Ruan Pienaar

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ruan Pienaar

Post by solidarity »

His kicking from behind the scrum is peerless, both the box kick that stays in play and the long kick for touch. I thought he flailed about in a few attempted tackles but who wants him to waste his time tackling anyway! :roll:
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

On the subject of Ulster former players, I see S Olding playing at 10 was on the winning side at home to Clermont. Score 28 : 21.
d4surfer
Novice

Post by d4surfer »

GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

If only we could apply such clear-sighted and unsentimental Nuciforian policies to illegal immigration.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Surely it is time for Nucifora to move on? Is he not holding back homegrown talent? Have Ireland performed better at World Cup level during his tenure? His arguments apply fully to himself and suggest he should be dispatched asap.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

NIQ Fucifora. Step aside ballbeg.

What drunk me off, and still does, is most of the southern brethren say it was the right decision as if it was either Cooney or Ruan. Why was there never discussion about room for both.

Firstly the alleged held back IQ talent behind Ruan were never and never would ever ever be anywhere near a serious contender for international duty regardless of game time. They were barely PRO14 standard at best.

secondly, Ruan wanted to stay so that puts negotiation power in the hands of fucifora. So why not try to get a deal were he stayed in his club and home but took a backward step. Year 1 - Cooney starts all PRO14 games, Ruan bench. HC reversed. Year 2 - Cooney starts all available matches and so on.

Thirdly - especially as if they thought Cooney would get near international standard and be away for long periods we’d be left with dross at 9. Ruan would ensure quality maintained to the benefit of the province - or is that not important.

And fourthly, they must have had a fair idea the 2 top shaggers would be fecked over and Ruan could also be playing a supporting 9 and 10 role to young IQ talent replacing paddy and stu. (May have my timing wrong here but let’s not let the truth get in the way of agenda..)

There was room for both - there still is. If Cooney starts getting called up and spends periods in Irish camps and having game time managed, what do we have to fall back on at 9?? Scares me.

#FOFIRFU
#FOfuciforaNIQ
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

The situation of Ruan and Mathewson is not really comparable,Ruan was a permanent squad member whereas Mathewson was brought in as medical joker on a short term contract but was kept on by Munster even though they signed a scrum half from Leinster. He has made a career latterly as medical joker providing short term fixes for a number of clubs.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Maybe we should have signed Ruan as emergency cover then.

Anyhow the Aussie Head Honcho has had his contract extended at a time when from my understanding Ireland Has failed to reach any of its set targets in both sexes of the game.

Anywhere else might decide now is the time to re-set and start again but I suspect more of the same old same old from our dearly beloved Ireland. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kearney is still first choice 15 come next RWC.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Alongside Murray and Sexton
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

And they'll be out in the QFs again. Oh how I'll laugh.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999