Edinburgh Away 21st March

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

BigHairyMonster
Initiate
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by BigHairyMonster » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:57 pm

If you're just looking for a pint go to the roseburn out at the ground! Proper Edinburgh boozer.
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red

BigHairyMonster
Initiate
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by BigHairyMonster » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:43 pm

mikerob wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:I know haha! Be easy to spot us on the telly then.
Is it on the TV? It wasn't on BBC NI the last time I looked and not on the red button schedule either.
Not listed on the BBC Alba programming so BBC NI your main hope I would have thought
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red

User avatar
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Bangor

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by Wee Woman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Cheers BHM, we are staying fairly close to the ground so might eat before we leave then. Either that or head for the Murrayfield Arms - presuming that's the hotel you refer to?

Last time I was at Murrayfield was for the Celtic Cup Final (!) and if I remember rightly we weren't allowed to drink in the ground (or was that Meadowbank??). Can you grab a pint at the ground now?

BigHairyMonster
Initiate
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by BigHairyMonster » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:13 pm

No it's the Murrayfield Hotel. There is a bar called the Murrayfield Bar slightly closer to the ground which has a 'sauna' next door. Doubt that it lets in childer. The Hotel has a goodish bar/restaurant called The Bothy.
Yes you can get a drink in the ground no bother. Expect to pay stupid prices though! Mind you what's a pint at Ravers these days??
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red

User avatar
Thelaw
Steward
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm
Location: I'm Behind You

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by Thelaw » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:45 pm

It looks like the only way to see this match is to be there, nothing at all on the BBC site for this even on the red button :shock: :banghead:
Dura lex sed lex

User avatar
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5273
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 am

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by shamalicious » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Not even on ALBA either.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten

User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 9123
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by mikerob » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

For this fixture last season, the BBC said they would show it online on the BBC website but they did end up showing it on red button, however red button coverage wasn't confirmed until the same day as the game.

User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4719
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by Setanta » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 pm

During the schools' cup game today they said they (BBC2NI) were covering it.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by BR » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:51 am

BigHairyMonster wrote:Mind you what's a pint at Ravers these days??
20 fl oz minus what the silly wee girl tips round you as she's handing it to you!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by Rooster » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:33 am

According to Winker Watson it is on BBC website and on Red Button on BBC2
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

Chel
Novice
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:41 am

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by Chel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 am

Me and my husband are heading over on Friday morning Belfast to Cairnryan bringing along our friends 9 year old son to his first away match so our weekend will also be a lot more subdued than ususal, we are staying in Edinburgh Capital Hotel. There is also another group of 6 we know of heading over

Looking forward to it.....

BigHairyMonster
Initiate
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by BigHairyMonster » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Looks like the beginning of a good posse especially when you build in the student element
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red

User avatar
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Bangor

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by Wee Woman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Chel wrote:Me and my husband are heading over on Friday morning Belfast to Cairnryan bringing along our friends 9 year old son to his first away match so our weekend will also be a lot more subdued than ususal, we are staying in Edinburgh Capital Hotel. There is also another group of 6 we know of heading over

Looking forward to it.....
Must look out for you then - we are staying there too.

10 or 15 only
Initiate
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:47 am

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by 10 or 15 only » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:11 pm

Wee Woman wrote:
Chel wrote:Me and my husband are heading over on Friday morning Belfast to Cairnryan bringing along our friends 9 year old son to his first away match so our weekend will also be a lot more subdued than ususal, we are staying in Edinburgh Capital Hotel. There is also another group of 6 we know of heading over

Looking forward to it.....
Must look out for you then - we are staying there too.
Staying at Premier Inn, Haymarket and have a meal/drinks booked for Mercat Pub/Restaurant next door.
Not too long a walk from there. A fleg in hand.

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Edinburgh Away 21st March

Post by BR » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:33 pm

10 or 15 only wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Chel wrote:Me and my husband are heading over on Friday morning Belfast to Cairnryan bringing along our friends 9 year old son to his first away match so our weekend will also be a lot more subdued than ususal, we are staying in Edinburgh Capital Hotel. There is also another group of 6 we know of heading over

Looking forward to it.....
Must look out for you then - we are staying there too.
Staying at Premier Inn, Haymarket and have a meal/drinks booked for Mercat Pub/Restaurant next door.
Not too long a walk from there. A fleg in hand.
I highly recommend the latter. The former USED to be nice. :oops:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

Post Reply