Stand up in Orlando

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

WOODY
Novice

Stand up in Orlando

Post by WOODY »

Bad planning on my part has seen me organise the family holiday when the Rabo final will be on. Does anyone know if there is somewhere that will be showing the game in Orlando?

Ta

:fleg:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Re: Stand up in Orlando

Post by browner »

If you're staying in or around International Drive, I reckon this on would suit...they seem to be offering coverage of tonight's Leinster v Glasgow semi.

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/locations/orl ... 2013-05-11
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

You could try the Miller Alehouse on International drive, they show just about every sport on a multitude of tv's and have every beer you could ever want, plus good food >burp
Dura lex sed lex
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

WOODY wrote:Bad planning on my part has seen me organise the family holiday when the Rabo final will be on. Does anyone know if there is somewhere that will be showing the game in Orlando?

Ta

I have a similar problem (all to do with the current Mrs Indaruck having a certain birthday etc. etc.). However, my problem is that I will be in Portugal - anyone know the best way of getting to wathc the match - perhaps on-line as the villa we are staying in has WiFi?
Hope is not a strategy.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hans Indaruck wrote:
WOODY wrote:Bad planning on my part has seen me organise the family holiday when the Rabo final will be on. Does anyone know if there is somewhere that will be showing the game in Orlando?

Ta

I have a similar problem (all to do with the current Mrs Indaruck having a certain birthday etc. etc.). However, my problem is that I will be in Portugal - anyone know the best way of getting to wathc the match - perhaps on-line as the villa we are staying in has WiFi?
Tell yer woman you made a mistake and booked for LISBURN, not Lisbon.

Sure it'll cost you twenty years of grief, but you could nip out to buy her a decent pressie to make up for it and then take a wee detour down the A1 and when you get to Newry keep going ........ Seeing Ulster win the League will be worth the pain. >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Ta

Rabo games in the US are shown on Fox Soccer Plus so the venue will need to have this channel.

You could try this venue finder using the ZIP code of the place you will be staying
http://www.premiumsports.tv/premusa/venue-finder/

This is actually for a different channel, Premium Sports, that shows 6N and Lions games in the US, but places with Premium Sports are also likely to have Fox Soccer Plus and show rugby.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Hans Indaruck wrote:

Ta

Tell yer woman you made a mistake and booked for LISBURN, not Lisbon.

Sure it'll cost you twenty years of grief, but you could nip out to buy her a decent pressie to make up for it and then take a wee detour down the A1 and when you get to Newry keep going ........ Seeing Ulster win the League will be worth the pain. >EW
Nice tought Capt G - but I'm not sure the pain would be survivable - and to be fair to her she did give me next year's season ticket for my birthday! That plus the fact that we are also taking li'l dude (our almost 2 year old grandson) who's birthday it will also be when away - and we have bought him his first full Ulster Rugby kit for his birthday - long story short - I'm wimping out and a trip to D4 is not an option!! :roll:
Hope is not a strategy.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ta

No idea Woody, but as one who made a similar error for "The Triumph of Thomond", I wish you well.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WOODY
Novice

Post by WOODY »

Cheers for the advice guys. I have found a pub Frankie Farrells that is showing it. Right by a shopping mall so that will take the heat off me from my fashionista family members!