: Ulster v Connacht, Sat May 4th 2019 17:35

Post by John_e_boy »

Couldn't watch the game due to other commitments (reffing an U16 tournament).

So do we have a chance in Glasgae or do we think the weegies will be just too strong for us at their home ground?

Seems like Benneton pushed the >TANGRY all the way in the other game
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

After the performance AT the Aviva anything is possible, pity we aren’t going to Thoond next as they seemed very takeable. On
Resent form. If Stockdale is back and possibly Ludicrous it would strengthen our team immensely. I know that Lowry is exciting to watch and brave in defence but I would feel more relaxed with Luidik at full back.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Aird wrote:After the performance AT the Aviva anything is possible, pity we aren’t going to Thoond next as they seemed very takeable. On
Resent form. If Stockdale is back and possibly Ludicrous it would strengthen our team immensely. I know that Lowry is exciting to watch and brave in defence but I would feel more relaxed with Luidik at full back.
Might see Stockdale at FB again.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:Just rewatched the game.

Marcell is an absolute beast. An unbelievable shift from him. The most carries and top tackler. Jack McGrath will have his work cut out getting in ahead of EOS. Super player. Big performance again from Hendo. Treadwell was also excellent. That offload was superb. The hit on Carty was exactly what you want from your big no. 5. Timoney owns that 6 shirt for me now. Jordi is Mr Reliable again.

The officials are not interested in offside as an offence anymore. That law is dead it seems. The backs were a bit suffocated as a result. Major downside yesterday was the lineout. It was too predictable. Glasgow will be rubbing their hands watching it.
Jack will get plenty of opportunities when Eric is on Ireland duty >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:

Marcell is an absolute beast. An unbelievable shift from him. The most carries and top tackler. Jack McGrath will have his work cut out getting in ahead of EOS. Super player. Big performance again from Hendo. Treadwell was also excellent. That offload was superb. The hit on Carty was exactly what you want from your big no. 5. Timoney owns that 6 shirt for me now. Jordi is Mr Reliable again.

The officials are not interested in offside as an offence anymore. That law is dead it seems. The backs were a bit suffocated as a result. Major downside yesterday was the lineout. It was too predictable. Glasgow will be rubbing their hands watching it.
If Jack is starting in a match, would that mean we have Eric idle on the bench?

At least until he comes off the bench?

Always look on the bright side of life ...
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

If Jack is starting in a match, would that mean we have Eric idle on the bench?

At least until he comes off the bench?

Always look on the bright side of life ...
And all because Petrie dishes contracts out
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Just noticed that brace has been included in the panel for the world cup as an AR. see as one of the top 21 in the world apparently.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

jean valjean wrote:Just noticed that brace has been included in the panel for the world cup as an AR. see as one of the top 21 in the world apparently.
Woeful decision.

Frank Murphy is ten times the referee.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

As an assistant ref Brace might — be ok — he might learn how to communicate to the players — instead of being an ego with a whistle .

An TBH there are some refs listed who make Brace seem reasonable .

The major problem the ref faces is the balance between the application of the laws and trying to keep the game flowing while ensuring player safety .

Nigel tries to achieve the balance by talking and warning to players .

Others possibly either fail to do their home — re the Laws and apply guidance as if it was universal word of a Devine being .

Similarly their a the ball watchers who forget that some game changing offences are off the ball eg

They look for the release or roll away after a tackle failing to see the defender being held on the ground or blocked .

But here’s hoping they ( the refs ) get it right 95% of the time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Not bad Rum. Some actual sentences
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Who is Devine, and what is he being? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right