Saracens away January 2016

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Saracens away January 2016

Post by Rooster »

DavyG wrote:
sounds like it's easier to get from Plumbridge to Ravenhill using Translink
Get the 92b to Omagh, the Goldliner 273 to the big smoke then Metro 6a or 7b to Ravenhill......Simples :cheers:
See I told you it was easier :lol: :lol: :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WOODY
Novice

Post by WOODY »

Rooster wrote:
kUD wrote:
WOODY wrote:For those with long enough memories and shuttle bus experiences I have four words to say, London Irish, madejski stadium!
Ouch....I'd prefer to forget about that one
Worst away trip ever, in the worst venue ever
Reading, The Walkabout, the ground????????

All of them?
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Folks

Just received this from Hendon RFC:

I hope you don’t mind me contacting you; It’s in relation to this Saturday 16th January 2016, Ulster’s Rugby fixture against Saracens RFC at Allianz Park Stadium.

I currently manage the bar/club house at Hendon RFC which is an amateur club visibly located 300m next to Allianz Park Stadium. Last year we hosted the Munster Supporters Group where they used our club as a meeting point both before and after their European fixture against Saracens RFC. I believe they enjoyed our hospitality where we provided drinks, BBQ and live music entertainment, with both the Munster choir and their group residency band playing in-between.

On behalf of Hendon RFC I would also like to offer our facilities to the Ulster Rugby Supporters Club this Saturday where we will have drinks and BBQ all day, along with live music playing both before and after the match. We also offer Free WIFI, card payments with limited cash back available as there are no cash machines located near Allianz Park. For those supporters without tickets we will be showing the match live on our full HD projector.

Also, on our main pitch at 2pm Hendon RFC will play Saracens Amateurs with both teams 2nd and 1st in their league respectively with the result potentially having a deciding factor on which of the two teams wins the league and securing automatic promotion, so it should be a good fought match to watch. We respect grassroots rugby and like honouring the traditions and hospitality particularly post-match with ‘man of the match’, ‘boat races’ etc. we try to provide a traditional club atmosphere which we believe all rugby supporters will enjoy.

I very much hope both you and the Ulster Supporters Club will consider visiting us and using our facilities as a meeting place to enjoy our hospitality.

....I am sure that non-URSC members can avail of Hendon's facilities too!!
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

WOODY wrote:
Rooster wrote:
kUD wrote:
WOODY wrote:For those with long enough memories and shuttle bus experiences I have four words to say, London Irish, madejski stadium!

All of them?
And the result.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
WOODY wrote:
Rooster wrote:
kUD wrote:

All of them?
And the result.
The result was the best bit of the trip, so go figure the rest
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Was just about to ask if nonURSC members were welcome.

I believe we massively outnumber the URSC. By the way, did the guy who tried to det up a website get allowed in the end or did you militantly shut him down?

Needless to say the Ulster Supporters of London are growing in number and enjoying our independence
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Hendon RFC sounds good to me - that's 5 of us who will be there - would rather give my money to a local Rugby Club than Sorries :lol: :fleg:
Finished
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rovi Snave wrote:Hendon RFC sounds good to me - that's 5 of us who will be there - would rather give my money to a local Rugby Club than Sorries Image :fleg:
Me too

It appears to have the same transport problems so may be out after game location
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

transport to this place really is a pain in the hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Looks like there's a further option of Hendon Central and a few pints in the Claddagh Ring, which is a big pub I've heard of, albeit not previously been to.

They seem to be running a shuttle bus to the match.

http://www.claddagh-ring.co.uk/#!the-cl ... ring/c187b

Hendon Rugby Club mention the Bodhran nearer the station but it looks a bit dingy on Google Maps.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Any chance of Munster v Stade Francais (1pm) being on the telly in the Saracens bar?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Any chance of Munster v Stade Francais (1pm) being on the telly in the Saracens bar?
Hendon announced on FB they are showing it
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

I've just had a very helpful guy from Hendon Rugby Club sort us out with parking at the club, so we will be heading straight there to enjoy their hospitality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Philomena's for a fry up and early pints. Then head up towards the ground nice and early to ask anyone in a sorries top questions like, what is the name of your coach? What position does number 15 represent? How many games do they get free tickets to a year? Are they ok chairing on cheats?
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Samstew wrote:I've just had a very helpful guy from Hendon Rugby Club sort us out with parking at the club, so we will be heading straight there to enjoy their hospitality Image
FYI guys & gals

Another local rugby club, Millhill RFC offering hospitality now to,albeit their parking is already full.

Please see below and decide for yoursleves:

Just reaching out to all from the Ulster supporters club and letting you know all fans, supporters and families are most welcome to come into our club before and after the game. The beer is nice and cheap, we serve hot food and we've a lovely open fire to warm up by!

We're showing all live rugby so all your supporters are welcome to stick around for that too. The club is a 2 min walk to the Allianz park. Unfortunately we have already had our parking fully booked.

We can't wait to see some of the Ulster lot making our clubhouse a brighter place.
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co