pre-season

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

pre-season

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: pre-season

Post by Neill_M »

The details....

Ulster Rugby has confirmed that it will play pre-season fixtures against English sides Northampton Saints and Exeter Chiefs in August. Ulster will host Northampton at Kingspan Stadium on Friday 26th August 2016, kicking off at 7.30pm. For the first time, the home pre-season game will have a curtain-raiser, which will feature Ulster A versus Canada A at 5.15pm. The gates will open from 4.30pm and tickets for this double header start at just £15 for adults and £10 for children. Both of these fixtures are included in the 2016/17 Season Ticket.

Ulster's pre-season preparations begin six days earlier with a trip to Sandy Park to take on Exeter on Saturday 20th August (kick off at 3pm).

HOME PRE-SEASON DOUBLE HEADER v NORTHAMPTON & CANADA A

Pricing:
Grandstand Blocks 2-8 (central): £28
Grandstand Blocks 1 & 9: £22
East Terrace & West Terrace: £18
Hughes Insurance Family Stand & Memorial End Stand: £20 / £15
Hughes Insurance Family Terrace & Memorial End Terrace: £15 / £10

Key on-sale dates:
Season Ticket priority booking for additional tickets (online only): from 10am on 23rd May
Season Ticket priority booking for additional tickets (over counter and over phone): from 10am on 26th May
General on-sale (online only): 10am on 28th May
General on-sale (over counter and over phone): 10am on 1st June

Double header and some variety in the opposition (i.e. not Leinster) decent changes imho :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: pre-season

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Excellent idea the double header, it would also indicate that given 2 teams playing the Saints game will be more of a match than we usually get as we will not have enough players for a 40 a-side nonsense.

That said I will be preparing for the season with my own warm weather training in España as usual, I find it has stood to me in terms of remaining fit throughout the season for the past several. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.