Glasgow.

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Glasgow.

Post by browner »

Anyone any experience of the city centre for a beer in the evening...any neutral pubs and the like...just trying to stay clear of bhoys and bears.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Re: Glasgow.

Post by browner »

What's a bear?
In Glasgow it's a "Teddy bear" a "ger"a Ranger just as a "Bhoy" is "hoop" or a "Celt."
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Any word of Supporter Club buses being organised for this one ?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

browner wrote:Anyone any experience of the city centre for a beer in the evening...any neutral pubs and the like...just trying to stay clear of bhoys and bears.
I am planning to make this trip with 'er indoors, and hadn't actually thought of this, but it's a fair point - I don't want to end up somewhere for a quiet jar or bite to eat, only to have some shaven-headed weegie nutjob pick up on the accent and back me into a corner asking me what foot I kick with :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Tenyarder
Novice

Post by Tenyarder »

I hear the venue might be switched to Ibrox - slipped in between the Annan Athletic and East Stirlingshire fixtures.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

darkside lightside wrote:I don't want to end up somewhere for a quiet jar or bite to eat, only to have some shaven-headed weegie nutjob pick up on the accent and back me into a corner asking me what foot I kick with :D
Swift hard kick in the nuts using your strongest leg and say "that one" as he folds over :lol:
Remember to follow through with knee to face as he goes down or he might pick a fight :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tenyarder wrote:I hear the venue might be switched to Ibrox - slipped in between the Annan Athletic and East Stirlingshire fixtures.
Would that be the week they are away realising their dream of playing in England by playing Berwick Rangers :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

140 views and no decent info...must all be day trippers on this board.
Wonder will Sky offer any coverage...i see that BBC ALBA won't be covering the Rabo league game at Scotstoun.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote:140 views and no decent info...must all be day trippers on this board.
Wonder will Sky offer any coverage...i see that BBC ALBA won't be covering the Rabo league game at Scotstoun.
http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchcentre ... 13&round=2

First 4 matches to be televised according to Sky schedule, though it can change but getting to final last year will have moved us up in the pecking order.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12946,00.html
Rory Best
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

darkside lightside wrote:
browner wrote:Anyone any experience of the city centre for a beer in the evening...any neutral pubs and the like...just trying to stay clear of bhoys and bears.
I am planning to make this trip with 'er indoors, and hadn't actually thought of this, but it's a fair point - I don't want to end up somewhere for a quiet jar or bite to eat, only to have some shaven-headed weegie nutjob pick up on the accent and back me into a corner asking me what foot I kick with :D
Don't know about city centre, but Ashton Lane in the west end has a great selection of bars & restaurants, one of which is an old cinema (still showing movies I think) and out on Byre's Road, the Curlers Rest is a top spot for grub or a drink.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

browner wrote:140 views and no decent info...must all be day trippers on this board.
Rabo league game at Scotstoun not until February - dates and ko's for rabo games up to new year only announced yesterday. Games post new year - details of ko and tv etc will be released later in year. Heineken game in R2 is due to be live on sky.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Browner

2 decent pubs in the city centre are the Horse Shoe Bar and the Pot Still
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Neill_M wrote:

Rabo league game at Scotstoun not until February - dates and ko's for rabo games up to new year only announced yesterday. Games post new year - details of ko and tv etc will be released later in year. Heineken game in R2 is due to be live on sky.

Oops...thanks for that Neill...also thanks to Mario and Dinger.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Anyone know any good bars around Scotstoun ie one's within an easy 10 minute max stagger of the ground?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Can't comment on the quality, but there's the Three Craws on the Crow Road beside Jordanhill Station; or McNabbs on Dunbarton Rd in the other direction.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk