Season Ticket Sales and future allocations

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket Sales and future allocations

Post by BR »

The 'club Ulster' thing was a season ticket - that was there in 99
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:I have previously stated that those who renewed for the 07/08 season should have priority. :lol:

Seriously, length of season ticket holding should determine these things. I appreciate the Johnny come lately's will dispute this but the 07/08 season was a test of character. :lol:
As someone who has been going to Ravenhill since the late 1950s I believe I should have honorary life membership & pay feck all for my ticket but that is not how this cookie crumbles, FFS we are simply a number on a piece of plastic now, not even a name on one's ST.

BR, I do take your point & the Turnips would also weigh in in numbers I suspect.

I think that UR are probably quietly astonished that 18200 is not looking like its going to be hard to fill, I imagine that they might have thought 12-15000 for bigger games was a reasonable target, it begins to look like it will sell out fairly often if we are getting sell outs as often as we are currently. As long as results continue to be decent of course.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
BR wrote:In theory it should not matter if you're a 07 ST veteran or a 13/14 ST johnny come lately. It is those who have bought 50%+1th ticket that would be impacted by such a system.
Yes, I know, and like the car park, the waiting list for the premium stand, etc, is it unrealistic to expect that when we reach the 50% + 1 Ulster will then have a second tier of ST holders with lesser rights?

Personally, I don't care, I'm egalitarian enough to take my chances in a draw.
I would rather head in the direction of fastest finger on the ticket site than a draw, at least you feel that you are sort of in control of your ticket destiny
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote: is it unrealistic to expect that when we reach the 50% + 1 Ulster will then have a second tier of ST holders with lesser rights?
Well provided their entitlement is explained before they purchase their ticket, then I don't see why not.

The 9001st season ticket holder (for sake of argument), only gets an offer if one of the previous 9000 declines; and so on.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

damianmcr wrote:WW have you already chosen your new seat for next year? Im just curious as next seasons ST will go on sale soon.
Not yet Damo, we've got to next Friday to do it apparently. Mr WW is sorting that.

We're aiming for seats back in the general area we were in before.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Snipe Watson wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote:I have previously stated that those who renewed for the 07/08 season should have priority. :lol:

Seriously, length of season ticket holding should determine these things. I appreciate the Johnny come lately's will dispute this but the 07/08 season was a test of character. :lol:
I challenge your 07/08 with the greatest fall from grace that was 99/00. You may have quantity, but quality of dross must trump that.
Yes, but, I recall back then buying tickets on a game by game basis. When did season tickets, in the modern sense, start?
That was the first season and nearly the last. :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:In theory it should not matter if you're a 07 ST veteran or a 13/14 ST johnny come lately. It is those who have bought 50%+1th ticket that would be impacted by such a system.
Yes, I know, and like the car park, the waiting list for the premium stand, etc, is it unrealistic to expect that when we reach the 50% + 1 Ulster will then have a second tier of ST holders with lesser rights?

I would rather head in the direction of fastest finger on the ticket site than a draw, at least you feel that you are sort of in control of your ticket destiny
Nah! Prove you are a REAL supporter :stir:

First priority to Season Ticket holders that are also URSC members - that would push the supporters club membership up another wee bit :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

I challenge your 07/08 with the greatest fall from grace that was 99/00. You may have quantity, but quality of dross must trump that.
Yes, but, I recall back then buying tickets on a game by game basis. When did season tickets, in the modern sense, start?
That was the first season and nearly the last. :lol:
They were certainly going in 2003/04 season
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Nah! Prove you are a REAL supporter :stir:

First priority to Season Ticket holders that are also URSC members - that would push the supporters club membership up another wee bit :duck:
what about the expats?

sent from my crozier
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote: They were certainly going in 2003/04 season
I'm trying to work it out. My eldest was born in '98 and my first ST was 2+1 and she was pre-school. Must have been '02-ish?

Fastest finger first puts you in charge of your destiny Rooster? Really? Seriously?

With Ticketmaster? Honestly! :lol:
I'd be grateful if people would avoid quoting Rooster. I have him on 'ignore' since the Paddy Mac incident.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

What was the Paddy Mac incident?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:What was the Paddy Mac incident?
Take a look back through the injury update thread, I can't say but you will see what I did wrong, mention it again and I'm banned :shock:
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Season Ticket Sales and future allocations

Post by Wee Woman »

I'm trying to work it out. My eldest was born in '98 and my first ST was 2+1 and she was pre-school. Must have been '02-ish?

Fastest finger first puts you in charge of your destiny Rooster? Really? Seriously?

Think our first ST's may also have been purchased in 02-ish too.

Was def before we bought our house in 2004.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The first season tickets were for 1999-2000 season.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Thanks Snipe. :thumleft:

The "apocalypse" year!!! I suspect ST sales '00/01 were "brisk"! :lol:

Mine must have been '01 or '02, '03 at the very latest.
I had a couple of 00/01 and it was tough, the "apocalypse" word brings it all back !
Rory Best