Irish on the 19th

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Who cares :wink:

I'm sure HWM would be there in spades for that one :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Stan d'Up
Novice

Post by Stan d'Up »

... and a trip to Ulster is a challenge?

We were, at best, not very good last season - and, apart from Meatloaf & Status Quo - London Irish will be as big as it gets at Ravin' Hill, pre-season.

Gratitude?

- I thank you!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Irish are not a bad side and threw away some of the matches last year, just like ourselves, if you look at the statistics they are similar to Saracens on points scored and conceded and I would class them as a good trial for what will be required to wipe out Sarries in the Heiney.
Rotherham though are perhaps there for the feelgood factor of stuffing a side before the league starts :?
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Rotherham though are perhaps there for the feelgood factor of stuffing a side before the league starts
Yikes .......dont tempt fate Rooster!!

Colin :twisted:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Tickets announced for the frendlies today - I notice that as well as being outside the entitlement of the season ticket they are the same price as a standard CL match. The branch is certainly getting the arm in this year.
Paul.

colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

And what if the unforgiveable happens and Rotherham beat us ........... Sorry to say but I am glad these are not counted in the season ticket price as i am going to miss the LI game.

Colin :twisted:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

If Rotherham or for that matter if Irish beat us it does not bode well for our hopes of an improvement on last year. Anyone know if there are restrictions on the players that went to Japan or has Eddie given up on the pre season joke from last year.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

No mention of conditioning camps anywhere that I can see. Let's hope that means there are none. I'd rather see all the players involved in the CL from the off. After the debacle with the WRU and the welsh clubs I doubt if they'd have the audacity to hold players back for the CL this year.
Paul.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote: After the debacle with the WRU and the welsh clubs I doubt if they'd have the audacity to hold players back for the CL this year.
Will be interesting to see how the Welsh will get round holding their own players out during their Autumn International that is out of the normal time for these games, and will they let players play 2 games in 1 week when they play the midweek CL games :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
pwrmoore wrote: After the debacle with the WRU and the welsh clubs I doubt if they'd have the audacity to hold players back for the CL this year.
Will be interesting to see how the Welsh will get round holding their own players out during their Autumn International that is out of the normal time for these games, and will they let players play 2 games in 1 week when they play the midweek CL games :roll:
They won't even see the double standard in playing the lucrative NZ test. We will be expected to pitch up at Ravenhill hand over our cash and enjoy watching their 'up-and-coming stars' in place of Mssrs Henson, Williams, Parker(?), Jones, Jones and Jones.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I would look on that game as a prime oppertunity to stick 5 points on our league total :P
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Sounds like a good plan rooster. We need a few more five pointers this year.
Paul.