ENOUGHS ENOUGH!

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

IS 2006 GOING TO SEE AN INDEPENDANT SUPPORTERS CLUB

YES, COULD BE AN OPTION?
76%
NO WAY JOSE!
24%

Total votes: 17

ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Spot on BR. In some ways the URSC committee has contributed to recent difficulties by not making much of an attempt at communication but basically I think you hit the nail on the proverbial head.
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
OAWUF
Novice

Post by OAWUF »

Ballpark:

NO.

I'm not prepared to put in the time, I haven't got the time!

However I'm not the one complaining bitterly about the situation!!!

I find nothing in life is perfect, things could always be done better. However I'm quite prepared to accept that if an idividual is prepared to commit what time he has to The URSC then I'm willing to let them get on with it.

I also find that if a person is willing, but not necessarily able, they will realise this.

What I am prepared to do is contribute financially, in as many ways as I can to UR in order to assist the development of the team on the field.

As for MR, Marl McCall and the UB I do happen to believe for an organisation who turned into a professional body overnight is doing very well after a few years.

As I said nothing is perfect - I feel MMcC made an error on Saturday past.

I also know, if he agrees of course, he will know this, learn from it and use it to further develope the players and team.

I happen to believe that the Branch could do better when it comes to commercial sponsorship, but they are getting there.

I just don't believe they need me to constantly remind them of their current shortcomings through this medium!

HAPPY NEW YEAR BALLPARK!!!!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR- understand exactly where you are coming from but what actually happened in the set-up of URSC was that initially all members of Club Ulster ie all season ticket holders were automatically made members.

This actually meant that in the year before there was approx 2,500 - 2,700 members of which if I remember correctly some 300-400 joined by walking in and paying their money.

When this changed to the option on season ticket applications we seen somewhere between 900-1000 join this year. In truth it is difficult to say how many this would otherwise have been and whilst numbers are technically down this was the first real year that those wanting to pay to join was tested.

It should also have been a case that when all season ticket holders got their season tickets returned that it should have included a supporters information pack including what was on etc. However that is another story.

I would actually hope that this debate could develop.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

point taken CT - although how many of the Club Ulster faithful actually noticed they were URSC members, would be an interesting fact. In the brave new world, the members are aware they are members (they paid money for it after all!) and they each probably have their own ideas about what URSC is or should be doing. As always it is down to the few to put those ideas into practice and to battle against the realities that stand in their way.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BYO- I think that the poll was a good idea

BR- don't know how many actually noticed they were URSC members hell I suspect some are shocked at the thought of having to share with the great unwashed.

As I have said before the committee has always found it hard to hold onto people and in its short time has seen more than its fair share of traffic. I can only speak for myself I have done my bit.

OAWUF- re financing has UR always been in a situation requiring 70% funding from the IRFU or has that increased/decreased since turning professional.

My understanding would be that the running costs are going up and up
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

What , if anything, has the Supporters Club done on the issue of CHEERLEADERS ??

I have a rite 2 no.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

What , if anything, has the Supporters Club done on the issue of CHEERLEADERS ??

I have a rite 2 no.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I think OAWUF was trying to find out whether the UR professional rugby team was subsidised to the tune of 70% by the IRFU, or whether all the activities of the Ulster Branch - including Schools rugby, club support etc. are subsidised to the tune of 70%. or indeed whether UR is buried withn the UB accounts or if it is a totally separate entity from the rest of the UB and so on.

I am suspicious that this is kept far from clear....
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

When he says Ulster Rugby I still assume it to be the limited company that is the professional game and nothing else. The limited company is of course owned by directors based in Dublin but the company is registered here in Northern Ireland.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Cockatrice wrote:When he says Ulster Rugby I still assume it to be the limited company that is the professional game and nothing else. The limited company is of course owned by directors based in Dublin but the company is registered here in Northern Ireland.
A director does not own a company either individually or collectively. The shareholders own a limited company. They may also be Directors.
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

That's funny, I was a director of my company and I owned it.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

dead ball wrote:
The shareholders own a limited company. They may also be Directors.
:wink: :roll:
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

That was a quick edit dead-head.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Dewi
Not an edit but an answer to your question. The one previous was for CT's attention. I know this may be a bit to quick for you but do try and keep up there's a good lad. :wink:

dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Sorry Guys
For the benefit of Dewi a fuller explanation. No one owns a company by virtue of being a Director in or an Officer of a company. Someone owns a company or a shareholding in a company by virtue of being a shareholder. Being a Shareholder does not obstruct someone from also being a Director or an Officer. Thus how some directors can also own the company or a share in it. I hope that helps clarify the issue.