Travel to Aironi

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

tifoso
Novice

Travel to Aironi

Post by tifoso »

Hi

A few of us went to the Treviso away game last season and are keen to try Aironi as well next season. Can anyone who made this trip last season give any advice on travel arrangements? I know it is not as easy a venue to get to.

Another question - does anyone know when next season's league fixtures will be released?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HEC weekends and probably first 4 rounds actual dates and times will probably be announced around 20th July if same as previous years, league matches were not announced till August last year if I remember correctly and times were actually only a few weeks before first matches

Most went Dublin to Milan Linate last year and stayed in Parma for HEC match and supporters club had airport transfers and match transfers arranged thanks to Mr Bill the bus conductor :salut:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
tifoso
Novice

Re: Travel to Aironi

Post by tifoso »

Yes, I remember League dates were released early August last year. I wondered if the exact date was known yet. I contacted Ulster Rugby about this but haven't had a reply.

Thanks for the travel suggestions for Aironi. Actually I was in Parma this summer and it's a pleasant town. I will have to look into Mr Bill's arrangements later.

Thanks again.
Tanumz
Novice

Post by Tanumz »

Please beware that the HC game will be played in Monza (close to Milano) and not in Viadana.
Plenty more flights and Christmas shopping in one of Europe's most famous shopping places!
tifoso
Novice

Post by tifoso »

Very useful info!
Thanks
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Anyone know when the game is? Thinking of going myself and I'd like to know what its like
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gael wrote:Anyone know when the game is? Thinking of going myself and I'd like to know what its like
10 Sept for the PRO12 match, same weekend as Italian F1 so flights crazy prices
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
tifoso
Novice

Post by tifoso »

HC match in December. Exact date will be on Ulster Rugby website
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

From which source was the change of venue gleaned from Tanmuz ? You have only one post to your name so no real cred here :|
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

tifoso wrote:HC match in December. Exact date will be on Ulster Rugby website
ERC match is on Saturday 17th Decenber at 14:30, are you really sure it will not be in Viadana as there were all these rumours last year it may be in Regglio as well
Rory Best
tifoso
Novice

Post by tifoso »

Just been on the Aironi website. It still gives the venue as Stadio Zaffanella in Viadana
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Paulo Mullazzi quoted in the Gazzetta di Parma as saying they're just waiting ERC approval to move the games.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tanumz
Novice

Post by Tanumz »

I know I'm new, but I am from Monza and Ulster have booked the hotel there ...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tanumz wrote:I know I'm new, but I am from Monza and Ulster have booked the hotel there ...
I'm sure most people are not as suspicious as Namron and will thank you for posting such useful information. :salut:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Monza or in fct just about anywhere else in the region would be easier to get to than Viadana anyway and flights are all to that general are so can't see a problem unless someone has booked a no refund hotel already.
Rory Best