Sky Plus HD Red Button doesn't work

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Sky Plus HD Red Button doesn't work

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Installed a few months back- doesn't work-just get message saying please wait and then stays on usual picture. Anyone any ideas?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Sky Plus HD Red Button doesn't work

Post by Rooster »

If it is connected to tv with a scart lead then it wont work, HD box has to be connected to tv with HDMI for red button to work, if both connected remove scart.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Cheers Rooster I'll give it a try.
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

Can someone tell me please if it is possible to set a sky + box to record a red button programme (Ulster v Ospreys), I will not be at home when the programme is due to start.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cardoc wrote:Can someone tell me please if it is possible to set a sky + box to record a red button programme (Ulster v Ospreys), I will not be at home when the programme is due to start.
No can't be done :(
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Ulster v Ospreys game isn't on red button - it is on BBC 2 NI (and BBC 2 Wales as well) so you will be able to Sky+ this.

However Rooster is correct - you can't set a timed recording for BBC red button programs on Sky+.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Correct about not being able to record but according to program IS on the rted button.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Setanta wrote:Correct about not being able to record but according to program IS on the rted button.
Ulster v Os is on Sky box program guide as BBC2 NI (and its also being shown on BBC2 Wales Scrum V). My recording is set already...

Its also shown as BBC 2 NI on BBC website listings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tndz3
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tnqm8
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

Yes, Rooster & Mike I have checked the schedule and it is listed on BBC2 at 7.00pm Thanks for your help