Bill Johnston

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Bill Johnston

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Munster fans really rate this guy

https://www.munsterfans.com/forum/rhaps ... 18/page144
They rate everyone.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Well he was a damned good player for the u20s, much more about him than McPhillips.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gary wrote:I just wonder if Lowry will be moving elsewhere before too long. Wouldn't blame him. We'd be knocked down in the rush to sign him. Totally wasted at 15. Dan's done a great job so far, but playing a natural fly-half at full-back is mystifying. Paddy Wallace comes to mind as one who had his career knocked off the rails by a similar selection gaffe.
There is nothing to be gained from throwing a kid with a world of potential into the 10 shirt to sink or swim.
Playing 15 get's him up to speed as a team member without the intense pressure of playing 10. He'll be starting at 10 soon enough.
Billy isn't good enough, but he's a convenient stopgap for now.
d4surfer
Novice

Post by d4surfer »

I was at the A match between Leinster and Munster in Donnybrook earlier in the season. Johnson was head and shoulders the best back on the pitch. Penny really stood out as the best forward. Ulster have landed a really good player.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Snipe, apart from disagreeing that playing someone out of position is a good way to prepare him for playing in his proper position, I have to point out yet again that Lowry is OLDER than Jackson was when he played in a Heiny Cup Final and became a first team regular. Now, help me out here ...how many games did Jackson play at 15?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Dharper wrote:McPhillips I believe is coming to the end of a 2yr deal, I am unaware of a new deal, and he has hardly played this season. This may be a replacement, rather than any reflection of Lowry. ML is clearly a 10, but any first team exposure at this point is great development for him.
McPhillips is gone at the end of the season.
They also have the nod to bring in an IQ scrum half as back up to Cooney.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Sue Dename wrote:
Dharper wrote:McPhillips I believe is coming to the end of a 2yr deal, I am unaware of a new deal, and he has hardly played this season. This may be a replacement, rather than any reflection of Lowry. ML is clearly a 10, but any first team exposure at this point is great development for him.
Any names?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:
Any names?
Archie Harrison apparently.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

In passing, Ruan was in Belfast yesterday, bumped into him on a flight to Gatwick..

It’s always funny seeing him in the flesh, you forget how tall he is, he must be 6’3”

(I’m sure he’s not the potential NIQ 9 btw, but he does look in great trim still!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..one more thing
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Deraless wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:
Any names?

What a Dummy, I Googled that name.

Age thing, he is young I am old!!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

10 or 15 only wrote:
Deraless wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:
Any names?

What a Dummy, I Googled that name.

Age thing, he is young I am old!!
We've already had a ginger prince.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

The young scrum half Craig Casey at Munster was exceptional for Ireland U20 this year. Speed of thought and decision making incredible for his age. May he be drunk off Munster have decided to bring in McCarthy from Leinster and extend Alby Mattewsons contract.

Young lads at other provinces may be looking at the amount of opportunities afforded to youth by McFarland this season in big games and are thinking they may get a faster route to establishing themselves as pros here.

WeeD has had a good season this year, he has improved greatly but you do need three strong choices in every position these days.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Most improved player of the season is Wee D.

Amazing what a decent pack and some game time can do.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

UlsterNo9 wrote:The young scrum half Craig Casey at Munster was exceptional for Ireland U20 this year. Speed of thought and decision making incredible for his age. May he be drunk off Munster have decided to bring in McCarthy from Leinster and extend Alby Mattewsons contract.

Young lads at other provinces may be looking at the amount of opportunities afforded to youth by McFarland this season in big games and are thinking they may get a faster route to establishing themselves as pros here.

WeeD has had a good season this year, he has improved greatly but you do need three strong choices in every position these days.
Article in the Irish Independent I think stating Leo had been sniffing around Casey and was told to back off?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!