Saracens away January 2016

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Saracens away January 2016

Post by mikerob »

Russ wrote:Philomena's for a fry up and early pints. Then head up towards the ground nice and early to ask anyone in a sorries top questions like, what is the name of your coach? What position does number 15 represent? How many games do they get free tickets to a year? Are they ok chairing on cheats?
What time in Philomena's? Will likely head there myself before heading north.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote:Philomena's for a fry up and early pints. Then head up towards the ground nice and early to ask anyone in a sorries top questions like, what is the name of your coach? What position does number 15 represent? How many games do they get free tickets to a year? Are they ok chairing on cheats?
What time in Philomena's? Will likely head there myself before heading north.
Probably there for 11ish
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Well how was Saracen's world renowned hospitality?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Holywood Mike's crew were their usual not on tv self >EW >burp
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Jackie Brown wrote:Well how was Saracen's world renowned hospitality?

Their main stand (on the East side), is pretty impressive, and underneath that was a selection of bars and food/drink stands. They had some live music too. And it was nice and warm.

They are in a difficult spot having to accommodate a running track round the pitch.

The quality of the food stalls was pretty high I thought, and better than our offerings at Ravenhill. It was pricey, but it wasn't any higher than I expected for a London ground with a captive audience.

I met some very nice Saracens fans too, who were very tolerant of the fairly vocal Ulster support in the South Stand, including some clowns who were singing songs I thought to be a bit unnecessary, each to their own, I just wish they weren't Ulster fans. There was generally an okay atmosphere I thought, helped by Ulster support, but I'd guess if it had been tighter on the pitch it would have been more enthusiastic in the stands too.

The music blasting every time the ball went dead was a bit of a pain in the árse.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

OneMore wrote:

Their main stand (on the East side), is pretty impressive, and underneath that was a selection of bars and food/drink stands. They had some live music too. And it was nice and warm.

They are in a difficult spot having to accommodate a running track round the pitch.

The quality of the food stalls was pretty high I thought, and better than our offerings at Ravenhill. It was pricey, but it wasn't any higher than I expected for a London ground with a captive audience.

I met some very nice Saracens fans too, who were very tolerant of the fairly vocal Ulster support in the South Stand, including some clowns who were singing songs I thought to be a bit unnecessary, each to their own, I just wish they weren't Ulster fans. There was generally an okay atmosphere I thought, helped by Ulster support, but I'd guess if it had been tighter on the pitch it would have been more enthusiastic in the stands too.

The music blasting every time the ball went dead was a bit of a pain in the árse.
Being in the South stand, wondering what these songs were?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Enjoyable day. Best bit was probably the singing on a bus post match. Also liked the 4 pint bags of Saracens ale. Meant no time wasted going to the bar during the game.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Enjoyable day. Best bit was probably the singing on a bus post match. Also liked the 4 pint bags of Saracens ale. Meant no time wasted going to the bar during the game.
That wasn't a 4-pint bag of ale - that was Russ's catheter bag! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Enjoyable day. Best bit was probably the singing on a bus post match. Also liked the 4 pint bags of Saracens ale. Meant no time wasted going to the bar during the game.
That wasn't a 4-pint bag of ale - that was Russ's catheter bag! Image
The best thing about Mikes group is that they openly draw attention to themselves. Meaning the rest of us can actively avoid them
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Russ wrote:
OneMore wrote:

I was mainly a bit annoyed at a small group of guys in the far back-right section of the stand.

"You only sing when you're winning..."
"Can we hear the Sarries singing? Noooooo, nooooo..." Complete with sweary word towards the end.

It wasn't a big thing - more a mild annoyance for me. Us being the visitors, I heard no hostility being directed at Ulster, or at Ulster fans from the home support - unfortunately the reverse was not true.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

OneMore wrote:
Russ wrote:
OneMore wrote:

I was mainly a bit annoyed at a small group of guys in the far back-right section of the stand.

"You only sing when you're winning..."
"Can we hear the Sarries singing? Noooooo, nooooo..." Complete with sweary word towards the end.

It wasn't a big thing - more a mild annoyance for me. Us being the visitors, I heard no hostility being directed at Ulster, or at Ulster fans from the home support - unfortunately the reverse was not true.
Yes I heard them too with the I can't hear a fecking thing

Good banter in the middle of the south stand. The 5 Leinster fans at the front were in good voice
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

As far as I'm concerned any chants/songs are OK as long as no swearing.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

We didn't hear anything that would cause upset.
Had a great time at the Hendon club, chatting to a few of their players and then to Sarries fans throughout the day.
Back at Hendon after the game was really good, the £3 a pint helped
Everyone seemed to really enjoy it, a little footbally at times, but nothing offensive.
Great day out, other than the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RichmondRedHand
Novice

Post by RichmondRedHand »

Liked the bar afterwards - good showing from Ulster fans. Sarries fans around us were fine.

Also had a bit of a wander on their plastic pitch afterwards - a couple of impromptu scrums going on - all good natured.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

RichmondRedHand wrote:Liked the bar afterwards - good showing from Ulster fans. Sarries fans around us were fine.

Also had a bit of a wander on their plastic pitch afterwards - a couple of impromptu scrums going on - all good natured.
Hope you saw my drop goal from 30m out sail through the sticks