Stat Attack can someone help?

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Just Ruckin About
Novice

Stat Attack can someone help?

Post by Just Ruckin About »

Quick question could anyone tell me some info:

What were the teams when Ulster played Llanelli in the 2005/2006 in Celtic League season at Ravenhill what was score, and who won MOM

AND

What were the teams when Ulster played London Irish in the 2006/2007 in Eurpean Cup (I think that year) season at Ravenhill what was score, and who won MOM

Your help would be greatly appreciated?
Rob6
Initiate

Re: Stat Attack can someone help?

Post by Rob6 »

Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

You might want to check that with Cables. He is more reliable than UR's own records.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Just on the L/Irish game which was infamous for the kicking tee incident with David Humphreys...did anyone hear Clancy stopping Foden (i think ) from running a quick pen by telling him the tee was on pitch?
Don't remember hearing that law clarification or am i doting?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Just Ruckin About
Novice

Thats great thanks, I have both those games man of the match awards to auction off just trying to find out about the games!

Thanks
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Just Ruckin About wrote:Thats great thanks, I have both those games man of the match awards to auction off just trying to find out about the games!

Thanks
MOTM in the game v Llanelli was Paul Steinmetz - posted by Fermain on the match thread at the time.

Care to explain more about the auction?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Just Ruckin About
Novice

Its to raise money for Our school to go on rugby tour, there will be a dinner in at end of March and we have been given these to help raise funds if anyone would like to place a private bid Il bid on their behalf on the night. Both awards are pretty good

A Waterford crystal ball with Ulster v Llanelli MOM and Bank of Ireland etc on it, in a marble stand.

The Heineken Cup MOM award is great lovel crystal plate not sure of 'make' with of map of Europe on it and Heneken etc on it also have Humphs boots to go along with it.

Feel free to PM me a bid
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

browner wrote:Just on the L/Irish game which was infamous for the kicking tee incident with David Humphreys...did anyone hear Clancy stopping Foden (i think ) from running a quick pen by telling him the tee was on pitch?
Don't remember hearing that law clarification or am i doting?
I think the rule is that as soon as the attacking team has indicated they're going to have a shot at the posts they have to do so, and bringing a tee on seems like a fair enough indication they're going to. Think this has always been the case and Humphs try should have been disallowed (not that I'm complaining).
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

That's right ranger...law 21.4 (b) covers it. Don't remember thatlaw being quoted at the time of the Humph incident and couldn' be bothered going back on the thread.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

First time I saw that being done was by Methody in a schools' cup final;brilliant try but shortly afterwards they amended the rules.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I don't think the law was ever clarified. One law says that the player needs to indicate to the ref he will be kicking - which Humph didn't. The more recent law dealing with the 1 minute rule, says that the beginning of the time is indicated by the arrival of the kicking tee, etc. IMHO it was a valid try, but the laws could do with rewording. The simple fact is it's not a kick-at-goal until the ref says so..
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk