Tigers Away 31st August?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

montjeu8
Novice

Tigers Away 31st August?

Post by montjeu8 »

Just wondered if we'd be bringing any kind of contingent to this one? Last time I went for HC game, didn't see too many of us before the game and wondered what drinking dens people preferred?
montjeu8
Novice

Re: Tigers Away 31st August?

Post by montjeu8 »

Here's the link to the info - haven't seen this anywhere else - apologies if I've missed it.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/159 ... dnOy5xwbIU
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

I'll probably be doing it as a day trip.

For the HEC game in 2011 there was a decent crowd of Ulster fans in one pub I was in before the game but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called...
montjeu8
Novice

Post by montjeu8 »

Oh well, seems like we'll be slightly outnumbered then :(
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Surrey, London and Essex Exiles will be there ... looking to stay the night as well.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Looking to book this shortly, the Campanile hotel is good price at the moment for £39-95 (twin/double) that night ...

http://www.campanile.com/en/hotels/campanile-leicester
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Stayed there last time. Rooms OK for the price but I'd forgo eating there if you can avoid it. I came by public transport but if you're driving the car park looked rather cramped.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

thinking of taking a day trip down if all goes well. had tickets for the away match 2 seasons ago but didn't make it, hope to make the HEC game this year too. their ticket staff were dead on with a cancellation.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Swan and Rushes

Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Planning to go to the HC tie at Welford road in January, I know east Midlands is the best airport but what's the best way to get to Welford Road and what are the best hotels to stay in near the ground, many thanks for the help.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

scrum5 wrote:Planning to go to the HC tie at Welford road in January, I know east Midlands is the best airport but what's the best way to get to Welford Road and what are the best hotels to stay in near the ground, many thanks for the help.....
You can walk from the city centre to the ground in less than 10 minutes so any of the hotels in the centre of Leicester would do.

We stayed in the Mervue (formerly the Ramada if memory serves me right), it was within walking distance of the ground, the main shopping centre and the bus station.

We are looking at heading over for this match too but still need to do a bit of homework on it.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The Premier Inn near the station was grand. In fact besides the curry houses and Welford Road itself it was probably the best part of the city.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Any idea when Ulster will announce the squad for this one ... next week I guess ?

Hoping it's not an Acadamy squad like we put out against Quins a few seasons ago an got trounced!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Any idea when Ulster will announce the squad for this one ... next week I guess ?

Hoping it's not an Acadamy squad like we put out against Quins a few seasons ago an got trounced!!
Pre-season friendlies - do they announce squads?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Surrey Red Hand wrote:Any idea when Ulster will announce the squad for this one ... next week I guess ?

Pre-season friendlies - do they announce squads?
Nah anyone with a shirt who is not rested or injured will probably appear this week, on second thoughts that might not be far away from an academy squad !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best