L.I.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jackthelad
Warrior Chief

L.I.

Post by jackthelad »

Guinness can go f*ck themselves.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: L.I.

Post by damianmcr »

Well said Jack
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Any word on what in particular they took offence to? Or is it a resumption of the usual vague platitudes?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

You gotto love their moral high ground

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/new ... laims.html
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

To be fair LI are showing more balls and loyalty to Paddy than Ulster ever did.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Damn right, I hope they hold firm. This twatter nonsense is setting a dangerous precedent.

Where is the uproar over Haskell or Cipriani? Nordies are easy targets, especially when treated like criminals by their employers. PJ and Olding would be mad to ever be involved with IRFU kunts again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Crazy Stuff from Guinness. Why even open this argument up again. Who would have noticed or said a thing if they just kept going with London Irish? How can they let a few bitter nutters on twitter decide who they sponsor.

Having a fight to see who has the Moral high ground is a dangerous battle, especially for a drinks company. Tough on London Irish as it could scare off other sponsors. Mad decision from the boys from the Black stuff.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

These companies, just like the BOI, lack any meaningful sense of ethics in their own business methods. Bar the tokenism displayed at times. Therefore they take any opportunity to throw shade on others. This was opportunistic and calculated on their part.

Diageo are not able to articulate the reasons why they have taken an exception to Paddy's signing. They waited a month to have a problem and refused a meeting regarding this in May. This seems deliberate in that case.

Cash converters also pulled sneaky brad pitt. LI reported that they ended their sponsorship prior to Paddy's signing. It seems like they decided retrospectively to use the situation to their advantage.

The bottom line is, Paddy has a contract and this nonsense will be forgotten about in time.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Dave wrote: The bottom line is, Paddy has a contract and this nonsense will be forgotten about in time.
Hmm are you sure, Dave? If enough sponsors cut ties to risk LI going bankrupt, they might have to let Paddy go whether they want to or not.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

It's a sponsor's world. It was sponsors who threatened IRFU and ultimately got rid of PJ and SO.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote: The bottom line is, Paddy has a contract and this nonsense will be forgotten about in time.
Hmm are you sure, Dave? If enough sponsors cut ties to risk LI going bankrupt, they might have to let Paddy go whether they want to or not.

They can't break Paddy's contract. I'm sure they knew when Diageo reneged on a meeting in May that they would try this BS. LI still signed him. No word of any other sponsors pulling out. This hullabaloo will pass.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:

They can't break Paddy's contract. I'm sure they knew when Diageo reneged on a meeting in May that they would try this BS. LI still signed him. No word of any other sponsors pulling out. This hullabaloo will pass.
I certainly hope so!

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote:I
Easily the most cogent and well constructed contribution you've made on this forum - well done Rumn, do try to at least maintain this standard. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:

I certainly hope so!

When can I buy a LI shirt with a degree of confidence?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall