Will the real Stan, Stand up for the Ulstermen and...

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Would be good, I witnessed Big Ian and a SF MLA laughing at each others jokes one day, was a great occasion :D
People with more than one moniker :shock: disgracefull behaviour :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Rooster wrote:Back to the matter in hand :D The whole debate and answers so far are as clear as the Lagan after a good nights rain, what would keep me and many other punters happy is a simple statement of what the heck is really going on :?
I can sum up Rooster,

There is a concerted attempt to say that Stanley G, a committee member spoke on the Nolan Radio show as an individual and not in anyway as a representative of URSC in any shape or form.

Despite this I did not know at that time (when Stanley spoke on the radio)there was anyone called Stanley on the URSC committee. Therefore I am somewhat surprised after what i heard, ie. the Reid tapes and MR publishing their contents in the weekend's newspapers, the mention of a URSC online poll and the authoritative manner in which Stanley spoke about the URSC's position with respect to UR re-locating to the Maze that he was on in the capacity of a private individual. I have always maintained I don't recall him mentioning he was a committee member but I do recall him saying he was associated with the URSC therefore it is some surprise as I say that he is suddenly Joe Nobody who picked up the phone and rattled off a series of ad libbed lines. Let's put it another way, if he was not speaking in the capacity of a URSC member then he did not make that clear. He should have, because the information he came out with was indelibly linked to the URSC and Ulster rugby. If that is inaccurate or misinformation, prove me wrong because in the absence of any statement that is the held belief by me. I have never pretended otherwise.

Two members of the committee have resigned since Stanley spoke on the radio, neither resignation we are told is linked to the radio episode and MR tapes.

An investigation is being held or has been held by the URSC into Stanley speaking on the radio, no result of that investigation is publicly known.

Statements by 'URSC on Tour' on the UAFC site were presented in an official manner on the UAFC main forum in much the same way as Stanley presented himself on the radio, ie as representing the URSC. Still not clear whether URSC on Tour presented the official URSC line or spoke on his own behalf as a URSC committee member.

The result is that an official statement by the URSC is still awaited at this point in time.

Hope that clarifies Rooster. ie. Stanley was Joe Nobody and the URSC are going to make a statement about it sometime.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Good old BP - never use one word when 500 will do. Keep stirring - the water's not getting any muddier, indeed it's getting clearer as more and more people are seeing the real situation. But I suppose if it keeps you out of trouble and gives you something to moan about - why not?
The truth is obviously not controversial enough for you, so why not create your own version of the truth? Hope it keeps you happy.
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Gary wrote:Good old BP - never use one word when 500 will do. Keep stirring - the water's not getting any muddier, indeed it's getting clearer as more and more people are seeing the real situation. But I suppose if it keeps you out of trouble and gives you something to moan about - why not?
The truth is obviously not controversial enough for you, so why not create your own version of the truth? Hope it keeps you happy.
Gary by your own admission you did not hear the radio programme and where not at a subsequent committee meeting at which this may or may have been discussed, doesn't put you in a good position to rubbish other people's comments.

As for muddying waters, you started using it continue to do so, your the only one using that phraselology, what does it mean?, i don't understand why muddy waters has anything to do with the original topic. The only mud that's flying is you implying i'm lying. Frankly I stuck to what is in the public domain on this forum unlike others, you included, who brought private telephone conversations and e-mails into this topic. A right breach of confidence and a decided lack of trust where your concerned.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Gary
What do you make of this statement?

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/forum/viewto ... 6036#26036

Interesting it turns out it's not that different to something you said (you did also post as URSC on Tour did you not?) -

"that is the whole point of our discussions with UR - I fully believe we will complete the move towards controlling our own affairs. If only people, particularly those with their own hidden agendas, would let us get on with it!"
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

10 out of 10 for effort BP. Why are you so frightened by the truth? But your attempt to change the emphasis onto my breach of confidence is rather pathetic. Yes I brought e-mails and conversations into this - but is that not justified when the other correspondent is using this board to put forward a totally inaccurate and misleading version of events? A few, and I stress only a few, people have been foolish enough to fall for this. I note that CT/Haveuheard hasn't yet responded to my questions or contradicted anything I've said. Maybe the penny will drop for you sometime BP - until that time, I suggest you check your facts before you post. In the past I haven't challenged some of your ridiculous assertions and statements. From now on I will pull you up on every inaccuracy.

In the meantime, just go on venting your anger and tilting at imaginary windmills. I will continue living in the real world.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

surely MR is in Galway :?:

is this another windup :scratch:
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

dead ball wrote:Gary
What do you make of this statement?

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/forum/viewto ... 6036#26036

Interesting it turns out it's not that different to something you said (you did also post as URSC on Tour did you not?) -

"that is the whole point of our discussions with UR - I fully believe we will complete the move towards controlling our own affairs. If only people, particularly those with their own hidden agendas, would let us get on with it!"
No point thinking about that until we know that Mike Reid actually made the statement. Suspect he's busy down in Galway at the moment, but you never know!
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Freddie Benson wrote:surely MR is in Galway :?:

is this another windup :scratch:
What and he has no access to a lap top? Give me a break! But just because they are using his name doesnt mean he had to post it, surely he has an underling to post for him?

Gary
Was that a moniker you used to use?
Last edited by dead ball on Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

surely he must have other things to do half an hour before a game
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

DB yes I used URSC_on_Tour cos I had closed down "gaz" here.

Freddie - wonder who is trying to stir things up even more? Any ideas?
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

This whole situation would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. Get a grip are we not all here to support Ulster and no-one's ego should interfere. :twisted:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

there are $h!t stirers everywhere you look
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Gary
Mike Reid by the sounds of things. UR where expecting you guys to make a statement for some odd reason that never materialised. I for one am not surprised at them distancing themselves from the URSC. The big question is will the memebers move to a different club!

Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

ding dong2u wrote:This whole situation would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. Get a grip are we not all here to support Ulster and no-one's ego should interfere. :twisted:
The voice of common sense Ding! That's what I've been trying to tell everybody. Only toots and munchkin seemed to listen! :)