Treviso Away Heineken Cup

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Treviso Away Heineken Cup

Post by Neill_M »

Hi,

Looking for a hotel for the treviso trip in December. Any suggestions from people who have been there in the past would be appreciated.

Cheers
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Treviso Away Heineken Cup

Post by pwrmoore »

http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/carlton ... ffdb0f87X5

A few groups have used this as their base
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

pwrmoore wrote:http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/carlton ... ffdb0f87X5

A few groups have used this as their base

Stayed there last november for our league game and tbh it is very expensive for what it is (that AND the Continental)
what they have going for them is that they are very central and close to bus and train station to Venice, liked the hotel
but I think I will look for an alternative in Dec for the Heiny game ... Treviso is the best away trip in Italy IMO !!!!
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

Going to head to this one too. Any recommendations out there for cheaper digs in centre of town?
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

After booking the Carlton with Hotels.com (I think it was) I happened to look on the hotels own website a few weeks later and it worked out cheaper ... too late for me at the time though, but worth a look for future bookings.
StewMcD
Novice

Post by StewMcD »

I booked into Il Focolare as it was reasonble (<£70 for a double per night) and central.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Be aware that Treviso is not only a town but a region, bit similar to Armagh city and county so you can end up miles from anywhere
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Booked the Carlton, limited options in the centre of town hotelwise, otherwise you seem to be stuck in the middle of nowhere as mentioned above. Flying BFS-Gatwick-Venice, Fri-Mon.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Neill_M wrote:Booked the Carlton, limited options in the centre of town hotelwise, otherwise you seem to be stuck in the middle of nowhere as mentioned above. Flying BFS-Gatwick-Venice, Fri-Mon.
I don't think you'll be disappointed Neil. Not the best hotel in the world but very serviceable and excellently located. Six of us stayed there a couple of years ago for a League match and had the best away trip of our lives! Venice itself is only a short train ride away too if you fancy some sightseeing.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Booked the Carlton, limited options in the centre of town hotelwise, otherwise you seem to be stuck in the middle of nowhere as mentioned above. Flying BFS-Gatwick-Venice, Fri-Mon.
Good location, good beds and good breakfast 5 minutes walk to main square and the preferred hotel for Rabo trippers since Treviso joined so plenty of regulars there to keep you right on food drink and travel locally, bus to stadium about 100m from hotel
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

All booked up. Lunchtime flight from Stansted on Friday, back Sunday afternoon on the old sore head express. Staying in the Continental. Should be a good one, hope the weather is better than it usually is in Treviso round that time of year!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The hotel we stayed in is a Best Western now. As Rooster says -it's in a far off suburb, and the walk in and out is certainly thirst inducing - but joes were no problem to get and they do 4 bed suites at a reasonable rate. Not the worst option if there are the right number of you, but certainly not as convenient as 'down town'.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

What's the best way to get from Venice(Marco Polo) airport to Treviso?
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

twiglet wrote:What's the best way to get from Venice(Marco Polo) airport to Treviso?

Tbh it's much easier to fly to Treviso and do Venice as a day trip BUT if you have already booked to Marco Polo ...

Train runs from Venice to Treviso (take approx 25/30 mins)

OR I believe there is a bus runs from Marco Polo to Treviso .. .check this site out ..... http://www.actt.it/trasporti
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Thanks for info.