From the Hill to the...Pan

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

10 or 15 only
Initiate

From the Hill to the...Pan

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Yes it is midweek and time for a little frivolity.

Should we not be updating the Site as no Hill now, just a Pan. This forum, View frae thae Pan...
It does conjure one or two pictures.

Poor "King".

I sign out and await a barriage of "filth".

Baggy get in there with your "vocabulaire extraordinaire". :thumleft:
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Re: From the Hill to the...Pan

Post by Rovi Snave »

Of course there is a Hill - always has been, always will be :red: End of thread - Mods - please close this one down - nothing more to say :fleg:
Finished
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

No.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

You sure about that Rovi?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Only change it if you get £300,000 a year for doing so, mods >gimmefive
It's the hope that kills you.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

How about a (fleg) protest to get them-uns in their ivory towers to rename the East terrace to... "The Terrace"[1] and the west terrace to "The Promenade"[2].

Teams (looking at you Saracens) would give their right arm to have the kind of history we have at Ravenhill - yet the powers that be are so frivolous with it.

[1]Where men are men and beer is scared.
[2]Where men are metrosexual and wkd is scared.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

BR wrote:You sure about that Rovi?
Was worth a try :lol:
Finished
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rovi Snave wrote:Of course there is a Hill - always has been, always will be :red: End of thread - Mods - please close this one down - nothing more to say :fleg:
Oh dear Mr Snave, I have to say nothing boils my pish more than someone thinking they know best when a thread has run it's course.

Anyway, that apart, you know what, sorry to be disappointing, but I really don't give too much of a toss. The ground was only named after a bloody address, same as Landowne Road.

Anybody call LR the Aviva? Yeah me too quite often, less of a mouthful, considerably less of a ground, soulless piece of crap. It doesn't deserve to be called Lansdowne Road.

Kingspan, on the other hand, well what a delightful wee ground, fit for purpose, unlike that Dublin abortion. Rough around the edges a bit still but excellent facilities for players and fans alike. Apart from the East Terrace of course, a piece of crap, doesn't deserve to be called "The Terrace", not fit for purpose, a nonsense with a considerably dis-improved view for all who are less than gigantic of stature.

The Memorial Stand is a huge improvement on the beer tent mind you, I like watching form the end, great view of the lines players take & all but the visually impaired can see 120 metres.

Anyway .................. what was the question?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.