Old Ravenhill seats- any use at all?

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

mike
Novice

Old Ravenhill seats- any use at all?

Post by mike »

hello folks. Just wondering if anybody had a good idea re the old stand seats. I bought a couple and it's the old fella's birthday in January so I wanted to turn them into garden seats but apparently this was impossible as the back rest was too short.

any ideas or is it to the dump for thon things?

thanks.
mike
Novice

Re: Old Ravenhill seats- any use at all?

Post by mike »

Hi mike and welcome to the forum.

I'm a bit concerned that despite this thread receiving 100 views, you are going to be completely overwhelmed by all the clever and practical ideas that the posters will throw your way.

Please don't worry about your precious seats as we are a kindly lot and we believe that each post on our forum is like a penguin making the long journey to mate in the ice cold artic-you lose one post, you lose them all.

so may I be the first to offer an idea for seat usage. Don't overcomplicate things. Keep it simple. keep it as a seat!

Get some strapping and tie it around your head. If you have a small child or a baby, plop it in the seat, ensuring that it is secure and make your trip to Ravenhill.

If it's pouring (and let's face it-it usually is)- not only do you stay nice and dry but the baby/small child also gets a birds-eye view of proceedings on the pitch!

Result. AND- the seat gets to return to it's spiritual home. Everybody's a winner except the drenched, pneumonic (?) baby/small child but it'll harden them.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

wow, you've gone full mental in just 2 posts!

Welcome to the forum, didn't purchase a seat, seemed a bit silly, not sure what you'd do with them in all honesty.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum (X2 as you either have someone who is mimicking you, or you have a split personality).

I hadn't responded to your original post as:
a: I wasn't one of the 100+ viewers, and
b: I couldn't come up with any suggestions for waht to do with your seat.

However, I have become concerned for you mental welfare now that you are talking to yourself (but as yet not replying to yersel), so I've thunk and thunk and thunk and this is the best I have to offer ..... prepare to be underwhelmed!

Firstly, you haven't told us anything about your old man - is he a tall man? If he is, he is probably very annoyoing to people around him at ravers in that he could well be blocking their view of the pitch. We have one like that who used to be very useful in the old days of no roof over the terrace in that he provided shelter to all who were downwind of him, but now we're cosy and covered, he's just a mobile obstruction who has outlived his usefulness (sorry MUM!) :stir:

IF yer old man IS a tall man, have you considered having a few of his spinal discs removed and the vertebrae fused for his Birthday? It may sound extreme, but it would serve two purposes ..... (1) a couple of inches shorter, he wouldn't be blocking so many people's view of the pitch, and then you could get yer seat made into the garden seat you first thought of (for father's day just in time for summer) but the back rest would not now be too short.

The other suggestion I have is to cut the back rest off completely, cut a whole in the seat and present him with a new loo seat, which would serve very useful purpose also bring many happy memories of ravers ........ as he sits there and defecates, he can think about how cr@p the stadium used to be compared to our nice shiny new one, and if he thinks back into the not so distance past, he will also think how far we have come to play the beautiful game we are playing now compared to the cr@p of a few years ago.

Now before you star criticisng me for being a bit extreme here, please do bear in mind that (a) I have responded to your post(s), which is more than anyone else has so far (apart from JB and he's just another loolabell) >EW , and (b) what I have written may be more of the cr@p referred to above, but at least it's not as bad as some of the stuff that my good friend baggie has written in the past few days ...... God love him, he must have forgotten to take his hat on hols and the sun has got to his cranium. :(
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

If you bring it on Friday night and install is somewhere (anywhere will do), you'll make one B Trousers a very happy man, as it will make it feel like the "Old" Ravenhill again. Maybe he'll buy you a pint, which is probably the best return you can hope for from a worn plastic seat.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

i think the size of the backrest would lend itself better to bar-stool type seating.

You've probably seen that sort of thing done with old tractor seats.

Of course, there's no point providing him with a stool and no bar; and what use is a bar without drink; ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk