Saturdays match....

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

B.Y.O
Novice

Saturdays match....

Post by B.Y.O »

Any bars in Belfast showing saturdays match??
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Utd v City?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Bot and Eg will show that mismatch.

Ulster v Cardiff is on BBCW (961 on your Sky remote)

that is not a cue for the Murdoch is a bstard brigade to start bealting on again
Last edited by Freddie Benson on Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

Freddie Benson wrote:that is not a cue for the Murdoch is a bstard to start bealting on again
Only cos my eyes are not square since I am not glued to Sky all the time could I manage to read this Freddie!!
M-T is definitely not ET???
Mine's a pint!
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

should also have mentioned that of course the match is on Friday with a 7:10 pm start (and 7:12 kick off :lol: :rambo: )
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

But is there any chance of the Bot showing tomorrow night's Ulster game :?:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Some of you who have so far avoided paying their enjoyment tax to Sky, may be interested to know that BBC and ITV are launching a new system for watching their digital satellite output.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 221722.stm

This will probably make little difference for rugby, which is already available free to air, other than the hardware may come down in price. May be good news for those in the south who should now be able to get ITV regions (so again little impact on rugby).

As a matter of interest, for those of you who have not got digital satellite, Why not?

a.Cost of equipment?
b.Have NTL can't justify buying the extra kit?
c.Nowhere to put up dish?
d.Refuse to contribute to sky's coffers?
e.Can live without BBC W and S4C?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Not sure if this is what they are talking about but at £150 installed it's not a bad deal, buy the kit and erect it yourself would cost almost as much :shock:
http://www.freesatfromsky.com/?pID=1
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR,

For the record. I fall into category B - have NTL, can't really justify the extra kit.

Also, I don't reall want to slap a dish on my house - though the fact that many houses now have dishes and that dishes are less obtrusive than they used to be is eroding this particular objection.
Last edited by pwrmoore on Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Not sure if this is what they are talking about but at £150 installed it's not a bad deal, buy the kit and erect it yourself would cost almost as much :shock:
http://www.freesatfromsky.com/?pID=1
That is the popular Sky format that BBC/ITV will be competing with (competition => lower prices ??).

If you only want FTA channels like BBC2W/S4C, and soon ITV regions, then you may well be able to pick up the generic decoder and dish for about £50 (I think Lidl were selling them for £30 a while back). You could also pick up an old sky box on ebay. ITV was Sky's ace in the free sat battle, but with them becoming FTA, this will open up the market to other manufacturers/suppliers. - I wouldn't pay £150 for the kit now, wait and see.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Lidl’s kit was £69 last week, not sure if cable was included, if you can do a bit of simple DIY no bother to erect it but if you have an awkward site and are scared of heights it will probably cost as much to get someone in to put it up for you, the price may come down a bit but it will not be a massive saving, the tuners are the expensive bit and are frequently faulty on e-bay purchases.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

As a matter of interest, for those of you who have not got digital satellite, Why not?
Too tight.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Lidl’s kit was £69 last week, not sure if cable was included, if you can do a bit of simple DIY no bother to erect it but if you have an awkward site and are scared of heights it will probably cost as much to get someone in to put it up for you, the price may come down a bit but it will not be a massive saving, the tuners are the expensive bit and are frequently faulty on e-bay purchases.
Maybe I remember the Lidl price wrong (or did that exclude the dish?) Anyway - I would hope that the high street prices would come down to closer to the Freeview prices. Maybe I'm being naive.

Agree it depends on you being able to fix it yourself (you' don't have vertigo, do you Rooster?).
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

BR wrote:As a matter of interest, for those of you who have not got digital satellite, Why not?

a.Cost of equipment?
b.Have NTL can't justify buying the extra kit?
c.Nowhere to put up dish?
d.Refuse to contribute to sky's coffers?
e.Can live without BBC W and S4C?
Definitely "d" - sure look, the feckers have even taken the cricket for the next 4 years, so no more live terrestial cricket till 2010, at least!! Had that been this year there'd have been an uproar the way the Ashes have been going.
Mine's a pint!