Faddes Confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

GUBU
Novice

Re: Faddes Confirmed

Post by GUBU »

The coaching phenomenon that was Les Kiss, the alarm bells that were sounding about our depth chart and the age profile of the squad (as admitted by Bryn Cunningham), and the fact that our then CEO may have (according to some) already decided that two of our players, one of them an established international, were to be jettisoned when the opportunity presented itself.

But look, we've signed an All Black!
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Signing CP was like sticking F1 tyres on a 1.4 fiesta & expecting it to win a GP. That 3/4 yr period of hollowing out the quality from squad, but particularly the pack was frankly a disgrace. Some of the signings were absolute 2nd class tom kite. No wonder CP lost interest, it was clearly an absolute brad pitt show. From a very low base, big strides have been taken in 12mths.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ulster’s misfortune was the loss of Coetzee for two years — and have to play with a second rate back row a mix of “passed-the sell by ” and the inexperienced with players swapping numbers every other week and a different pair centres playing every other week.
Leaked like a new born !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

And yet we got within a point of this year’s total notwithstanding the above and Les now has a trophy on his mantlepiece.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote:And yet we got within a point of this year’s total notwithstanding the above ...
One more home game last season than this - easily worth 4 points of that total, maybe even 5.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote:And yet we got within a point of this year’s total notwithstanding the above and Les now has a trophy on his mantlepiece.
You're cheeky so and so Justy, as well you know.....

Achieved this year on a smaller financial budget, we were still in decline from last years debacle until new year, two away european victories, euro QF qualification.....

Trajectory now upward rather than downward.

Players are hungry again.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Players are hungry again.
Some players were hungry last season

Rodney Ah You for one ...
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right