Problems with TapaTalk

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

LizzyFerret
Novice

Problems with TapaTalk

Post by LizzyFerret »

Hi, new to the forum, but not new to URSC.

Will mostly be accessing the boards via Tapatalk for iOS - but it seems there are a few glitches?

Anyone else experiencing problems?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Problems with TapaTalk

Post by Rooster »

I use Tapatalk for Blackberry and it gives "tunnel down" errors frequently, think it is a Tapatalk problem more than one here.
I find if you actually log in by useing the frequently visited method rather than favourites that it actually works better.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
LizzyFerret
Novice

Problems with TapaTalk

Post by LizzyFerret »

Cool thanks.

I was trying to reply to the competition thead and it said "invalid post Id" which made no sense.

Will try it again and see.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Tapatalk has been working ok for me (iPhone running iOS 5). I use it for a few other forums as well as uafc and all have been ok.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As one who has recently "inherited" a cast off iPhone 3GS from my son, can anyone explain briefly what TapaTalk is ? I am neither Luddite nor techie so Queen's English would be the best medium :lol:

Finding it hugely more user friendly than a ghastly Blackberry Curve that I'd love to smash*** & anything to improve my experience welcome.

*** Actually going to palm it off on my poor dear long-suffering wife - as if her life wasn't tough enough :(
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

TapaTalk is an app which lets you browse internet forums (like this one) on your phone.

I use it on my Android phone, it works well for me.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Tapatalk is a much easier way of using a forum like this, compared to viewing it on a phone web browser.

It basically reformats the entire forum in a way that works far better on a touch screen phone.

For the iPhone, the app costs £1.99 from the iTunes app store.

As well as UAFC supporting Tapatalk, munsterfans.com also supports it and there are thousands of other forums covering just about every subject you can think of.

Quite often I would still use Tapatalk on my iPhone to access this forum - even if I have a computer in front of me - as Tapatalk is so easy to use. Highly recommended.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Using tapatalk is akin to viewing your email account on your phones dedicated app as opposed to using your phones browser to navigate to the gmail/hotmail etc website and viewing it there... It downloads text to your phones cache and you dont have to waste time waiting for the forum backgrounds to appear.

Only gripe is its £1.99, not expensive but you get used to such things being free.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Picture paints a thousand words (sorry for the size of the images)... a browser can view the forum ok but you need to zoom-in/zoom-out to read the articles you want, click the links etc. but with Tapatalk, it is automatically formatted to the phone screen size.

Tapatalk
Tapatalk
photo1.JPG (84.03 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
Browser
Browser
photo2.JPG (89.35 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
Tapatalk
Tapatalk
photo3.JPG (83.36 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Is that it then ? Big rightin' :wink: :lol:

Call me odd but I actually prefer the view of the entire post rather than having sections loom large in yer bake. Each to their own & thanks for clearl'n that up. :salut:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

You do get the view of the entire post, but without having to scroll past headers, zoom in and out to suit view etc.

But i suspect you didnt get where you are today by spending £1.99 for these privileges ;)
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Bumping this up again as I am unable to post using Tapatalk. Getting a network error message please try again later. Anyone else with same issue?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I wonder is it to do with the security certificate?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:27 am I wonder is it to do with the security certificate?
Any chance of getting that certificate fixed? It's a real nuisance.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Still getting the same issue. Trying to use the website to post is a real pain on a mobile.