What if

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What if

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:Has anyone been up lately at Ravenhill and seen how the pitch is progressing? It's good growing weather at least.
Not since Bryn and I had the bant 2 weeks back when it looked like a sandy bag of tom kite
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Was on tour of Nevin Spence centre and Stadium on Friday.
Grass growing, pitch looking good although it was a little bare in places while we were there the grass was being cut.
The trip around stadium was very worthwhile and although we all gurn about Ulster Rugby and sometimes with good reason when I came away from the visit I thought we a so lucky to have got so many things right. The Nevin Spence centre was excellent, the tour guide was great with a good balance of humour and facts and we have a stadium and history associated with it and Ulster Rugby which is second to none.
It was also good to see some players at work with Van the Man on the treadmill our SA prop working hard and McCloskey doing a fine impression of a second row-the guy is massive.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

skiboo wrote:Was on tour of Nevin Spence centre and Stadium on Friday.
Grass growing, pitch looking good although it was a little bare in places while we were there the grass was being cut.
The trip around stadium was very worthwhile and although we all gurn about Ulster Rugby and sometimes with good reason when I came away from the visit I thought we a so lucky to have got so many things right. The Nevin Spence centre was excellent, the tour guide was great with a good balance of humour and facts and we have a stadium and history associated with it and Ulster Rugby which is second to none.
It was also good to see some players at work with Van the Man on the treadmill our SA prop working hard and McCloskey doing a fine impression of a second row-the guy is massive.
I was on the 10:30 tour on Fri. I thought it was good too. Interesting to get a look at the gym (slight feeling of being in the zoo there :lol:) and the changing rooms. The museum was well worth a visit.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

big mervyn wrote:
I was on the 10:30 tour on Fri. I thought it was good too. Interesting to get a look at the gym (slight feeling of being in the zoo there :lol:) and the changing rooms. The museum was well worth a visit.
Can non-ST holders go on the tour?
It's the hope that kills you.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
I was on the 10:30 tour on Fri. I thought it was good too. Interesting to get a look at the gym (slight feeling of being in the zoo there Image) and the changing rooms. The museum was well worth a visit.
I went to the ground once

Saw Bryn

Left
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
More helpfully, I assume so Baldy but expect to pay for the privilege. The free tour was only for ST holders who renewed before the end of March I believe.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Commitment! Your season ticket holder will remind you every game that you're better than everyone else
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

BS
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1438182864285.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438182864285.jpg (113.17 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:BS
Have you seen their latest post

Our club, sponsored by centra
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Snipe Watson wrote:I was at Ravenhill the day after the pitch was seeded and did express some concern that the pitch could not possibly be ready for the start of September. It will look green and grassy, until the first scrum at which point it will disintegrate into a scene resembling Passchendaele.

I was assured it would be fine.
Almost two months on from my previous report I had reason to be at HQ today and have to report that my pessimism of 7 June looks well founded. The grass is lovely and green, but looks a bit thin in places. I fear for the root zone come scrum time. It could be ready for a seed drill to sow winter barley after the leinster match.