Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
Duckjnr
Novice
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: London

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by Duckjnr » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Anyone heading to Philomenas tonight?
NS

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by Russ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Duckjnr wrote:Anyone heading to Philomenas tonight?
Potentially

User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 9123
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by mikerob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Was anyone at Philomenas for the Cardiff game? Many Ulster fans watching? Will probably be going there for the next Friday evening game vs Embra.

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by Russ » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:25 pm

mikerob wrote:Was anyone at Philomenas for the Cardiff game? Many Ulster fans watching? Will probably be going there for the next Friday evening game vs Embra.
About 10 of us there, though I had a potential convert with me (she has no other choice really)
Will be skipping the Zebre game (but a few in there Friday will be watching it there)
Will be there for Edinburgh though

Strangely large group of Leinster fans in, so Connacht fans forced to our side of the bar. Meant everyone was watching 2 games

User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 9123
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by mikerob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:37 pm

10 is OK turn-out for a Pro12 game. The last Pro12 game I saw there (Ulster v Scarlets last season), I was the only one watching it.

I've seen big groups of Leinster fans there in the past when they have a televised game as well.

I don't think you get many Munster fans going to Philomenas these days - I think they have lined up a place near Blackfriars. It may be ok there on a Friday, but it will be dead on a Saturday. The lads behind the bar at Philomenas got hacked off at the Munster fans anyway :stir: >TDRT

london_bannsider
Novice
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by london_bannsider » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Dear fellow Ulstermen based in London,

I'm not a regular poster on here so please accept my apologies if this is the wrong thread to jump on.

I have a ticket for the game against the Tigers on 18th Oct. I was hoping to travel back to London again after the match.
But from what I can gather the last bus from Leicester is 8.15pm (!!) and the last train is 10pm which I thought might be a little bit tight for getting back on.

Is there a supporters mini-bus, car share or anything similar, that I could get involved with?

I live in North London, Hendon to be exact, so right beside the start of the M1, and would appreciate if anyone had some advice or help to offer.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by Russ » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:58 pm

london_bannsider wrote:Dear fellow Ulstermen based in London,

I'm not a regular poster on here so please accept my apologies if this is the wrong thread to jump on.

I have a ticket for the game against the Tigers on 18th Oct. I was hoping to travel back to London again after the match.
But from what I can gather the last bus from Leicester is 8.15pm (!!) and the last train is 10pm which I thought might be a little bit tight for getting back on.

Is there a supporters mini-bus, car share or anything similar, that I could get involved with?

I live in North London, Hendon to be exact, so right beside the start of the M1, and would appreciate if anyone had some advice or help to offer.

Thanks in advance.
Had the same quandary
Staying in Leicester

User avatar
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:34 am
Location: Surrey/Herts

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by Surrey Red Hand » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Several of us exiles heading to Philomena's later this afternoon for Ulster v Glasgow followed by OWC game at 19-45 !!

User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11834
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by pwrmoore » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Anyone know if Saturday's game will be shown in philomena's? By a spectacular piece of bad planning we'll be the wrong side of the sheuch on Saturday.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by Rooster » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:17 pm

pwrmoore wrote:Anyone know if Saturday's game will be shown in philomena's? By a spectacular piece of bad planning we'll be the wrong side of the sheuch on Saturday.
Probably will be on or just ask at the bar if not
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by Russ » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:20 pm

It is on
Not sure if i will be there. Is lse give me a library pass i will be. If not i will not

Suftum

User avatar
thelowerthebetter
Novice
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:38 pm

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by thelowerthebetter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 am

How I have not come across this thread before on here is beyond me! Thanks to mikerob for pointing me in this direction
Get your first tackle in early, even if it's late! - Ray Gravell

User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 9123
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by mikerob » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:04 pm

It's been running for almost 10 years now!

Anyone planning to go to Philomenas for the Treviso game on Friday evening?

User avatar
thelowerthebetter
Novice
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:38 pm

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by thelowerthebetter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:16 pm

I know and I have been here nearly eight!

Looks like I will not be able to make my first game until the Scarlet's on 27th but I will swing by then
Get your first tackle in early, even if it's late! - Ray Gravell

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Stand up fer the Ulstermen in London

Post by Russ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:49 pm

mikerob wrote:It's been running for almost 10 years now!

Anyone planning to go to Philomenas for the Treviso game on Friday evening?
Not sure about Treviso game
Should be in on Saturday all being well (unless I get offered last minute tickets to twickers)

Post Reply