Glasgow Away

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

keel
Novice

Glasgow Away

Post by keel »

Right, so I'm making a weekend of it next weekend and hitting the Glasgow Ulster game before heading over to the Ireland match.
I'm assuming Ulster didn't get an allocation for this but going from the Glasgow website it's at least a fiver cheaper to buy your ticket before hand from their website than to pay at the gate.

Is anyone else heading to it or fancies giving me direction as to what part of the ground the Ulster fans are likely to be gathering? Cheers!
Flat-top
Novice

Re: Glasgow Away

Post by Flat-top »

I will be over too Keel but after my enforced 'grounding' at Bristol before the Castres' match I think I will forsake the £5 saving on this occasion and buy at the gate.

Will be meeting up with a few others on Friday morning but as I have no idea which area of the ground they will buy tickets for I am afraid I can't advise. I would not expect more than 'one man and his dog' for this one so no doubt it would be easy enough for you to gravitate towards like minded Standing-up Fellows regardless of where you buy for!

SUFTUM
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

2 men plus 2 weemen got tickets for main stand section E SUFTUM :fleg: and I have 2 spare tickets for the Scotland v Ireland game at cost (£50.00 each ) if anyone is interested pm me please >gimmefive
General Prom
Novice

Post by General Prom »

Has anyone got a spare car slot going out Friday and back Saturday? Maybe another three hardy guys want me to drive? Failing that I think I'm on the bike again.............

Davy G. :fleg:
Oh Gawd!! I wish I was still playing Scrum Half.....
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

myself and a mix of ULster / nearly-Ulster / weegies will be standing pitchside - could be a good bet as you get to move freely round east and west. That said it's uncovered and in Glasgow there's usually a high chance of rain at any given moment.

If anyone wants to meet for a pint beforehand give me a buzz here. SUFTUM. :red:
tommyblue
Novice

Post by tommyblue »

8 of us in the main stand-hopefully close to the refreshments
keel
Novice

Post by keel »

Loki wrote:myself and a mix of ULster / nearly-Ulster / weegies will be standing pitchside - could be a good bet as you get to move freely round east and west. That said it's uncovered and in Glasgow there's usually a high chance of rain at any given moment.

If anyone wants to meet for a pint beforehand give me a buzz here. SUFTUM. :red:
See my plan was to go terrace anyway, it was more a question of whether we would be going East or West, but if it's free moving that solves that issue. What's the craic with selling separate tickets for them then.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

we're just getting individual tickets for the east and west. whenever you get onto the SRU tickets site - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/scottishrugby/default.aspx - there's a tab above the International tickets for Edinburgh and the Warriors. The pitchside standing is a maximum of 15 per head. Means whoever's going will have to set up an individual account, or just buy in batches and dole them out at a pub in Scotstoun pre game.

one more thing - I'm more familiar with Partick, where Glasgow used to play. I think the standing at Scotstoun is behind the posts.
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

Availing of the Stena offer staying in Jury's Inn for 3 nights. Look forward to seeing y'all at the Ulster match & the international :fleg:
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Anyone ever get the Translink bus over?

What price you talking about driving?
General Prom
Novice

Post by General Prom »

Better maybe starting a new thread.......... This was last season.
Oh Gawd!! I wish I was still playing Scrum Half.....
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Title would still be the same General. No harm in using an old one.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:Anyone ever get the Translink bus over?

What price you talking about driving?
Depends on numbers of passengers, but prob upwards of £250. Almost always cheaper to fly.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Translink bus is decent to be fair
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

translink bus is grand if you can get the day off work. think it's 48 return or something close and you can basically buy on the day. pretty tedious but there's always a new film on the boat - a few weeks ago it was the new Star Trek 2 on the way to Scotland and Iron Man 3 on the way to Belfast.